Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #20,312 of 48,562
Gave them a call but ther were sold out. So the price on there was $300 while I paid $250. Guy was a bit leary about helping me. He did match the lowest price of $222 for a used set so gave me $30 in store credit. Not $100 but a lot better than the sorry I can't help you I was expecting.

Would have been sweet to get my friend a pair of x1s to go along with the 5.8 mixamp I ordered him. Hope he will like the a30s that come with it.

$220 is still a great deal I assume the $150 was a price mistake.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #20,313 of 48,562
Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Philips Fidelio X1/28 Over-Ear Headphones. I'll be happy to help you.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

Since the price of the item has changed within seven days of the delivery of the order, I've issued a refund for the price difference in the amount of $109.50. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Thats the email i received.. received my x1s 4days ago

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #20,315 of 48,562
AKG K612s getting so little love.
Yet they nudge the MA900/X1 when amped :/

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #20,319 of 48,562
I chatted with Amazon and they said that there were no listings for it for $150, so if any of you have some screenshots please share haha. Also was it from a third party?

I asked about that over the phone. The guy said they had filters that would stop him from getting the image. Didn't push the issue to hard as I didn't realize at the time it was amazons own sale I was trying to match. Tried the email thing see if that helps. Was going to check this morning but had to rush to work only to get stuck behind a train and almost late for work forgetting all about it.

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #20,320 of 48,562
You like the AKG612 better than the X1 when amped? Ive always wanted to try that and the K712.

It obviously depends on what kind of signature you are looking for.
The three are rather different.
But in terms of tonal accuracy, balance and imaging [both music and gaming] the K612 beats them.
The MA900 wins in the midrange bloom/air and the X1 in bass and sub-bass quantity but I feel like the K612, especially for 200 bucks everywhere, is the better rounded and more detailed headphone.
It is brighter than both though [in a sense that there is more highs + extension].

Needless to say, as my very first entry into AKG territory, I am certainly not disappointed.

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #20,321 of 48,562
I asked about that over the phone. The guy said they had filters that would stop him from getting the image. Didn't push the issue to hard as I didn't realize at the time it was amazons own sale I was trying to match. Tried the email thing see if that helps. Was going to check this morning but had to rush to work only to get stuck behind a train and almost late for work forgetting all about it.

Funny enough it says it is the X1 in my e-mail feed but when I click on the link it takes me to the CRASH headphones - http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=pe_36900_112015270_dotd_h_t

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #20,323 of 48,562

Yeah I sent an email also, will let you know what happens. I purchased them 2 days ago and received them today (first impressions are pretty good!). Gonna suck if I can't get a refund considering how recently I purchased them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back