Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #41,071 of 48,562
Mobius only accept an analog signal from consoles, but the head tracking will work. With the G6 you get VSS and head tracking, some will argue head tracking is a game changer. Im not one of them.. :)

The Mobius will still employ the head tracking with an analog input, but analog is only 2.0 unless the signal is pre-processed. The G6 seems to make the stage about 50-60% larger than the controller’s signal, in my estimation.

Well, not entirely. You can get 2.0 from either analog or USB on PS4. All the other console options are analog only.

Turning 3D On on the Mobius will enable both the Mobius' VSS (Waves NX) and head tracking; you can't have head tracking by itself. So, if you're running SBX on the G6 and then applying Mobius' 3D On, you're doubling the VSS processing. @Hansotek, is that how you're doing it, or did you turn 3D Off on the Mobius so that you're just using a stereo planar with the G6's SBX?

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #41,072 of 48,562
Wouldn't using the Mobius on top of the G6 be sort of pointless? It uses its own VSS (Waves Nx).
You would have to turn off the Mobius processing in this instance. And it doesn't work on the PS4 in any case. So he's fine.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #41,073 of 48,562
Well, not entirely. You can get 2.0 from either analog or USB on PS4. All the other console options are analog only.

Turning 3D On on the Mobius will enable both the Mobius' VSS (Waves NX) and head tracking; you can't have head tracking by itself. So, if you're running SBX on the G6 and then applying Mobius' 3D On, you're doubling the VSS processing. @Hansotek, is that how you're doing it, or did you turn 3D Off on the Mobius so that you're just using a stereo planar with the G6's SBX?

The Mobius's processing is on the whole time. When I run through the PS4 only, I'm getting 2.0 with head tracking - it seems like the sound is coming from mostly in front of me. Rear cues aren't very strong. When I ran it through the G6, it seems like they are coming from all around me. I guess I'm doubling the VSS processing? It doesn't seem incompatible in any way so far, but I only played for a couple minutes, as I said before. Sounded cool though.

Can somebody explain what the SBX button does? I'm confused.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #41,074 of 48,562
The Mix Amp TR will give you chat audio if that's what your after.

You then connect the mix amp to the Xbox via toslink and USB, and connect your modmic to the mixamp headphone jack via the y split cable that comes with the mix amp. then you use the stream out of the mix amp TR to the Audio gd 11.28, and connect your shure headphones to the headphone amp.

Thank you for the quick answer... Which cable for the aux to the audio gd? The audio gd had no aux in .. Maybe with this

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B019O...81-899ae0ce3f44&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

Do you think this can work?

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #41,075 of 48,562
The Mobius's processing is on the whole time. When I run through the PS4 only, I'm getting 2.0 with head tracking - it seems like the sound is coming from mostly in front of me. Rear cues aren't very strong. When I ran it through the G6, it seems like they are coming from all around me. I guess I'm doubling the VSS processing? It doesn't seem incompatible in any way so far, but I only played for a couple minutes, as I said before. Sounded cool though.

Sounds like you are only using the VSS of the G6. SBX is Creative's VSS.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #41,076 of 48,562

Yeah sounds like you're doubling VSS processing, but if it sounds good, nothing wrong with that! I think on early Mobius impressions, someone (@AxelCloris maybe? or @Mad Lust Envy?) mentioned using the Mobius doubled off the Mixamp and found it to still be decent too.

The manual states the SBX button lets you enable/disable a profile. I haven't used my G6 yet, but I'm guessing it's either a preset or custom profile you make in the software and then save it to the G6 to be enabled when not on PC.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #41,077 of 48,562
Does anyone know if the sound settings of a TV effect the X7? Had the X7 connected to my PS4 via optical and was using the PS4 on a monitor. Everything worked fine. Now I hooked the PS4 up to a tv (Sony x900f) and the X7 isn't giving me sound to the PS4 anymore. Dolby decoder light not turning on anymore.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #41,078 of 48,562
Sounds like you are only using the VSS of the G6. SBX is Creative's VSS.
I toggled it on and off variously and tried the scout mode. You can't turn off the processing for Mobius unless you turn 3d mode off. Believe me, it's super obvious if it's on or off.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #41,079 of 48,562
Does anyone know if the sound settings of a TV effect the X7? Had the X7 connected to my PS4 via optical and was using the PS4 on a monitor. Everything worked fine. Now I hooked the PS4 up to a tv (Sony x900f) and the X7 isn't giving me sound to the PS4 anymore. Dolby decoder light not turning on anymore.

Are you running the optical from the TV to the X7? If so you need to tell your TV to pass through dolby digital, or AC-3, via the optical out. I would assume there is a setting to toggle that somewhere on your TV. (Have to do that on my LG).

If you're running the optical from the PS4 to the X7, I don't own a PS4 so I can't tell you if there is a setting somewhere to tell your PS4 to do optical out rather than HDMI out for audio. (If you were doing it that way with your monitor before and did not change anything I don't know why it would revert back but maybe check).

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #41,080 of 48,562
Yeah sounds like you're doubling VSS processing, but if it sounds good, nothing wrong with that! I think on early Mobius impressions, someone (@AxelCloris maybe? or @Mad Lust Envy?) mentioned using the Mobius doubled off the Mixamp and found it to still be decent too.

The manual states the SBX button lets you enable/disable a profile. I haven't used my G6 yet, but I'm guessing it's either a preset or custom profile you make in the software and then save it to the G6 to be enabled when not on PC.

Yeah, so it seems that button is just a custom setting for your VSS preferences. I think it does Dolby headphone mode regardless of whether or not it's engaged. Scout mode was definitely Dolby.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #41,081 of 48,562
I definitely do NOT like having the Mobius 3D on WITH some external surround processing like SBX. On PS4 I would advise to turn OFF Mobius 3D and use the G6's SBX on. Also make sure yoyr PS4 sound settings are set to Dolby Digital through the optical out. In PC that's the best place to use the Mobius 3D button when connected by USB on its 8ch mode.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #41,082 of 48,562
Yeah, so it seems that button is just a custom setting for your VSS preferences. I think it does Dolby headphone mode regardless of whether or not it's engaged. Scout mode was definitely Dolby.

Wait... a Creative device, but implementing Dolby VSS?!? But I'm trying to move on from DH!!! Haha, sorry, just being unnecessarily melodramatic.

Seriously, though, is it really Dolby's VSS tech? Sure, it's decoding DDL, but wouldn't it's still be Creative's VSS, even if it may not be called SBX this time around?

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #41,083 of 48,562
Wait... a Creative device, but implementing Dolby VSS?!? But I'm trying to move on from DH!!! Haha, sorry, just being unnecessarily melodramatic.

Seriously, though, is it really Dolby's VSS tech? Sure, it's decoding DDL, but wouldn't it's still be Creative's VSS, even if it may not be called SBX this time around?

You lost me. I'm still learning my way around this device, so let's ease up on the trivia for now. I probably said something wrong in there somewhere. I'm sure I can rely on this thread to jump all over my nuts about it.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #41,084 of 48,562
No, the SBX button will activate the current profile stored in the memory, connect to a pc to change it. There is no Dolby headphone in either G6 or X7, it's Creatives own proprietary VSS. The level of SBX surround is set in the profile, and can be changed when hooked up to a PC.

If surround (SBX surround) is not activated you will get a stereo downmix of the DD 5.1 source.

So on consoles you will get SBX 5.1 connect to a PC (windows drivers) you can get an SBX upmix to 7.1

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #41,085 of 48,562
Are you running the optical from the TV to the X7? If so you need to tell your TV to pass through dolby digital, or AC-3, via the optical out. I would assume there is a setting to toggle that somewhere on your TV. (Have to do that on my LG).

If you're running the optical from the PS4 to the X7, I don't own a PS4 so I can't tell you if there is a setting somewhere to tell your PS4 to do optical out rather than HDMI out for audio. (If you were doing it that way with your monitor before and did not change anything I don't know why it would revert back but maybe check).

No I'm running optical to PS4. All settings are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back