Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #9,091 of 48,566
P90 >>>>>> MP5. The P90 is the ultimate cheese weapon. Put double tap on, and just spray. Don't even have to toggle the aim or pray. It will kill faster than shotguns. Just aim in their general direction, and the P90's bullet speed+double tap would mow anything down. Bandolier is an absolute must. The Uzi is about as fast, but has HORRIBLE recoil.

And I agree, the G3 iron sights were atrocious. The RPD had the best irons, though I do like a silenced Skorpion as it just has a tiny nub and nothing else to obscure your vision. It also helps that the Skorpion has zero vertical recoil. It was all slightly horizontal, which was beneficial, as if you didn't get a 100% bead on the enemy, the horizontal recoil helped hit them anyways. It was basically a laser beam in CoD4. People would be in awe when I'd kill them with it from the other side of the map. The Skorpion was severely underrated. I mean, by all accounts, it's a terrible weapon. 20 rounds, weak as hell, and can't clear a room AT ALL, but if you use it in the right conditions (mainly FFA and anti-sniping... not rushing with it), it's accuracy and speed make it amazing. I think I had about 40,000 kills on the 360, and about 30,000 of those were Skorpion kills. I love that gun.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #9,092 of 48,566
I use nothing but the pump shottys in all the cods. Maxed out the remmington (prestige and camo) within a couple days. I'm working on the KSG but damn is that gun hard to use.

I do use the other guns too when I have to stop dicking around though. So far I love the new scorpion and the 2nd lmg in blops2.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #9,093 of 48,566
Pump shottys are also one of my kryptonites. I never do well with them. Semi-autos or bust. I was lethal with the M1014 in CoD4, and the Spas-12 in BLOPS, but I admit to not being much of a shotgun person. Besides, the P90 with double tap (or rapid fire in MW2) was basically a never ending shotgun, heh.

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #9,094 of 48,566
I am playing around with the Philips Fidelio X1 since a few days and I am pleasantly surprised

- it's very very comfortable, it's number 2 for me behind HD 800 - I can't say though that the HD 800 is really better in that regard - I can wear the X1 for hours and hours and not want to take them off
- the material is of high quality, the whole build is well designed and crafted - kudos to Philips

- soundstage isn't HD 800 (I don't think headphones need to be as in this case it's awesome for gaming) like but it's pretty good nonetheless and especially important: it's spacious with great positioning - rear channels are on spot.
- no zingy or harsh treble, it's pretty smooth, it's actually astonishingly good
-mids are clear and beautiful, it's no LCD-2 or HD800 but those comparisons are unfair of course. They are better than T90/DT990/DT880/Ultrasones below Signature Pro, HE-400 as well.
-bass is prominent and very fun

I think this X1 is the new "bang for the buck" king

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #9,095 of 48,566
Quote:
I am playing around with the Philips Fidelio X1 since a few days and I am pleasantly surprised
- it's very very comfortable, it's number 2 for me behind HD 800 - I can't say though that the HD 800 is really better in that regard - I can wear the X1 for hours and hours and not want to take them off
- the material is of high quality, the whole build is well designed and crafted - kudos to Philips
- soundstage isn't HD 800 (I don't think headphones need to be as in this case it's awesome for gaming) like but it's pretty good nonetheless and especially important: it's spacious with great positioning - rear channels are on spot.
- no zingy or harsh treble, it's pretty smooth, it's actually astonishingly good
-mids are clear and beautiful, it's no LCD-2 or HD800 but those comparisons are unfair of course. They are better than T90/DT990/DT880/Ultrasones below Signature Pro, HE-400 as well.
-bass is prominent and very fun
I think this X1 is the new "bang for the buck" king

Man, I'd love to try them...It's around 200 euros where I live. I'd have to sell my 990 though and that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I wonder if they'd sound good with just the mixamp/dss alone.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #9,096 of 48,566
Quote:
How the hell could you use the G3's iron sights.  My go-to silencer weapons in cod4 were m4 and p90.  Even tho mp5 is a better p90, for some reason p90 worked better in the constant laggy situations.

they were worth putting up with.  the thing was a silenced sniper rifle, but much more agile and lethal.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #9,097 of 48,566
Quote:
Man, I'd love to try them...It's around 200 euros where I live. I'd have to sell my 990 though and that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I wonder if they'd soon good with just the mixamp/dss alone.

Yah they are in HE400 territory or higher for me up here in Canada. Just don't know if it would be worth it but I would love to hear them.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #9,100 of 48,566
I don't know why you like double tap so much.  
biggrin.gif
  There's like no reason to use any other perk2 in the game in place of Stopping power.  Without stopping power, M16 takes 3 bullets to kill instead of 2, and double tap just makes it run through ammo faster.  Frankly I don't even remember if it worked with double tap or not, it's been too long.  I do know about the only legitimate gun for double tap was the M60, because it killed in two bullets with or without stopping power.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #9,101 of 48,566
P90 >>>>>> MP5. The P90 is the ultimate cheese weapon. Put double tap on, and just spray. Don't even have to toggle the aim or pray. It will kill faster than shotguns. Just aim in their general direction, and the P90's bullet speed+double tap would mow anything down. Bandolier is an absolute must. The Uzi is about as fast, but has HORRIBLE recoil.
And I agree, the G3 iron sights were atrocious. The RPD had the best irons, though I do like a silenced Skorpion as it just has a tiny nub and nothing else to obscure your vision. It also helps that the Skorpion has zero vertical recoil. It was all slightly horizontal, which was beneficial, as if you didn't get a 100% bead on the enemy, the horizontal recoil helped hit them anyways. It was basically a laser beam in CoD4. People would be in awe when I'd kill them with it from the other side of the map. The Skorpion was severely underrated. I mean, by all accounts, it's a terrible weapon. 20 rounds, weak as hell, and can't clear a room AT ALL, but if you use it in the right conditions (mainly FFA and anti-sniping... not rushing with it), it's accuracy and speed make it amazing. I think I had about 40,000 kills on the 360, and about 30,000 of those were Skorpion kills. I love that gun.

I agree with all of this, except that I thought the G3 had perfect iron sights.

Anyway- I used to play a lot of cage matches, and would usually only play Killhouse and Shipment. On Killhouse I used to make people rage quit by using a Scorpion with an AC0G sight. I would stay up on my spawn-side's little building and manage to pick people off with that thing. It was ridiculously good. I'd even use juggernaut, as the scorpion doesn't need stopping power at all.

Unfortunately, it started getting harder and harder to get a good game in, as people started doing all of these super cheese strategies. Ex: Use triple frag. Throw 2, and kill yourself with the 3rd. Infinite chances to kill the enemy, and no penalty for killing yourself.

@TMRaven: Pretty much, which is why CoD4 was the best CoD ever. It's been downhill ever since they took out stopping power. Now you can have everything you ever wanted (ghost, lightweight, etc.) and not lose anything important. CoD4? Choose one. UAV Jammer OR Stopping Power.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #9,102 of 48,566
Quote:
I don't know why you like double tap so much.  
biggrin.gif
  There's like no reason to use any other perk2 in the game in place of Stopping power.  Without stopping power, M16 takes 3 bullets to kill instead of 2, and double tap just makes it run through ammo faster.  Frankly I don't even remember if it worked with double tap or not, it's been too long.  I do know about the only legitimate gun for double tap was the M60, because it killed in two bullets with or without stopping power.

i used double tap on just about everything (coincidentally, not the M16).  the M4 was vicious with double tap.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #9,103 of 48,566
Umm, P90 much? The P90 with double tap sprayed bullets at a ridiculous rate, where there was no need to snap to a target. Just aim at their general direction without zooming, and they would go down. It was not as effective with stopping power. Trust me. Double Tap is better suited for fast rate of fire weapons, as it's more about quantity, not power per bullet.

Double Tap is worthwhile o the M16 because the burst come out much faster, and the break between the bursts is shortened. The M16's drawback was killing enemies running horizontally. Double tap remedies this. Also for stationary or enemies that run towards or away from you, one burst would still kill them. Stopping Power is very much a crutch (even for me), where it was useful for Snipers to guarantee a one hit kill, or something weak like the Skorpion which runs out of a clip in a hurry and that one extra bullet needed without Stopping Power is incredibly important, as you might reload in the middle of a 1v1 firefight.

SP is not always necessary. Use the M1014 with Sleight Of Hand for a few days. You'll see how Sttoping Power isn't necessary., and the ridiculous reload rate makes that shotty just dangerous.

I preferred SoH on the M60.
As for double tap burning through ammo, that's what Bandolier is for.

So many weapons shared ammo with the M16, M4, so you'd never really run out of ammo in the game, assuming you are using one of these guns and running over dead bodies.

I liked to experiment, and not rely on Stopping Power or UAV Jammer for everything. That's why Double Tap and Sleight of Hand proved their usefulness to me.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #9,104 of 48,566
I agree about the P90 crown as ultimate cheese weapon, or "tryhard" gun. I personally hate the iron sights on it though, imprecise. I prefer the MP5 because it has a tighter grouping and more damage at range, and usually the firing speed doesn't get me killed while also sparing me from as frequent reloading. It also has finer iron sights that are easier to "feel" the center and place a headshot. Basically the same iron sight as the G3, so a silencer works devastatingly well on both for me. I HATE using iron sights on the US guns, though particularly on the M14 (which I use to piss around with). The thick ring and all that W junk make it difficult to readjust aim if you are ever hard scoping. I also liked the Skorpion iron sight, strangely it works very well for being a tiny blip, but a silencer on that gun makes the iron sight a lot harder for me to use. I get used to it, but still. MP44 irons work unusually well for me *shrug.* RPD sight is indeed awesome. I can't use UZI irons or even RDS because of the recoil, I do better barrel-stuffing enemies and relying on hip-fire techniques. Deagles' iron sights blow...

I enjoy the fact that the handguns are viable backups in this game. It's funny when you out-snipe a distant foe with an M9 - Pieooow! Also nice to have 30 extra rounds in an M9/MP5 class, it's like a free bandolier.

In general, I have a hard time using an ACOG; I aim at the tip of the chevron, but I can't seem to count on the bullet going there. Sometimes I put them on SMGs as a joke though, and it actually seems to make guns do slightly more damage.
I found the bomb squad perk to be mostly useless.

Oh yes, CoD4 hacking was so bad for a while, you couldn't find a lobby that wasn't modded for griefing or free of aimbots, recoilbots, or wall hacks. For some reason, the game is starting to see a renaissance though... New players are joining, hackers are less predominant, and for some reason my buddy's router gets him picked as host most of the time so the mod menus don't work. I'm so glad... The game was getting unplayable for a long time leading up to MW3's release. If that game is what has started bringing people back to playing the first MW... then MW3 did something right :D

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #9,105 of 48,566
Lol, your problem is that you're using the sights on the P90 AT ALL. You're doing it wrong. Just aim without aiming down the sights. Close to medium range enemies WILL die, assuming you have DT. Pair it up with a silencer for some serious sneaky destruction.

And yes, M9 pistol is a monster in this game. No other FPS has pistols this good for me. Well, dual/Akimbo USP.45s on MW2 with last stand... just run around with these, and your Last Stand challenges will go by in a hurry.

Here's me shooting off the M9 and G3... with a standard Xbox controller. This is why people thought I was using a modded controller.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZvPVlDt44[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back