Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #4,276 of 48,578
So got my replacement Vita. The black spotting is STILL an issue, though my newer Vita has significantly less of the spotting, and mostly off to the sides. I'm conviced it's just something that I'm sure everyone who knows what to look for will find on theirs. I'll keep the second one.

I'll chalk it up to OLED's not being perfectly uniform with it's blacks in a very dark room. Normally, not an issue with others, but my main time playing with the Vita WILL be in the dark... can't have it all.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #4,277 of 48,578
Quote:
The problem is: My parents, yea sigh, but they pay it for me as a gift.
So i cant buy any good amp like the one from astro ect.

But I did find a site were i could buy this one :
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro the 250 ohm

For the rest the PC 360 is availible and the AD700 and the Sennheiser 598.

But you did talk alot about the ''more geekie way'' (No i am not hating, i just dont understand what you mean)
I am not that formilliar with all the technical specs.

Here's your issue, for gaming you will want a soundcard like an Asus Xonar that does Dolby Headphone. That costs extra $$ on top of the headphones. For clarity with nice headphones you will want an amp. That also costs extra $$$. To get a headset rather than headphones, you will need to pay for an attachment microphone like an Antlion ModMic. Which again, costs $$.

It's going to be difficult to purchase the complete setup all at once with only $200. My advice would be to get a good pair of headphones and an amp for music, and later when you have more money buy a microphone and soundcard for gaming.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #4,278 of 48,578

Quote:

Here's your issue, for gaming you will want a soundcard like an Asus Xonar that does Dolby Headphone. That costs extra $$ on top of the headphones. For clarity with nice headphones you will want an amp. That also costs extra $$$. To get a headset rather than headphones, you will need to pay for an attachment microphone like an Antlion ModMic. Which again, costs $$.

It's going to be difficult to purchase the complete setup all at once with only $200. My advice would be to get a good pair of headphones and an amp for music, and later when you have more money buy a microphone and soundcard for gaming.

By the way, i think you mis read it: its 200 euros not dollars. But i digged more into it and i found several things out:

In the Netherlands i found a ( what i think a decent amp)
  -Zalman ZM-RSA Headphone Amplifier Extern which is 40 euros
   -ASUS Xonar DG which is 20 euro's

I can reach over the max of 200 euros but not that much.
So there is a headset availible for  140 up to 180 euro's that is 182 up to 234 dollars.

Beyerdynamic  DT 990 Pro    /DT 770-M (both same price)
Sennheiser  HD 598
PC 360 G4ME
Or the AD700

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #4,279 of 48,578

Quote:
By the way, i think you mis read it: its 200 euros not dollars. But i digged more into it and i found several things out:

So there is a headset availible for  140 up to 180 euro's that is 182 up to 234 dollars.

Sennheiser  HD 598
PC 360 G4ME
Or the AD700

DT 770-M is for drumming so NO
Why don't you get the CAL's ?
Its pretty highly recommended for a cheap gaming can and use the remaining money on an amp 
Also the Xonar DG is an excellent choice for an entry level soundcard ( thats what the people here recommended me for a good entry level soundcard)

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #4,280 of 48,578

Quote:

DT 770-M is for drumming so NO
Why don't you get the CAL's ?
Its pretty highly recommended for a cheap gaming can and use the remaining money on an amp 
Also the Xonar DG is an excellent choice for an entry level soundcard ( thats what the people here recommended me for a good entry level soundcard)

Alright, thats usefull to know that i am right with the Xonar DG, thanks alot!

Can i ask you what CAL's are?

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #4,282 of 48,578

Quote:
Alright, thats usefull to know that i am right with the Xonar DG, thanks alot!

Can i ask you what CAL's are?

Forgot to ask what are you looking for? Do you want balanced sound, slammin bass? What do you listen to music wise? Gaming wise

This is what I would suggest as a starting point:
Get the DG and the HD598. The HD598 will run off anything. I could be wrong but the Creative's are going to be just as difficult to find in the Netherlands as they are in Canada. If you can get them it is another excellent choice. Also look at Samson SR850/Superlux668B if you can get access to them. The 668B's sound very very close to a Beyer DT990. They don't quite have the depth and control of bass as the Beyers do. Easily one of my favorite headphones. Super easy to drive.
Yes the Beyers do improve with an amp no they don't need one if you are just starting out. If you got a DG it has more then enough power to use up to 250ohm and possibly 600ohm.(Might be iffy.)

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #4,283 of 48,578
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330115108&sr=8-1
ir

Forgot to ask what are you looking for? Do you want balanced sound, slammin bass? What do you listen to music wise? Gaming wise

This is what I would suggest as a starting point:

Get the DG and the HD598. The HD598 will run off anything. I could be wrong but the Creative's are going to be just as difficult to find in the Netherlands as they are in Canada. If you can get them it is another excellent choice. Also look at Samson SR850/Superlux668B if you can get access to them. The 668B's sound very very close to a Beyer DT990. They don't quite have the depth and control of bass as the Beyers do. Easily one of my favorite headphones. Super easy to drive.
Yes the Beyers do improve with an amp no they don't need one if you are just starting out. If you got a DG it has more then enough power to use up to 250ohm and possibly 600ohm.(Might be iffy.)

Guess what! I found the Turtle Beach DSS amp on a good Dutch site!
That made me think about myself, i think imma raise the budget!

I want in a headset:
1- soundwhoring in games, that i can hear the enemy so well ect.
2- Music, I listen to music verry often so thats also really important.

And yes i read reviews about CAL but they dont appeal to me. (Dont know why)

I was thinking about this set up:
Xonar DG. 30 euros
TB DSS amp 75 eu.
PC350/ HD595 / AD700.

But the two headsets you linked are accesable in the Netherlands atleast the superdeluxe, but its only 30 euro's. How can that be better than a PC360 ect. ?

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #4,285 of 48,578
@psykoze
Is gaming your first priority? Do you want to use your setup for competitive gaming?

I am kinda thinking Astro Mixamp Pro for my Beyer DT 990 pro right now - for gaming, movies, little bit of music.

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #4,286 of 48,578
I can't really say, I do play alot of games esspecially FPS.

But music is also verry important to me.

So i really want both at the best way possible.

Unfortunatly i cant buy the astro amp, its not availlible in the Netherlands. =(

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #4,287 of 48,578

Quote:
Guess what! I found the Turtle Beach DSS amp on a good Dutch site!
That made me think about myself, i think imma raise the budget!
I want in a headset:
1- soundwhoring in games, that i can hear the enemy so well ect.
2- Music, I listen to music verry often so thats also really important.
And yes i read reviews about CAL but they dont appeal to me. (Dont know why)
I was thinking about this set up:
Xonar DG. 30 euros
TB DSS amp 75 eu.
PC350/ HD595 / AD700.
But the two headsets you linked are accesable in the Netherlands atleast the superdeluxe, but its only 30 euro's. How can that be better than a PC360 ect. ?

Soundwhoring on console or pc? Or both?

I would still say Sens. You really don't want the AD700 for general music.
PC350 take to much modding to make them sound good.
So HD595, HD558, HD598 I would research those.

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #4,288 of 48,578

Quote:
I can't really say, I do play alot of games esspecially FPS.
But music is also verry important to me.
So i really want both at the best way possible.
Unfortunatly i cant buy the astro amp, its not availlible in the Netherlands. =(

what type of music? You might not like the sound signature of the senns for music.

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,289 of 48,578

Quote:
I'm also looking for a new headset but there are a few problems for me:
1st i dont have any kind of amp, when looking on internet its hard to buy in the Netherlands.
2nd i dont got a big budget 200 euro max, that is like 250dollars if i am correct.
3rd. I like gaming , so most ofd you would say AD700 right? But the problem is that I hear alot of reviews that the music from it sucks.
I would be verry pleased if people could advise me good headsets, i have been looking for 8 up to 10 hours.
And the only thing I become whiser of is that I do want to soundwhore in games, but also want to enjoy music like a baws!

The ATH-AD700 has some good point, great for easy listening
or watching TV or a movie where the only important thing is hearing the vocals.
It just it's light bass, there is so much stuff that sound better when you have full bass.
Anyway something like the Samson SR850 is a good low cost all around semi-open headphone for someone without an amp.

Feb 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #4,290 of 48,578

Quote:
Sennheiser  HD 598
PC 360 G4ME
Or the AD700

How about getting the Senn HD-558 and buy a separate mic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back