Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 28, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #43,561 of 48,562
Its great if you like to deal with corner campers everywhere and maps so big and convoluted with a bunch of hiding places for campers.

Me? I freaking hate it. I miss the classic three lane run and gun action. This is just Battlefield in a COD skin.

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #43,562 of 48,562
Its great if you like to deal with corner campers everywhere and maps so big and convoluted with a bunch of hiding places for campers.

Me? I freaking hate it. I miss the classic three lane run and gun action. This is just Battlefield in a COD skin.
It’s by far worse than Battlefield. At least in BF4 I can play aggressively and be successful at it.

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #43,563 of 48,562
Is Modern Warfare 2019 a good game? I've read from IW that it's the most tactical COD out there yet, which I do like to hear (I like smart thinking rushing games).

Any more input on the game?
I hated it at first but after about 2 days I am actually really enjoying it. That is a long time to spend getting to enjoy a game obviously so I get why it gets unfavorable reviews. It's the first COD with crossplay so I finally get to play COD on a PC with a mouse again, where the playerbase is not totally dead in three months in anything but TDM and Domination, which is fantastic.

The maps are indeed pretty complex and visibility is poor. Like any COD however once you get the maps nailed down it becomes a lot more enjoyable. The "tactical" thing is a bit of a meme about this game given the map complexity and the abundance of second floor hiding spots and sort of convoluted buildings in the maps that really add to the initial frustration. Campers abound in this game and it is extra frustrating when you are still getting used to the maps and learning the power positions. Oh and the claymores....

They are constantly adding new free maps (currently, all classic MW maps) which is good as at release there really were not enough.

The "gunsmith" gun customization is a fun new alternative to the old pick 10 system and the gunplay. I enjoy the gunplay in this one.

Audio wise, it is the first COD to use Atmos, which is cool. And footsteps at first were incredibly loud so sound-whoring was enjoyable. :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #43,565 of 48,562
Is Modern Warfare 2019 a good game? I've read from IW that it's the most tactical COD out there yet, which I do like to hear (I like smart thinking rushing games).

Any more input on the game?

This is the most noob friendly CoD ever. With skill based matchmaking and about 3KD I have zero casual and relaxing games. First CoD that I can't play against christmas noobs either. They play in their "safe place". SnD with friends is pretty much only thing that I enjoy in this game.

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #43,566 of 48,562
Make sure you have a PC nearby so you can change some settings that can only be done there. So download the G6 software, as well as update all the firmware and drivers for the G6 once you have it.
Thank you for always being cool and willing to help us less informed members out!! If you have a chance could you possibly help me out with a few settings for the G6? The instructions are a bit vague (For me at least). I'm trying to figure out when it is in direct mode. The led light goes from off, to a solid ring and sometimes it is blinking. The paper work shows a picture saying direct mode as a solid light with little lines like a sunburst. Does that mean it should just be on solid circle or should it be blinking? Sorry for such a dumb question, I just want to make sure I'm getting the direct setting correct. Also is the set up on the PS4 pro settings the same as the astro mix amp? Putting it on optical, dolby 5.1, set it to chat?

Also fyi, your pictures are no longer showing on the main guide for the g6. And again, just thank you for all your hard work with the guides. I've been burned a few times from a certain You tuber by following some of their praise of certain headphones only to find I have a much different taste in sound profiles than them. You have helped me immensely with picking out the best options that suit my needs! I love my DT770s 80 ohms and soon my G6. I really appreciate your contributions!

Also while on the subject: Thank you to PurpleAngel who seems to always answer any question I have posted here lol. You 2 have always been nothing but friendly, helpful and kind with your time. Just wanted everyone to know awesome it is to have this place to come to. Sorry this got so long. But I felt it needed to be said. I hope everyone here has a Happy, safe and a wonderful new Year!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #43,568 of 48,562
00:53 is inside and feels LIKE DEDICATED HARDPANNING STEREO GAMING. Horrible.

1:55 is outside the head at 4-5 o'clock, much better

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #43,573 of 48,562
I just wanted to ask i recently bought astro mixamp and akg 702 for my ps4 they are brilliant
but i need to buy a mic for party chat
I had a clip on mic i bought years ago what you guys here recomend to me but i recently gave away my old setup to my nepthew
So i need a new mic please could you recomend to go with my akg702 astro mixamp pro tr with ps4

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #43,574 of 48,562
Using the same settings, 2 different users hear it as in the video 00:53 vs 1:55. What could be the reason? We both enabled Binaural in-game settings, plugged in a stereo headphone, and enabled Dolby atmos in Windows. We both have same windows version and build number. Binaural does not seem to work for me (00:53) whereas it does for him (1:55). Using same game version and files off Steam.

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #43,575 of 48,562
Do you both have the same windows version? IIRC a Windows 10 Ver does make Dolby Access lose the "grip" on the attached output device.

Anyway, anyone else enjoying Gears of War 5 with Dolby Atmos? Sometimes the mixing is off in terms of volume(s) but still a great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back