Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #41,191 of 48,562
I don’t have the pc360 to compare with my 58x but i do have the 579 which I assume would be very similar.

Both have good soundstage. 579 are slightly wider but the 58x have better imaging. And having good imaging is more important than just having a wide soundstage especially if you’re trying to be competitive.

As far as sound quality, the 58X sound the best. In fact the 58X sounds very similar to the 660s which are $500.

I play mainly fps with my 58x.

Thanks, I'm assuming I'm going to need a little more power to drive those. Being able to adjust teammates chat volume is very important and is why I love my Mixamp 5.8. Would the Schiit Magni plus Mixamp work well here or would the X7 and BT-W2 work better?

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #41,192 of 48,562
I've recently been doing some testing of windows sonic for headphones and dolby atmos for headphones (with hesuvi), giving them each a couple of days. I never really fully got into windows sonic for headphone, idk if there was some bug or if I needed to give it even more time or if it just isn't that good. Atmos had distinct directions, but no real out of head effect at all. I felt it did have no perceivable amount of added reverb, so if that is your main gripe with VSS, then there is the dsp for you. It was an interesting experience. I figure I'll be yo-yoing back and forth between atmos for headphone and dolby headphone for a while due to indecisiveness.

Same here for Atmos. Audio quality was good, but sounds behind me sounded like they were right behind the back of my neck. There was one cool moment that sounded like something was actually above me but I was never able to recreate it so I passed it off as a fluke.

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #41,193 of 48,562
Thanks, I'm assuming I'm going to need a little more power to drive those. Being able to adjust teammates chat volume is very important and is why I love my Mixamp 5.8. Would the Schiit Magni plus Mixamp work well here or would the X7 and BT-W2 work better?
I would say to just daisy chain an add-on headphone amplifier (Schiit magni 3) to the headphone jack on the Mix-amp.
I would assume the Creative X7 has a lot of features you have no use for.

Sep 20, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #41,194 of 48,562
I would pair the magni up with the mixamp.

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #41,195 of 48,562
I've recently been doing some testing of windows sonic for headphones and dolby atmos for headphones (with hesuvi), giving them each a couple of days. I never really fully got into windows sonic for headphone, idk if there was some bug or if I needed to give it even more time or if it just isn't that good. Atmos had distinct directions, but no real out of head effect at all. I felt it did have no perceivable amount of added reverb, so if that is your main gripe with VSS, then there is the dsp for you. It was an interesting experience. I figure I'll be yo-yoing back and forth between atmos for headphone and dolby headphone for a while due to indecisiveness.

Dolby Home Theatre v4 in HeSuVi is my preferred choice. Audio seems full, not harsh like some and has superb virtualisation.

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #41,196 of 48,562
Hey guys and gals. Thought this might be a good place to ask. Do you think the original Phillips SHP9500s will eventually go for a higher price now that they don't make them that way anymore? Also Do you think the pink and white edition Hyper x Clouds 2 with box and all accessories will ever be considered a collector's item due to them not making that color anymore? Ive checked everywhere and haven't seen any pink and white ones for sale, not even used ones. I just wonder if I should hold onto these for a while to let them become more valuable or if I'm wasting my time holding on to them. I want to sell a bunch of older headphones to buy 1 pair of really nice ones but if they might become worth more later, I don't want to jump the gun and start selling them before there is demand. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #41,198 of 48,562
Same here for Atmos. Audio quality was good, but sounds behind me sounded like they were right behind the back of my neck. There was one cool moment that sounded like something was actually above me but I was never able to recreate it so I passed it off as a fluke.

The legit dolby atmos for headphones version supports up and down channels, so if you have a compatible application, like battlefield one set to atmos in combination with windows app, or overwatch set to dolby atmos for headphone, it should be in there. The hesuvi version is just 7.1 though, with no up and down channels, but it works with pretty much everything. I think the issue with the height channels is that you just aren't exposed to stuff above you that much in general, so it's harder to train your brain to recognize those cues well.

Dolby Home Theatre v4 in HeSuVi is my preferred choice. Audio seems full, not harsh like some and has superb virtualisation.

I tried that before too and it seemed like one of the good ones. I have very good results with dolby headphone dh1 though (everything sounds like it's coming from outside of the headphones), and that might be just due to years of using it or maybe I'm lucky or it's underrated.

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #41,200 of 48,562
I picked up the G6 this week. This will be my first Creative Device since I sold my X7 about 18 months ago.

It's a very quirky piece of kit. No matter what I do I can't get the device to accept an optical signal, neither from the PS4 or my Samsung TV. The USB input is plug and play, and works great. It seems to only be 2.0, as has been discussed.

Am I missing some configuration in the app?

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #41,201 of 48,562
I get 7.1 via USB and optical works out of the box. Unless your optical plug is defective or maybe not shoved all the way in (I've done that before with these optical/lineout connectors) you may have a defective unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back