Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 24, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #27,152 of 48,562
  What would be the most comfortable headphones? I have the AD700's right now from Audio Technica but want something more comfortable. I've been eyeing the DT-880s. Any suggestions?

Most comfortable headphones for me are the HD700, hands down. I've never worn anything more comfortable on my head. @Stillhart will probably back me up later this week. :wink:

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #27,153 of 48,562
http://www.head-fi.org/t/743280/new-release-the-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-an-exclusive-from-massdrop-and-akg

Massdrop and AKG have collabed to bring what seems like basically a rebranded K702 Anniversary in all black, for $200. I couldnt resist and pulled the trigger. It's called the K7XX, and this run is limited to 2000, but they said theyre making 6000. I'm not sure if I can link the dreaded group buy website, but the initial review of the K7XX is on the front page. Go get one now!!!!

Edit: here's the link if anyone is too lazy https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #27,154 of 48,562
Welcome to the party, tigim101. We've been talking about those for a bit now. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #27,156 of 48,562
Yeah people have been talking about them since they were officially announced yesterday, it's pretty much the most interesting news that's come out recently. Partly thanks to the fact that it's based on the famous K702 Annie and partly the fact that it's removed the taboo around discussing Massdrop. Many people are excited for this one.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #27,157 of 48,562
Its been secretly been talked for a few weeks actually. I actually heard about them last week, since I was wantig to buy the k712 but decided to jump on these instead. I kind of wanted to be number 10 but ended up being number 20 on the drop lol

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #27,158 of 48,562
It's been secretly talked about for months. It just seems that the last few weeks less and less have been able to hide their excitement. About a week ago Massdrop teased a photo of them on their site and it's started generating interest. When the Massdrop team told me about them I wanted so badly to share the news with everyone, and that was back during the summer.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #27,159 of 48,562

Most comfortable headphones for me are the HD700, hands down. I've never worn anything more comfortable on my head. @Stillhart will probably back me up later this week. :wink:

At this point, I'm praying for this week.  If they don't ship soon, the long holiday weekend is going to really mess with my delivery times.  :frowning2:

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #27,160 of 48,562

At this point, I'm praying for this week.  If they don't ship soon, the long holiday weekend is going to really mess with my delivery times.  :frowning2:

Yeah, I'm hoping that mine ship out today too. Some people are starting to receive shipping notices. If it ships today I could, in theory, have mine by Wednesday. Since they're shipping UPS Ground I doubt it'd make it out to you before the holiday, if I'm honest. UPS Ground is pretty slow to get across country. Sometimes it takes 7 days for me to get something from Cali. Now if you paid for the normal UPS shipping, that's a different story.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #27,165 of 48,562
From this point on, if anyone asks me what the best headphone is for $200, you guys can auto answer for me. The K7XX will be the easy answer, considering it's more than likely an Annie downmarked to a ridiculously affordable price level (by audiphile standards).

Seriously. Forget the MA900, K612, DT990 Pro. The K7XX for $200 is the one you'll want, IF you want a very balanced sound with some warmth in the bass and mids, and very good soundstage and comfort. You can then just buy some Q701 pads for it if you prefer a more detail focused and even more spacious sound. The only thing that keeps me from it is that it isn't exactly the easiest thing to drive when a mic is attached, which is why I'm still focused on the X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back