Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #25,831 of 48,566
I once used this as a chat alternate when I had my PS3. Yethal is correct if he is referring to this...

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS

Works flawlessly for chat on the PS3, so it should also work on the PS4 I would believe...

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #25,832 of 48,566
  I once used this as a chat alternate when I had my PS3. Yethal is correct if he is referring to this...

Works flawlessly for chat on the PS3, so it should also work on the PS4 I would believe...

Not this exact model but equally ****ty, I plugged headphone jack cable into the mp3 input and mic one in the daisy chain port, and it worked. So in 5,8 case two minijacks connected with a Y splitter should work

@Stillhart more like 1.99$ usb dongle, but xonar should work fine too

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #25,833 of 48,566
Sweeeeeet! We can play a couple games, tonight. Can't stay up too late, though, since it is a school night for me :p

Which reminds me...

You fukers are going to be so ahead of me by the first weekend of Destiny, since I won't be able to play much during the week. I have to make sure I do some extra school assignments ahead of time, so I'll at least have that weekend completely free to play catch up... :D

Well at least you're in the same boat as Mad, right?
No way one weekend will be enough to catch up though, since I don't have anyone to go camping with I just used 4 vacation days to see if I can get sick of Destiny :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
*forecast: probably won't get sick of it, judging by the alpha and beta :wink:

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #25,834 of 48,566

So you go from the AUX in on the back of the Tx to the USB device you linked? This sounds vaguely familiar but I honestly wasn't paying attention back then.

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #25,835 of 48,566
Well at least you're in the same boat as Mad, right?
No way one weekend will be enough to catch up though, since I don't have anyone to go camping with I just used 4 vacation days to see if I can get sick of Destiny :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
*forecast: probably won't get sick of it, judging by the alpha and beta
wink.gif

Dang!  Which days are you taking off?  

BTW, I have a little clan that I made for the beta; you guys are all welcome to join if you want.

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #25,836 of 48,566
Axel, I never tried this solution, exactly. I just used to own one with my ps3 and know it works for chat when plugged into the USB. I don't see why it shouldn't work as an alternate solution to not having PS chat cable with the 5.8 mixamp. Makes sense and good find, Yethal, if it does work...

Ev, I don't think Mad is in such a bad position since he only has games in his way, not massive research and schoolwork :p

In case anyone wants to know, looks like Sony just replaced my PS4 with a brand new one. Same thing with both controllers. Only 13 days turnaround, and for 12 of those days it was in FedEx's possession.

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #25,837 of 48,566

So you go from the AUX in on the back of the Tx to the USB device you linked? This sounds vaguely familiar but I honestly wasn't paying attention back then.

Exactly that, also a splitter would come in handy since this is a single 4 pole minijack. But it worked for PS3 and should work for PS4

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #25,841 of 48,566
  Man I wish the PS4 had a single USB on the back, that would make things so much cleaner. Way to be short-sighted, Sony.

This is definitely one of my beefs with the PS4.  ******* ridiculous decision, especially considering they had the SAME PROBLEM on the PS3.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #25,842 of 48,566
I wonder how garage1217's Project Polaris's bandwith settings would help the HE-400. I think it would be an incredibly ideal combo, since it could potentially knock off the HE-400's treble problems almost entirely.

http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_015.htm

That amp looks almost ideal in general, plenty of power with both low and high impedances.

I think when I bounce back, I'm getting this amp.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #25,843 of 48,566
I wonder how garage1217's Project Polaris's bandwith settings would help the HE-400. I think it would be an incredibly ideal combo, since it could potentially knock off the HE-400's treble problems almost entirely.

That amp looks almost ideal in general, plenty of power with both low and high impedances.

There's been talk about that amp in the HE-4 thread.  They seem to like it.  Not sure how the sound sigs compare...

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #25,844 of 48,566
It has a lot of power for planars, and about as much for 600ohm headphones as the Compass 2. The bandwith settings can basically limit the harshness of treble, which is what the HE-400 needs.

I think this would be my end game, since that is ALL I want fixed from the HE-400.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #25,845 of 48,566

Well spoken my friend. :wink:

Seriously though, there's something awesome coming down the pipe that if you don't buy one I might just end up gifting one to you, depending on the retail price of course. Hopefully you'll have everything else you need to really take advantage of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back