Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #25,816 of 48,562

So you're running the optical and USB to the PS4 from the Tx, the headphone/mic cable from the headphones to the Rx and nothing between the controller and the Rx?

Yes sir, the original Astro USB cable. PC360 headphones and a silly two into one from the headphones to the Rx.

I could use a tad more volume so considering an amp.

The rechargeable battery was the greatest add-on ever, THANKS to MLE for telling us to get that!

For my XbOne I have to use a cable to the controller, and I hate that wire dangling :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #25,817 of 48,562
  Yes sir, the original Astro USB cable. PC360 headphones and a silly two into one from the headphones to the Rx.

I could use a tad more volume so considering an amp.

The rechargeable battery was the greatest add-on ever, THANKS to MLE for telling us to get that!

For my XbOne I have to use a cable to the controller, and I hate that wire dangling :)

I may have to track down one of those USB cables if my friend's Mixamp doesn't come with one. I like that idea more than running a cable from the controller to the Rx.

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #25,820 of 48,562
Hurry up, 11:30PM! Sheeeeeeeeeesh...

My alcantara pads came in today, just before I left for work no less. So I want to get home and try them out. If they can improve the comfort as much as you say then I'll be keeping them.

Is that 11:30PM ET?

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #25,822 of 48,562
Yup, I'm still in the midwest... for now.

Sweeeeeet! We can play a couple games, tonight. Can't stay up too late, though, since it is a school night for me :p

Which reminds me...

You fukers are going to be so ahead of me by the first weekend of Destiny, since I won't be able to play much during the week. I have to make sure I do some extra school assignments ahead of time, so I'll at least have that weekend completely free to play catch up... :D

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #25,823 of 48,562
Sweeeeeet! We can play a couple games, tonight. Can't stay up too late, though, since it is a school night for me
tongue.gif

Which reminds me...

You fukers are going to be so ahead of me by the first weekend of Destiny, since I won't be able to play much during the week. I have to make sure I do some extra school assignments ahead of time, so I'll at least have that weekend completely free to play catch up...
biggrin.gif

Psh, school. Nobody needs to learn nothin'.

Hopefully I can make some game time tonight. I'll see when I get home.

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #25,825 of 48,562
Just a thought. If the Astro USB cable allows for voice chat by plugging to 3.5mm input on the Tx, couldn't it be substituted for a cheap soundcard + 3.5mm cables + splitter?

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #25,826 of 48,562
  Just a thought. If the Astro USB cable allows for voice chat by plugging to 3.5mm input on the Tx, couldn't it be substituted for a cheap soundcard + 3.5mm cables + splitter?

Not on a console.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #25,827 of 48,562
Seems as if the X2 was available on amazon.uk but is now out of stock...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MRUPSHQ

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #25,828 of 48,562
  Not on a console.

I had that setup on my PS3 back when I was using first gen mixamp that didn't have USB chat option and it worked flawlessly, so it should work

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #25,829 of 48,562
  I had that setup on my PS3 back when I was using first gen mixamp that didn't have USB chat option and it worked flawlessly, so it should work

What cheap soundcards work on a PS3?  You mean like a cheap USB Xonar thing?

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #25,830 of 48,562

Do elaborate, please. I have a cheap TurtleBeach soundcard laying around. If it's possible to use it in place of the Astro USB cable I'm going to make the jump soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back