Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #41,056 of 48,562
so i got my GSX1200 today (got it 1€ cheaper than the GSX1000) but i have some problems with it.
First i had it plugged in a USB 3.0 port and tried to set it up but i couldn´t change volume or any settings on the GSX1200.
So i thought to myself i will just try it with a USB 2.0 port and it worked, i could controll volume without a problem and the other settings seemed to do what they have to do.
Now for the quick setup in windows, so i go into my playback devies, choose the GSX 1200 Pro Main Audio and click configure.
Here i choose 7.1 Surround and press Test and get the Error Message "failed to play test tone".
If i just go ahead and finish the setup i have no more sound until i go back to Stereo.

TL;DR : When i try to set my GSX1200 to 7.1 Surround in Windows i get the Error "failed to play test tone"

Anyone got a fix for this?

i think i found it out, it´s a problem with my mainboards USB, no idea why but i have 1 external USB that is included in my Card Reader and there it works fine.

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #41,057 of 48,562
Hi, I need your help...

I am an Xbox one x Player, please help me to configure my setup...

Audio gd 11.28
Shure srh 1540
Antillon modmic

I think I need an astro mixamp, can anyone say me how I can paire all these things? Sorry my English is not so good...

Greetings from austria

The Mix Amp TR will give you chat audio if that's what your after.

You then connect the mix amp to the Xbox via toslink and USB, and connect your modmic to the mixamp headphone jack via the y split cable that comes with the mix amp. then you use the stream out of the mix amp TR to the Audio gd 11.28, and connect your shure headphones to the headphone amp.

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #41,058 of 48,562
Just tried combining the Creative G6 and the Audeze Mobius on the PS4. It sounded freakin awesome. Anybody else try this yet? @Mad Lust Envy ?

Unfortunately, it’s going to be a couple days before I can use this setup full-time, since both Creative and Audeze saw fit to include the shortest freakin cables possible with their wares. Otherwise I’ve gotta stand like 12” away from a 50” TV, lol! Ordered all the necessary cables on Amazon, so I should have some more impressions Sunday.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #41,059 of 48,562
Just tried combining the Creative G6 and the Audeze Mobius on the PS4. It sounded freakin awesome. Anybody else try this yet? @Mad Lust Envy ?

Unfortunately, it’s going to be a couple days before I can use this setup full-time, since both Creative and Audeze saw fit to include the shortest freakin cables possible with their wares. Otherwise I’ve gotta stand like 12” away from a 50” TV, lol! Ordered all the necessary cables on Amazon, so I should have some more impressions Sunday.

Hey man!
I was thinking about grabbing the Mobius too. It sounds like you're enjoying them.

Have you tried them for music at all? And how comfortable are they?

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #41,061 of 48,562
The Mobius can do 2.0

Will continue testing the G6 tonight. Hopefully it doesn't switch to speakers again while I am on my PS4.
I have it connected to a WYRD I had laying around, very convenient. G6 is connected both to the PC and the PS4. No need for a moic as I have no friends that game on the PS.

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #41,063 of 48,562
Okay,

Question: When i connect the GSX 1200 to an external amp with the Line-In port, i need to switch the mode on the GSX 1200 to select the correct output.
However, Line out is only 2.0 instead of the 7.1 that i usually have it on.

Does this render the whole surround system of the GSX 1200 useless?

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #41,064 of 48,562

I got my G6 yesterday and paired it with my HD 800 and I to am in love with my new setup. I immediately jumped on Amazon and bout longer cables as well since after 15 minutes I’m convinced it’s going to be my full time setup, but the cables it came with are a few feet too short.

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #41,065 of 48,562
yeah, the USB cable is a bit short. Fortunately I had some great Volutz cables lying around. I LOVE MARKETING

81vmDplgCqL._SL1500_.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #41,066 of 48,562
Okay,

Question: When i connect the GSX 1200 to an external amp with the Line-In port, i need to switch the mode on the GSX 1200 to select the correct output.
However, Line out is only 2.0 instead of the 7.1 that i usually have it on.

Does this render the whole surround system of the GSX 1200 useless?

Exactly. Line out is 2.0 only. If anything, you may amplify the headphone output.

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #41,069 of 48,562
It may amp the noise floor of the headphone out meaning you might hear a buzzing noise, and crosstalk might get affected. Other than that it wouldn't cause any damage to the unit.

Also something i noticed, Windows is still in 7.1 mode, while the GSX 1200 is connected with the line out to the amp and therefore in 2.0
Yet, when trying out testfiles for 7.1 VSS, i still do have the surround effect.

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #41,070 of 48,562
Hey man!
I was thinking about grabbing the Mobius too. It sounds like you're enjoying them.

Have you tried them for music at all? And how comfortable are they?

Heya buddy! I really like the Mobius! The DSP and headtracking stuff is really well implemented and the sound signature is awesome. With the 3D off, it is a decently good sounding headphone, but with the processing on, it is pretty incredible, IMHO.

I wish it could do Bluetooth 5.1 on consoles... I really need to build a PC rig one of these days... but the signal from the G6 seems to get the job done pretty impressively for getting 5.1 to it on the PS4. The Mobius will still employ the head tracking with an analog input, but analog is only 2.0 unless the signal is pre-processed. The G6 seems to make the stage about 50-60% larger than the controller’s signal, in my estimation.

Comfort is very good, IMO, but not elite. Certainly much better than the M4U8, but nowhere near as good as the ÆON, for example- maybe half way between. The earpads are a bit plasticky in their pleather-ness, it would be nice if they were slightly more protein-ey in feel. But I feel like I’m really nitpicking here. This headphone is a ridiculous amount of fun, and I’m glad I got one. I’ve seen some of the prices they are going for on the forum, and IMO, they are really a steal in that $300-$325 range.

I’ve liked them with music so far too. Haven’t really tested them out with too much metal yet, gotta do that. I, personally, think the DSP/headtracking sounds good with a lot of music. I don’t know how much this has to do with the physical structure of ones ear, but the DSP works great for me, so I can only describe my own experience. YMMV, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back