Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #43,021 of 48,562
I never expect much in terms of soundstage for Audeze, considering their inherent house sound. But virtual surround usually mitigates those deficiencies enough that they don't bother me all too much. But yeah, it's definitely not one of their strong suits, so those looking for soundstaging should probably look elsewhere in general. I'm interested in how similar it can get to the Mobius, without the obvious benefits of all the options the Mobius has, but in place, has the strengths of a traditional, wired design, which will benefit from external source/amps much more.

I admit I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the Mobius style headband, mainly because the typical LCD headband design is so...perfect. Not sure how that design could be possible on a plastic frame however.

I like their decision to go with dual 3.5mm input. I have one I'm using with the Ed. XX that I like so much in case this one is junk, though I doubt it.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #43,022 of 48,562
I'll try to grab a LCD-1 and check it out too.

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #43,025 of 48,562
Thank you for confirming that (particularly the front channel out, I was wondering that when I saw the quick start guide). Seems like a really silly thing to overlook, such that it seems like an intentional omission by Creative. Puzzling.
The analogue outs are purely there for the discrete 5.1 / 7.1 hookup it would seem. One good thing is it has a Bluetooth mobile sound blaster command app so you don’t necessarily have to be connected to a PC. However, the stupid thing is that the mobile app doesn’t offer any control of the SBX processing effects, only the SXFI feature suite (and as previously discussed, just like the AMP and other SXFI products before the X3, there is practically no tweaking the way the SXFI VSS is implemented other than EQ adjustments). You have to be connected to the PC control panel to access the SBX feature suite.

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #43,026 of 48,562
Hey everybody,

I am member 216 for the crowd funded headphones Vokyl Erupts . I just received mine yesterday. I am going to be making some videos about them (I'm not an audiophile) just to show those who are waiting for theirs to come in what they look like in the wild. (I paid for mine, not sponsored and didn't get them for free). I wasn't 100% on the rules about posting links so I just wanted to check to see if it was cool if I put a link in here or not. I'm not a professional youtuber and not trying to "get views" Just wanted to share with those interested. I will post some pictures later today after work. :)

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #43,027 of 48,562
In my game weapons are sooo loud compared to footsteps. The more lacking bass, the better for headphones to minimalize the difference? Or just easier to hear and locate direction of footsteps? For these purposes k702/k701 without humps, or ad700x will be better, or something other? 330$ budget for only headphones

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #43,028 of 48,562
Hi, I am totally a noob about full sized headphones and never used one but now I need a wireless solution to use for mostly Netflix on ps4. I don't play competitive FPS games. Which wireless headphones are compatible with ps4 for max $150?

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #43,029 of 48,562
It is not looking so good for those who are waiting for the Vokyl Erupt. What a bummer.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #43,030 of 48,562
Hi, I am totally a noob about full sized headphones and never used one but now I need a wireless solution to use for mostly Netflix on ps4. I don't play competitive FPS games. Which wireless headphones are compatible with ps4 for max $150?
Does the PS4 come with Bluetooth?
Or get an adapter that takes in an optical signal and outputs Bluetooth.
PS4 > optical Bluetooth adapter > wireless headphones.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #43,031 of 48,562
Does the PS4 come with Bluetooth?
Or get an adapter that takes in an optical signal and outputs Bluetooth.
PS4 > optical Bluetooth adapter > wireless headphones.

It does come with Bluetooth, I connected a Bluetooth keybopard to it.
Not sure it works fopr audio as well but I suppose so, aren't the PS4 headphones Bluetooth as well?

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #43,035 of 48,562
I should be receiving the LCD-1 tomorrow. Between that and Modern Warfare, gonna be a good weekend....

I did lose my PortaPro wireless though. FeelsBadMan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back