Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #24,811 of 48,562
^I'm still lost at why you still have them with the K712 under the same roof... :/

Guess you really do hold sentimental value to some gear :p

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #24,812 of 48,562
The MA900 was refined enough for me, but it took awhile and a few specific songs to make me feel "the magic." It's a great gaming headphone, but for my all-rounder, I wanted a little more extension. Maybe even a bit of wear on the drivers so things aren't TOO tight
wink.gif

I think Feg was recommending an upgrade for me that has a lot of mids. Nothing at all wrong with my AKG's, but the little more tight (possibly restrained? Analytical is most often used) all around DT880 I got ended up not offering complimentary alternate character from my K712 (which I am keeping). So an HD800 sounds like a mix/upgrade of the DT880 and K712 strengths, but not something different really.

Last night I had a lot of fun playing Destiny (again) with my DSS and DT880, seems to pretty obviously dampen distortions in the DSS (I'd attribute the less picky nature of the DT880 to it's 600 ohm impedance, though an amp's "color" is still a factor), made me want to give it more of a chance, but if someone was willing to trade an HD600 I'd have to consider it.

My ears must be weird with the MA900, I spent a couple days listening to it again not long ago on a few different sources and it was still lacking in refinement to me, the mids are grainy or something. If you want a better all-rounder the HD 600 is a great option, the HD 650 as well if you want more warmth and smoother/darker treble with just a tad more refinement.
I am keeping my K712 as well, it's my more analytical all-rounder, I haven't really noticed any genres or situations it does wrong, but often I crave something lusher and more intimate, especially in the mids, which is where the HD 650 comes into play.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #24,813 of 48,562
:)
^I'm still lost at why you still have them with the K712 under the same roof... :/

Guess you really do hold sentimental value to some gear :p

I can't believe he still has the Q701 he bought from me, lol.

And I agree. I think in his situation, I would just sell the Q701, and order some Q701 pads for the K712 so he can basically have both headphones with a simple pad swap.

As for the 650, I love it, but it isnt all too great for gaming. It doesn't work as well as some others. Positional accuracy is a bit wonky with the 650. The 650 though is among my faves for all around use though. After loosening the clamp, the 650 is basically one of those headphones that I would use as my only headphone. The 650 has mids that I prefer pretty much over every other headphone that isn't the LCD2.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #24,814 of 48,562
hi
i'm looking for q701 + creative z+antlion ModMic
is it good for gaming 
what is better than q701 for gaming
and thanks
ps:sorry for pm i'm new here i didn't read the note in first sorry

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #24,817 of 48,562
The K712 is more all rounder-ish, with more musicality and bass. It's also considerably more comfortable due to the headband not being bumpy and uncomfortable. If you can afford the K712 Pro, by all means... not much that there is to complain about it.

So guys, thanks to AxelCloris who gave me a steam key, I've been absolutely hooked on Hitman: Absolution. I believe this game was on PS Plus for PS3, but I dunno, I didn't give it a real chance. Now... I can't believe it took me this long. I like it so much, I may end up playing the older ones at some point. I loved the old ninja Tenchu games where stealth was key, so this brings back those kinds of feels. :)

This is my FIRST Hitman game. Yeah, I know.

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #24,818 of 48,562
The K712 is more all rounder-ish, with more musicality and bass. It's also considerably more comfortable due to the headband not being bumpy and uncomfortable. If you can afford the K712 Pro, by all means... not much that there is to complain about it.

So guys, thanks to AxelCloris who gave me a steam key, I've been absolutely hooked on Hitman: Absolution. I believe this game was on PS Plus for PS3, but I dunno, I didn't give it a real chance. Now... I can't believe it took me this long. I like it so much, I may end up playing the older ones at some point. I loved the old ninja Tenchu games where stealth was key, so this brings back those kinds of feels.
smily_headphones1.gif

This is my FIRST Hitman game. Yeah, I know.

You know, Absolution is a refreshment to the series, lots of things in the game work differently than in previous games (disguises, checkpoints etc). Also it does surprisingly good positional audio

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #24,820 of 48,562
Can any one tell me what i need to buy to get my mic working on ps4 with my dss heres my setup
superlux hd668b dss and zalman zmmic1 microphone
Cant get my mic working no matter what i try
I plugged mic into ps4 controller dosent work plugged it into dss dosent work think i need to buy asomthing or a diffrent mic
Could someone who has used a mic with dss on ps4 tell me how they got it working and what mic and what cable i need
Cheers

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #24,821 of 48,562
kinda off topic
http://www.astrogaming.com/usb-tx-%28dolby-transmitter%29/3AM50-PCW9X-975.html
Anybody with a50s want to try this out?

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #24,822 of 48,562
So guys, thanks to AxelCloris who gave me a steam key, I've been absolutely hooked on Hitman: Absolution. I believe this game was on PS Plus for PS3, but I dunno, I didn't give it a real chance. Now... I can't believe it took me this long. I like it so much, I may end up playing the older ones at some point. I loved the old ninja Tenchu games where stealth was key, so this brings back those kinds of feels. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried playing Codename 47 recently and just couldn't do it. The controls and interface were very...off putting and didn't have a good feel. I haven't tried Silent Assassin yet, but if it feels similar, I would also avoid it. Blood Money is worth playing from what I've heard. If you like stealth, you should try out the old Thief games. Dues Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines also have decent stealth play if you're into RPGs. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #24,823 of 48,562

I tried playing Codename 47 recently and just couldn't do it. The controls and interface were very...off putting and didn't have a good feel. I haven't tried Silent Assassin yet, but if it feels similar, I would also avoid it. Blood Money is worth playing from what I've heard. If you like stealth, you should try out the old Thief games. Dues Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines also have decent stealth play if you're into RPGs. 

Unfortunately since Codename 47 was the first game it didn't handle very easily. Eventually I got the feel for it when paired with the Xbox 360 controller (I didn't play it when it first came out). Silent Assassin was a big step forward but there were still some sticking points. It wasn't until Contracts that the gameplay felt it had reached a nice place. Contracts was first Hitman game I picked up and it's still a lot of fun.

Also, for anyone wanting a different perspective on the franchise, Hitman GO on iOS is pretty damned fun too.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #24,824 of 48,562
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't believe he still has the Q701 he bought from me, lol.

And I agree. I think in his situation, I would just sell the Q701, and order some Q701 pads for the K712 so he can basically have both headphones with a simple pad swap.

As for the 650, I love it, but it isnt all too great for gaming. It doesn't work as well as some others. Positional accuracy is a bit wonky with the 650. The 650 though is among my faves for all around use though. After loosening the clamp, the 650 is basically one of those headphones that I would use as my only headphone. The 650 has mids that I prefer pretty much over every other headphone that isn't the LCD2.

I'm not too surprised it's all that great for gaming, but the HD 650 should be decent for gaming at least. I'm getting it more as a music listening headphone personally. The LCD-2 does have wonderful mids, there are only really a few headphones with better mids, sadly I find the headphone is mostly held back by comfort. If it was more comfortable I would be likely be saving up for the LCD-2, they also seemed to of changed the sound with the new fazored versions. I gather the Oppo PM-1 is a good alternative to the non-fazored LCD-2 though.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #24,825 of 48,562

Unfortunately since Codename 47 was the first game it didn't handle very easily. Eventually I got the feel for it when paired with the Xbox 360 controller (I didn't play it when it first came out). Silent Assassin was a big step forward but there were still some sticking points. It wasn't until Contracts that the gameplay felt it had reached a nice place. Contracts was first Hitman game I picked up and it's still a lot of fun.

That's good to know. I don't have Contracts, but I do have Silent Assassin and Blood Money, so maybe I'll try them again some day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back