Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #13,640 of 48,583
Hmmm... Good, then. Is the sound quality significantly better compared to a PC's standard audio built-in sound card? I do have a spare PCI.
EDIT: My PC doesn't even have any optical ports; I just realized that. My older PC did, but this one apparently doesn't. Oh well, I guess I'll get the Xonar DG or something along its lines, and then upgrade from there.
I apologize for any weird formatting the forum does, as about half of my posts (a specific post: the one about what open slots I have) are made on my phone. Sorry.

No problem, not really your fault. The system reads a bunch of dashes as a shortcut to draw a dividing line, which can be nice separating topics.

Hope you like your sound card.

May 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #13,642 of 48,583
It looks like I'm going to be ordering the Annie headband, soon. I can't stand these bumps any longer...
mad.gif

Edit: I can't wait to see how it will look on my black Q701.

May 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #13,643 of 48,583
I had very similar initial impressions. For 9.99, they were an absolute steal. The clips are a little loose for my tastes and bending the arms didn't seem to help too much so I might consider the parts express mod - or whatever the other headband that allows you to snap the drivers on.

If you remove the drivers then bend, there should be no way they would stay loose. Unless you have baby ears. The metal clips can bend as much as you want.

May 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #13,644 of 48,583
It looks like I'm going to be ordering the Annie headband, soon. I can't stand these bumps any longer... :mad:

Edit: I can't wait to see how it will look on my black Q701.

Good luck removing the headband without breaking something. :blink:

Also, it would've been much cheaper getting the K601 headband which is also flat. :wink:

May 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #13,646 of 48,583
Man, I'd stretch the 280s over a stack of books for like a week... that clamp... nightmares...

May 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #13,647 of 48,583
Quote:
Man, I'd stretch the 280s over a stack of books for like a week... that clamp... nightmares...

I've DONE that! the clamp fixes itself after whatever time you left it unclamped. 1 day on book stack? 1 day unclamped. 1 week on books? 1 week unclamped. Then again, they don't have that amazing isolation without the clamp, so I'm completely okay with it. But when I have a headache and I don't even need isolation because its night time... ugh... I shall go on though, because I need me my music!

May 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #13,649 of 48,583
Quote:
The things you guys do for sound...

What else would we do with our lives? Hang out with friends? Don't be silly.

Also, if this is how it feels to wear 280s by everyone else, I can see why they are hated so much. Ow.

I have some new headphones coming in the mail, though, but sadly they don't really isolate too much, and they definitely do not work for mixing/mastering(which the 280s aren't exceptional at, either, but better).

May 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #13,650 of 48,583
Get the Mad Dogs (new ones). They seal amazingly well, are extremely comfy, and sound amazing. I'll be uodating my review of them to account for the differences.

Basically looking at an 8.75 fun, 7.25 competitive.

Looks like the last MD just didnt fit me right. That and it wasn't nearly as engaging as this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back