Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 25, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #41,254 of 48,562
Ok, so I noticed that if you set the G6 to two speakers, you can get the bitrate all the way to 32bit/384khz. I don't get the random popping in this mode. However if you set to 5.1 or 7.1, you can only go up to 32bit/96khz, which is where I was getting popping until I went down to 24/96.

You can only change the bitrate in the Windows sound panel, not the G6 software, though you can configure the speaker number on the G6 software, you don't need to go to configure speakers on Windows sound panel. Also if you have it set to 32bit/384, you can't change to 7.1 in Windows, BUT if you change to 7.1 on the G6 software, it will work BUT will change the bit rate to 32/96. Changing back to two speakers will still keep it at 32/96. Basically if you want the highest bitrate and sampling rate, you must either leave it in two channel and 32/384, or constantly go back to sound panel and chsnge it to 32/384 if you ever change the speakers to 7.1 for SBX gaming.

My recommendation? Just set it to 24/96 and forget about 32bit mode.

The more you know...

Oh god, why did Cross Code release a few days ago? I'm drowning in games I need to play. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #41,255 of 48,562
I purchased one of the original numberd AKG 7XX back when they had that debacle around balanced drivers, reading other people comments I decided to live with it which I regret because I have barley used them due to imbalance. So now I’m looking to upgrade and looking for any suggestions. These are primarily for PS4 gaming with the X7.

Any guidence would be great thank you.

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #41,256 of 48,562
Can ANYONE tell me the difference between the Smart Volume option and Dolby Audio option in the G6 software? Aren't they both essentially the same damn thing (dynamic range control), with Dolby Audio needing Dolby to decode but doing the same thing as Smart Volume? It's these types of redundancies that I just don't understand.

Essentially (and I'm assuming) both are there to minimize volume swings in specific frequencies. This is the type of thing I hate to write about in reviews, because I just don't quite understand.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #41,257 of 48,562
Smart Volume changes volume dynamically/live so you don't have to dial like a DJ to make it quiter or louder. I don't know who does that tbh.

Dolby dynamic range is a fixed position where a compressor reduces the overall dynamic range of the AC3 signal according to your liking. Good for those guys who fear getting deaf because the voices are so quiet and the explosions so loud.

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #41,258 of 48,562
That still sounds like foreign language to me, hahaha. The Dolby part. Ah well.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #41,259 of 48,562
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #41,260 of 48,562
Ok that first linbk helped me to understand it a bit better. So it's like a better 'smart volume'. So I wasn't wrong in that aspect, though it's much more than that. Pretty interesting technology. Not sure I'd use it, as it's another added process to the sound. My audiophile part of me is wary about doing anything other than adding virtual surround when gaming, though it may be worth using late at night when 'm watching TV shows and put less stock in final sound quality.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #41,261 of 48,562
Anyone know what the Sign In function does in the software? I know it's a stupid question to ask, but it REFUSES to let me register. It just keeps saying registration failed.

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #41,262 of 48,562
I purchased one of the original numberd AKG 7XX back when they had that debacle around balanced drivers, reading other people comments I decided to live with it which I regret because I have barley used them due to imbalance. So now I’m looking to upgrade and looking for any suggestions. These are primarily for PS4 gaming with the X7.
Any guidence would be great thank you.
Budget?
Do you want an in your face sound?
or better at surround sound?
Want a lot of bass?

If you like clarity, Beyerdynamic T90,
Here is a used pair sold by Beyerdynamic USA.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/beyerdynam...064433&hash=item1a5d3d54bf:g:yMYAAOSwEVpbjuL6

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #41,264 of 48,562
The workaround didn't work. Mine neither as connecting a headphone mutes the optical out.

MLE, please tell Creative to make the G6 save the headphone setting even when no headphone is plugged in so the relais doesn't switch back to speaker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back