Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #20,327 of 48,562
LoL I actually ordered the X1s when i woke up this morning at 5am CST and i was like "mmm...lets see whats going on at amazon in my wishlist", since I had the X1s on my 3rd page wishlist I just randomly went to it.

To my surprise, the X1s were 150 dollars....I was like WHAT!?. I told myself maybe this is a glitch on amazon website or something. So I quickly came on here to check if anyone knew because i was going to post the news anyways....and then to my surprise again, someone posted hours before that the X1s in fact were on sale. I saw them yesterday for 250 and when I saw them for 150 today in the morning, I was like add to cart NOW lol.

Now I have an MA900 that i ordered last week which should be here tomorrow and on top of that, the X1s...I wasnt really looking to spend more than 200 but being on this website makes your wallet go crazy...and get hurt a bit.

But this is a true story lol.

I just cant wait to see which I like more and sell one off because well....this is a business world and we need to make money :wink:.

But then again I might just keep both lol

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #20,328 of 48,562
After emailing them using the picture provided by DADDYDC650 and letting them know that a few of you received refunds and purchased the X1 for $150 they emailed me back with the same reply retiredat21 got:
Hello, 
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. I understand that you'd like to get the refund. 
I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. 
I've issued a refund for the price difference in the amount of $109.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days. 

So thanks so much guys!

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #20,329 of 48,562
After emailing them using the picture provided by DADDYDC650 and letting them know that a few of you received refunds and purchased the X1 for $150 they emailed me back with the same reply retiredat21 got:
[COLOR=333333]Hello, [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. I understand that you'd like to get the refund. [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]I've issued a refund for the price difference in the amount of $109.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]So thanks so much guys![/COLOR]
happy for you bro!

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #20,331 of 48,562
Hello,

I have gone through almost the whole OP and read the most interesting HPs´ reviews at least twice and came to the conclusion that the Sony MA 900 would be great for me.

But although I read MLE´s review several times I am still confused by the low impedance of the HP ( 15 ohm ).
I have an about ten years old Yamaha RX V 430 and in the manual is written something of

phones output:  0.34V / 560 ohm.

I was already almost buying them, but then I read this on amazon.uk:

By 
M. Thompson "Jukemark"

At times they sounded good, but mostly they sounded boring with no Bass. I am no Bass head, and I would never own Dre's but these are VERY Bass light. I used them with a Meridian Explorer DAC/AMP using lossless music on a MacBook Pro so they had a good chance to shine. But they didn't for me, sent them back.

and there was one comment I absolutely don´t understand, perhaps due to my bad english...

SC says:  

This happened because the Meridian Explorer has a 48 Ohm output impedance. One of the MA900's definining characteristics is their low impedance (15 Ohm) so your source must have at most 2 Ohm output impedance (the "1/8th rule"), otherwise there will be strange (and often unpredictable) results.

Does that mean the Sony MA 900 is absolutely not the right choice for my Yamaha?
Which impedance should an AV receiver have to handle the Sony right?

If that kind of question has been asked several times, I want to apologize for myself, but I have searched in the internet and on this forum for over an hour and haven´t found an clearing answer.
Having said that it would be very kind if anybody could help me.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #20,334 of 48,562
That was a superb deal on the X1s for whoever got them. Congratulations! 
beerchug.gif

I'm almost certain, however, there will be an X2 coming real soon...

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #20,335 of 48,562
beerchug.gif

I hope the X2  will make an appearance in the coming months. I also hope the X1's will still sell for $200+ so I can sell them and put that cash towards the X2's. That is unless Philips screws things up.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #20,336 of 48,562
beerchug.gif

Indeed it was.  And my body is ready for an X2.

...So, K612 eh??
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #20,338 of 48,562
So when something like this happens with a pair of headphones ie. X1s going on sale or MA900 discontinued (i ordered both by the way lol), does it usually mean another new headphone will come out? And in a matter of months?

I know this is a bit of topic but i would like to know. I have been told that when the Sony F1 was discontinued, it took a while before the MA900 was released...so maybe that will be a different pattern. But what about the X1? What is its routine or how will its routine be with a product that continues using its SQ or make it better?

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #20,339 of 48,562
Yes, normally in any market if they discontinue a model a new one is on the way.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #20,340 of 48,562
I wouldn't hold my breath on a replacement model from Sony.  They can take a while to come out with headphones.  It took forever after the F1 was discontinued for the MA900 to show up. 

I think a X2 is more likely, but I'm not sure what Philips's plan is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back