Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 29, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #41,896 of 48,564
Thanks. So it's work on ps4 , graeat.

Last question. Now I have got tritton 720. Connected to ps4 by optical. And I connect my good headphones to tritton 720( basic headphones not good). So I using virtual sound (Dolby headphones). But now I thinking of getting creative G6.

So, does it will give me really better virtual quality? Or it's just a same? Tritton I bought by 40$, and creative cost 150$. Does creative give me really boost in virtual sound or not?
Tritton amp my headphones (meze 99 classics) good, so more power amp I don't need. Little noise of tritton is annoying but I think it's no cost so much.

So, does creative g6 will be a huge upgrade or it's just a almost same as tritton?
Please help

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #41,897 of 48,564
Noob question! Ive back to gaming with my Audio Technica AD700x w/ ModMic 4 on the Xbox One X. I play a lot of Battlefield V w/ the in game 3D audio option. Can I get some amp suggestions that would work with Dolby Atmos Headphones and general 3D audio? For a long time Ive was using my 5.1 surround set up but I fell in love with my 700x again. :smile_phones:

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #41,898 of 48,564
Thanks. So it's work on ps4 , great.
Last question. Now I have got tritton 720. Connected to ps4 by optical. And I connect my good headphones to tritton 720( basic headphones not good). So I using virtual sound (Dolby headphones). But now I thinking of getting creative G6.
So, does it will give me really better virtual quality? Or it's just a same? Tritton I bought by 40$, and creative cost 150$. Does creative give me really boost in virtual sound or not?
Tritton amp my headphones (meze 99 classics) good, so more power amp I don't need. Little noise of tritton is annoying but I think it's no cost so much.
So, does creative g6 will be a huge upgrade or it's just a almost same as tritton? Please help
I would expect the Creative G6 to offer better audio quality.
And I believe Creative surround sound is usually preferred, over Dolby Headphone, for FPS gaming, but I'm not into FPS gaming, so just I'm basing this what others has said.

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #41,899 of 48,564
Jan 29, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #41,901 of 48,564
Thank you, that looks great! Can I use that DAC with a Y splitter and still use my Modmic on the Xbox?
Not sure on the mic, might need a USB (ADC) adapter, a USB thing with a line-input (mic) jack.

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #41,902 of 48,564
I would expect the Creative G6 to offer better audio quality.
And I believe Creative surround sound is usually preferred, over Dolby Headphone, for FPS gaming, but I'm not into FPS gaming, so just I'm basing this what others has said.
Thanks.

Better - yes.but does it cost extra 120$ for me?
I will only use it with ps4 for games and film on my stereo speakers.

My headphones 32om, so I don't need so much power from AMP to drive them. My main reason is upgrading virtual surround sound in games and movies. Does it will give me a huge upgrade in thos? Or its just a little upgrade in it?
Or maybe it give me virtual surround sound almost as my tritton 720?
Pls , maybe someone have got tritton 720 and creative g6 ?

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #41,903 of 48,564
well, I guess everybody kinda expected it but

DTS will release their own app under Windows 10 and Xbox and it'll be selectable just like Atmos and Windows Sonic and of course also support the latest DTS Headphone X . App is called DTS:X Ultra

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/dts-x-ultra/9n0h1m8j1308?activetab=pivot:xf_eek:verviewtab#

Also: Dolby Atmos for headphones will get improvements and more customization. Will get upmixing support as well.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/...tting-dtsx-improvements-for-dolby-atmos-soon/

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #41,904 of 48,564
Thanks.

Better - yes.but does it cost extra 120$ for me?
I will only use it with ps4 for games and film on my stereo speakers.

My headphones 32om, so I don't need so much power from AMP to drive them. My main reason is upgrading virtual surround sound in games and movies. Does it will give me a huge upgrade in thos? Or its just a little upgrade in it?
Or maybe it give me virtual surround sound almost as my tritton 720?
Pls , maybe someone have got tritton 720 and creative g6 ?

I would consider it a sidegrade, since sbx and dolby headphone are like on the same level in my mind. For pc users, creative super x fi is the thing that looks more interesting now because it uses AI to help tune it for people based on their pictures and has headphone equalization profiles too.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #41,905 of 48,564
@Mad Lust Envy in your first post you said that you were blown away by the combination of the AD700 with the Mixamp. Which Mixamp model are you referring to exactly?

The reason why I'm asking that is because the Mixamp PRO TR sucks with Dolby ON regardless of the eq you use and I'm thinking of buying the Mixamp you mentioned in the first post.

Fyi I'm an ATH-AD700X user.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #41,906 of 48,564
@Mad Lust Envy in your first post you said that you were blown away by the combination of the AD700 with the Mixamp. Which Mixamp model are you referring to exactly?

The reason why I'm asking that is because the Mixamp PRO TR sucks with Dolby ON regardless of the eq you use and I'm thinking of buying the Mixamp you mentioned in the first post.

Fyi I'm an ATH-AD700X user.
The 2013 mixamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back