Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #41,566 of 48,562
That is my suggestion as well. Make sure your drivers and firmware are updated so your settings stay saved.

Set it to 7.1 speakers as well. This can be done in the setup menu in the software.

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #41,571 of 48,562
You should see if you can get your hands on the (standalone) Steelseries GameDAC. I've only had mine for two days but I've been pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

I've owned the following USB soundcards/mixamps for use with my PS4 for reference

Turtle Beach TAC
Creative Recon3D USB
Astro Mixamp 2013 and TR edition

This is the only one that has been good enough to use sensitive/multi BA IEMs with in my experience lol (the turtle beach gave me electric shocks with IEMs ...)

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #41,572 of 48,562
Does the Steeleries GameDAC (standalone) supports mic in? From the pictures it seems it only accepts a proprietary connector on the side and it states on their website that the package comes with a 3.5mm adapter, doesnt says anything about mic input.

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #41,574 of 48,562
Does the Steeleries GameDAC (standalone) supports mic in? From the pictures it seems it only accepts a proprietary connector on the side and it states on their website that the package comes with a 3.5mm adapter, doesnt says anything about mic input.
It comes with a dongle/adapter which supports mic input. You'll have to use an adapter like the Sennheiser PCV05 if you have a headset/setup has seperate outputs/inputs.

It's on sale at Steelseries for 75USD due to Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you login to an account. Which is why I have one lol.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #41,575 of 48,562
It comes with a dongle/adapter which supports mic input. You'll have to use an adapter like the Sennheiser PCV05 if you have a headset/setup has seperate outputs/inputs.

It's on sale at Steelseries for 75USD due to Black Friday/Cyber Monday if you login to an account. Which is why I have one lol.
i like mine too, compared to most if not all other gaming level dacs (gsx is the only one i dont own) i would say this is the best one.

that sale price is VERY good value!!! i got mine with the headset and it didnt have a adapter so i cant test it with other headsets which is a shame, the arctis pro is an ok gaming headset and the leather style pads were a comfort upgrade! anyone know if you can buy the adapter thing anywhere?

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #41,576 of 48,562
How good is that Gamedac with its VSS in comparison to SBX? How loud does it get with something like the PC37X?
I have updated the G6 and sometimes I have to cycle it on and off to get my VSS back. Thankfully the settings are permanent now, making me not touch the control panel (under Windows) anymore, except for OCD confirmation once I decide I turn off the PC and start the PS4.

Never appreciated the GSX's driver/softwareless features more (I don't own one). If Sennheiser decides to release a GSX device for both consoles and PC with all the usual wanted features of this thread's frequent users. Well, wouldn't that be beyond amazing?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #41,578 of 48,562
So what does the Gamedac use for its Dolby VSS DSP for Xbox One? Dolby Headphone I assume? Their webpage only mentions "headphone" DTS:X which I thought was different.
the gamedac has three modes ,

pc
(this has two soundcards in windows, one used for stereo chat and the second for 7.1/5.1/stereo. it apply s dts:x to the 7.1 sound card and leaves the chat channel untouched, you can mix the chat and game channels in this modes)

ps4
( same as pc mode, but the game channel is from the optical port, it takes Dolby 5.1 signal, it decodes this then applied the dts:x algorithm to that 5.1 stream)

the last is hi res mode,
( just a single stereo sound card in windows that supports up to 24/96khz no processing happens here, but it still has working mic)

side tone works on ALL modes and can be varied between low mid and high.

sadly i dont have the adapter cable so cant test my pc360 headset with it.

Xbox
i have one but have never hooked this up to it, it looks a total mess according to this page but hope this helps:
https://support.steelseries.com/hc/...es-the-Arctis-Pro-GameDAC-work-with-Xbox-ONE-

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #41,579 of 48,562
So what does the Gamedac use for its Dolby VSS DSP for Xbox One? Dolby Headphone I assume? Their webpage only mentions "headphone" DTS:X which I thought was different.
The VSS it uses is a newer iteration of DTS X Headphone. It's different to Dolby Headphone (however this device doesn't decode DTS signals).

It sounds dramatically better than the iteration used in the Turtle Beach TAC if anyone here has tried that device. The VSS on that device made games literally sound like you were in a cargo container ... with really hollow audio (with VSS on).

i like mine too, compared to most if not all other gaming level dacs (gsx is the only one i dont own) i would say this is the best one.

that sale price is VERY good value!!! i got mine with the headset and it didnt have a adapter so i cant test it with other headsets which is a shame, the arctis pro is an ok gaming headset and the leather style pads were a comfort upgrade! anyone know if you can buy the adapter thing anywhere?

It's not listed on their site. But you could try and ask support if they could provide one?
There is a Japanese blogger/reviewer who managed to make a ghetto workaround using the mobile adapter seen here (with mic working) http://www.sassanblog.com/entry/GameDAC-1

How good is that Gamedac with its VSS in comparison to SBX? How loud does it get with something like the PC37X?
I have updated the G6 and sometimes I have to cycle it on and off to get my VSS back. Thankfully the settings are permanent now, making me not touch the control panel (under Windows) anymore, except for OCD confirmation once I decide I turn off the PC and start the PS4.

Never appreciated the GSX's driver/softwareless features more (I don't own one). If Sennheiser decides to release a GSX device for both consoles and PC with all the usual wanted features of this thread's frequent users. Well, wouldn't that be beyond amazing?

I don't have a 37X but I do have the older G4ME One headset before they made the newer models with the detachable cable. It drives them okay, not to ear shattering levels however. But they have a 16-80ohm recommendation for headphones/sets on the box.

Haven't used recent SBX devices unfortunately. So I can't chime in with how the VSS compares.

EDIT: And yes I'd love for Sennheiser to make a PC/PS4 soundcard.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #41,580 of 48,562
The VSS it uses is a newer iteration of DTS X Headphone. It's different to Dolby Headphone (however this device doesn't decode DTS signals).

It's not listed on their site. But you could try and ask support if they could provide one?
There is a Japanese blogger/reviewer who managed to make a ghetto workaround using the mobile adapter seen here (with mic working) http://www.sassanblog.com/entry/GameDAC-1
LEGEND thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back