Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 4, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #44,251 of 48,562
To the people with a Mobius headset: What is your thoughts, that it can't do bluetooth/wireless and microphone at the same time?
I know wireless isn't the best of the best for gaming, but it's really convenient.
I tried them and when I realized I couldn't use the mic while on bluetooth I returned them. It pretty much defeat a wireless gaming headset, no?

Have anyone tried the new Creative SXFI Theater headset, they're equipped with 2.4 GHz wifi signal for minimal latency, USB-C and up to 30 hours of usage.
Any thoughts on this one?
Why would you wanna use the Mobius wirelessly with a mic? The Mobius doesn't have low latency. The Bluetooth wasn't made for gaming. The wireless option was mainly made as a bonus feature, not the main intention. USB mode is the Mobius main method of sounds reproduction.

You don't wanna use any headphone wirelessly for gaming unless the bluetooth has Apt-X low latency or something similar.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #44,252 of 48,562
Yeah that was what I found out.
Wanted a wireless headset, gaming compatible, just to try it out, and was a little depressed the Mobius didn't achieve that, even though the sound is INSANE.
I'm still thinking of buying it and use it with cable, just because the sound and bass was so nice.

But the only real wireless headsets i've found is the steelseries arctis 7 pro wireless and creative SXFI Theater, that seems to be decent.
Got the steelseries through my work, and it's an okay headset, but miss some quality in the sound though.

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #44,253 of 48,562
So I have read loads of posts and reviews, I need to find the best headphone for competitive FPS.
I have at the moment sennheiser gsp 500 + JDS EL AMP + JDS EL DAC.
I'm not happy about it, yeah I can pinpoint the enemies and the shooting but I believe I can improve if I switch to a more focused gaming headphone. There are times where my duo partner can hear crap that I miss or I don't hear that well.

My research have narrowed down to: AD700x - ADG1x - K701/2 - DT1990pro - HD660s (not so sure of this one), I have not listed the DT990 because for what I have read it's not 100% focused on competitive fps but it can be a nice headphone even for single player... but I'm not interested in that.
Price is not a problem but still I don't like to throw money away, I'll list the money I'll have to spend for each headphone based on my country etc.

AD700x: new 190 Eur - used 163 eur
ADG1x: new 299 eur - used 136 eur
K701: new 131 eur
K702; new 149 eur
DT1990pro: new 439 eur
HD660s: new 429 eur

So with the DAC and AMP I have and based on the use I make of the headphone: ONLY COMPETITIVE FPS, I don't care about anything else, I have different headphone that I use for music or movies, what in your experience is the best? and why?

I was thinking of buying ad700x or the K702. The latter is less expensive and for what I have read is super good, but has few differences from the ad700x, another hassle is the modmic, In my country it's quite expensive and so the ADG1x become really interesting at the used price I have found them on Amazon... at the same time I'm not interested in buying a pair of headphone that will make almost no difference from the gsp 500.
I'm a bit lost, I tried to search for comparison between all these Headphone and I can't really find a clear answer. Hope some of you can shed some light on my doubts.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #44,254 of 48,562
So I have read loads of posts and reviews, I need to find the best headphone for competitive FPS.
I have at the moment sennheiser gsp 500 + JDS EL AMP + JDS EL DAC.
I'm not happy about it, yeah I can pinpoint the enemies and the shooting but I believe I can improve if I switch to a more focused gaming headphone. There are times where my duo partner can hear crap that I miss or I don't hear that well.

My research have narrowed down to: AD700x - ADG1x - K701/2 - DT1990pro - HD660s (not so sure of this one), I have not listed the DT990 because for what I have read it's not 100% focused on competitive fps but it can be a nice headphone even for single player... but I'm not interested in that.
Price is not a problem but still I don't like to throw money away, I'll list the money I'll have to spend for each headphone based on my country etc.

AD700x: new 190 Eur - used 163 eur
ADG1x: new 299 eur - used 136 eur
K701: new 131 eur
K702; new 149 eur
DT1990pro: new 439 eur
HD660s: new 429 eur

So with the DAC and AMP I have and based on the use I make of the headphone: ONLY COMPETITIVE FPS, I don't care about anything else, I have different headphone that I use for music or movies, what in your experience is the best? and why?

I was thinking of buying ad700x or the K702. The latter is less expensive and for what I have read is super good, but has few differences from the ad700x, another hassle is the modmic, In my country it's quite expensive and so the ADG1x become really interesting at the used price I have found them on Amazon... at the same time I'm not interested in buying a pair of headphone that will make almost no difference from the gsp 500.
I'm a bit lost, I tried to search for comparison between all these Headphone and I can't really find a clear answer. Hope some of you can shed some light on my doubts.
Thank you :)
1) The DT-1990 Pro are just good all-rounder, not just gaming. I have that + Modmic myself.
2) Have you also looked at the MMX-300?

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #44,256 of 48,562
1) The DT-1990 Pro are just good all-rounder, not just gaming. I have that + Modmic myself.
2) Have you also looked at the MMX-300?

Ok so I'm scratching the DT-1990, I don't care about all-rounder, I want the best for FPS competitive gaming, headset doesn't have to be fun/engaging etc. they must deliver the best position accuracy audio that's the only thing I care.
I'm not interested in closed type of headset so nope MMX-300 is not an headset I would buy.

Apr 6, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #44,257 of 48,562
Then just get an AD700x or whatever they're up to now, or the K701/2. You're not all the sudden going to get a serious improvement over those for details in gaming and positional accuracy. You don't even need to sacrifice so much just to get that teeny bit more that those two provide either. I'd be just as likely to recommend a K601 over those. Another reason why I got rid of scores. I should've got rid of ALL the scores.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #44,258 of 48,562
Agree. Just get the AD700x and focus on the gaming.

Apr 6, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #44,259 of 48,562
what about the ADG1x ? they have an awesome mic and so it would save me the hassle and cost of a modmic. anyone has direct experience comparing this headset to AD700x or AKG701/702? Can't really find any review that compare these headset.

Then just get an AD700x or whatever they're up to now, or the K701/2. You're not all the sudden going to get a serious improvement over those for details in gaming and positional accuracy. You don't even need to sacrifice so much just to get that teeny bit more that those two provide either. I'd be just as likely to recommend a K601 over those. Another reason why I got rid of scores. I should've got rid of ALL the scores.

K601 are discontinued, so hard to get a hold of it. I had the K712pro in the past, beautiful headset but I wasn't impressed with it on the gaming part, I was getting beaten by hyperx cloud II on hearing steps a lot of time.
I have another pair of headset for playing single player games or when I want to be engaged in listening not in a competitive manner.

So AD700x or K701/2 or ADG1x? I would sacrifice a little bit only if I could find an headset with a mic on it so I can avoid the modmic, but only if the sacrifice is just a little bit.

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #44,260 of 48,562
The K712 and K701/2 sound quite different mainly due to the bass being more upfront. They're two sides of ther samne coin, but one focuses on warmth and being more casual friendly, while the other is a surgical tool of precision. I'd definitely check into the K701/2, even if you experienced the K712.

And sorry, I meant the K612, which is essentially the K601. It's very focused on neutrality and details.

Apr 6, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #44,261 of 48,562
The K712 and K701/2 sound quite different mainly due to the bass being more upfront. They're two sides of ther samne coin, but one focuses on warmth and being more casual friendly, while the other is a surgical tool of precision. I'd definitely check into the K701/2, even if you experienced the K712.

And sorry, I meant the K612, which is essentially the K601. It's very focused on neutrality and details.

if you had to choose between the k612/K701/K702 what would you choose? I never heard any of those three and the review online are contradicting, some says the K701 sound better (gaming wise) then the 702, some other says they are more or less the same and the K702 are more comfortable... Pricewise K612 115 euro and the K701-702 20-30 euro more. So madlust you have no love for the AD700x or the ADG1x?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #44,262 of 48,562
@Obeimi Josh Velour did a video about ultimate gaming headphones, with the HD-800S being #1, DT-1990 a close #2. And for fun, I'd throw the Audeze LCD-GX into the mix, since details is a known hallmark of planar magnetics.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #44,263 of 48,562
@Obeimi Josh Velour did a video about ultimate gaming headphones, with the HD-800S being #1, DT-1990 a close #2. And for fun, I'd throw the Audeze LCD-GX into the mix, since details is a known hallmark of planar magnetics.
Can't find the video, looking on his channel, I don't see anything about ultimate gaming headphones comparison, was the video related to gaming in general or fps competitive? Because for gaming in general many headphone can be good but not that great in a specific enviroment like fps competitive.

Apr 6, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #44,265 of 48,562
Can't find the video, looking on his channel, I don't see anything about ultimate gaming headphones comparison, was the video related to gaming in general or fps competitive? Because for gaming in general many headphone can be good but not that great in a specific enviroment like fps competitive.
Watch his HD800 review and his DT-1990 review. He touches it on both. He touches on it a bit on the HD800S one too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back