Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #25,247 of 48,562
Battlefields better if you are on with friends and all in chat..just makes the whole experience more like being in the game..quite funny when you are all in the huey and the pilot shouts everyone jump!

I absolutely loved the attack helicopter, probably the most fun I had was in the heli co-op mission.

Respawning on a teammate is cool too, keeps you closer to the action and makes "lives" important (at least for the last squad member).

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #25,248 of 48,562
Well it's not a no skill twitch shooter like COD is either. You don't need much skill when playing COD to get 20 kills or so, but in Battlefiled it does get tense and you have to work together. Battlefield is still pretty responsive, just that guns have weight to them unlike in COD where they feel like you're not holding anything. To me it's more satisfying when you successfully flank enemies then take them all out, unlike COD where you aim, spray, and run away. I like COD, but to me the better game is still Battlefield. To each his own though. I'll be getting Advanced Warfare when it arrives later this year. It looks super cool and a nice change from what we've seen in the series. 

I'm not here to preach or convert anyone to Battlefiled, it's your choice. Play what you like, respect what other like. Game on.

Yethal, the game was never "unplayable" at all. Sure there were a ton of bugs, but it was still plenty playable. It was never a broken as some people make it out to be.

Quote:
Downloaded the BF4 trial on PS3. Still so... unresponsive. Way too spoiled by CoD.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #25,249 of 48,562
The thing about COD is that unlike Battlefield, COD is easy to play, hard to master. It is accessible to everyone from the get go, but to be a dominant player, it's not as easy as people think it is. Try being a newbie against the good players and you'll quickly be put in your place.

Battlefield has a more difficult learning curve, and unless you like it's mechanics enough to do well, it is nowhere near as accessible. It is definitely the tougher game.

My thing with Battlefield (as well as other big games), is that there are way too many lulls in the action due to how humongous the maps are. I'm not very patient, and always wanna be in the action. That's why I've always leaned on CoD. The fact CoD is now trying to somewhat copy Battlefield in scope is making CoD worse. Ghosts has so many areas in maps that get zero action and traffic because really, it's unnecessary for maps to be so big (by CoD standards).

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #25,250 of 48,562
My V-Moda BoomPro is still holding on strong after months of usage. Only issue I have is that it tangles way too easily. The first one I had tangled so bad the sleeve ripped. I got a replacement and even though I take even better care of this one, it still tangles on the daily. Soooo annoying! I call it the V-Moda TanglePro.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #25,251 of 48,562
I mean, if there's one franchise I'm a fanboy of and buy (almost) every one near day 1, it's Halo. You have to sustain your aim for just a bit longer, and you have greater options for movement, so there ends up being more skill involved in double kills and anything better than 1:1, you have to really pay attention to tactics during a firefight. Plus I think the physics things that happen with explosions and while in vehicles is simply fun to experience (and I think audio is best, tho Halo4 warthogs are unusually loud), and there's greater map variety.

But really, they're all good games, just emphasize different tactics. Battlefield has strategic and preparation tactics, CoD has reflex tactics and adrenaline management, Halo has movement tactics and also rewards calm-under-fire. Each of these games reward players good at strategy, reflexes, movement, and concentration, but each distinctly rewards one "tactical skill" the most.

Despite the fact that Bungie stopped working on (is free from?) Halo and that Halo 4 was a bit of a change from the formula established in Halo 2, it's still gonna hurt a bit not to continue Master Chief's story on XBone. Luckily I think Destiny's MP was pretty sweet. I had to good at killing the interceptor vehicles, and there's not exactly a variety of power weapons to encourage movement to reach certain map points, but it still feels good moving during gunfights and earning Supers as rewards for doing well encourages aggression (as well as cool physics).

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #25,252 of 48,562
The fact CoD is now trying to somewhat copy Battlefield in scope is making CoD worse. Ghosts has so many areas in maps that get zero action and traffic because really, it's unnecessary for maps to be so big (by CoD standards).

Funny you say that, because I thought Battlefield trying to somewhat copy CoD in scope as of the last several games was making Battlefield worse.

They're two different styles of gameplay; each should stay where they belong instead of trying to make a bid for the other game's playerbase to the extent that they forget their original roots.

Then again, maybe the competition is a good thing, considering the great Quake III Arena vs. Unreal Tournament rivalry of the last decade, the golden age of FPSs.

In other news, the GameSpy server shutdown has really screwed things up. The Battlefield lobbies over on Tunngle are near-empty, and while BF2 has some kinda community replacement going on to keep people playing together, 1942, Vietnam and 2142 are not so fortunate. Good thing they still support "offline" LAN play, at least...tunnel that and it's no different from playing online.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #25,253 of 48,562
If I recall, Medal of Honor was basically Battlefield with CoD sized maps, and it felt just so wrong. Basically limiting what makes Battlefield good. I remember renting it, and it was so...just lacking.

I think CoD can thrive with bigger maps, but it needs more changes than just big maps. That and the fact all 3 studios are making 'near future to future' setting CoDs is just stupid. They shouldve had one company doing past era CoDs, one doing present, and one doing future. Pretty soon, they will saturate the market with the same Crysis, Killzone type settings.

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #25,254 of 48,562
If I recall, Medal of Honor was basically Battlefield with CoD sized maps, and it felt just so wrong. Basically limiting what makes Battlefield good. I remember renting it, and it was so...just lacking.

I think CoD can thrive with bigger maps, but it needs more changes than just big maps. That and the fact all 3 studios are making 'near future to future' setting CoDs is just stupid. They shouldve had one company doing past era CoDs, one doing present, and one doing future. Pretty soon, they will saturate the market with the same Crysis, Killzone type settings.

Medal of Honor was more like CoD with battlefield classses ballistics and customization. The one thing I'd like to see in cod is bigger player count. Even battlefield on tdm on the smallest of the smallest of maps has 12v12 (bf3) and 10v10 (bf4)

Futuristic fps is slowly becoming what WW2 shooter was 10 years ago, oversaturated market.

Also, whoever here owns a PS4, give Shadow Fall multi a try

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #25,255 of 48,562
Ummm does everyone in this thread play easy/noob games??? Cod and battlefield... Really???

Anyway, I jumped on the pro900 after you guys told me to go the dt770 route. I couldn't resist. Got the 900s last night and so far I'm not impressed. They came with alpha pads and I honestly find the stock pads to sound better. The alpha pads make the highs sound more harsh and the bass is less...weird considering it suppose to be the opposite according to the majority of people on here. I think it could be because my ears are farther away from the driver with the alpha pads.

I think the bass is over hyped. Compared to my m50s,the bass is boomier but in terms of ear tingling bass, the m50s win at that. That kind of bass is sub bass, correct?

So far I'm pretty disappointed. Bought them off eBay for $375. Hoping I can make my money back or close to it if I decide to sell. Still want to try the 770s. Do the 770s have better ear tingling bass compared to the M50s?

Mike

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #25,258 of 48,562
Ummm does everyone in this thread play easy/noob games??? Cod and battlefield... Really???

Anyway, I jumped on the pro900 after you guys told me to go the dt770 route. I couldn't resist. Got the 900s last night and so far I'm not impressed. They came with alpha pads and I honestly find the stock pads to sound better. The alpha pads make the highs sound more harsh and the bass is less...weird considering it suppose to be the opposite according to the majority of people on here. I think it could be because my ears are farther away from the driver with the alpha pads.

I think the bass is over hyped. Compared to my m50s,the bass is boomier but in terms of ear tingling bass, the m50s win at that. That kind of bass is sub bass, correct?

So far I'm pretty disappointed. Bought them off eBay for $375. Hoping I can make my money back or close to it if I decide to sell. Still want to try the 770s. Do the 770s have better ear tingling bass compared to the M50s?

Mike

Pro900 have great bass but they kinda suck in every other aspect... Recessed mids, harsh highs,...
Yeah, I learnt that the hard way myself...
If you're not opposed to open headphones, I'd recommend the Philips X1/X2. These have amazing sub bass and sound good in other categories as well.
My experience in closed headphones is limited though...

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #25,259 of 48,562
What elite games do you play?

Sniper-elite-3.jpeg

Also the original Counter Strike (not the CS:GO for the noobs).

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #25,260 of 48,562
Pro900 have great bass but they kinda suck in every other aspect... Recessed mids, harsh highs,...
Yeah, I learnt that the hard way myself...
If you're not opposed to open headphones, I'd recommend the Philips X1/X2. These have amazing sub bass and sound good in other categories as well.
My experience in closed headphones is limited though...

Sounds like a bit of an avoid at all cost headphone. The X1 does seem like a good option from what I read about it. In terms of closed headphones, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm has a whole lot of sub-bass but suffers a bit in the midrange and treble. The Beyerdynamic DT 150 is one of the best mid-tier($200-500) headphones I've ever heard regardless of closed or open, it should have enough bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back