Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 5, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #37,352 of 48,583
  the many last postings remind me I need to play a lot of games. Been playing Dark Souls 3 and GTA:O a lot in the last many months.

still to go:

Uncharted 4
TLOU (yes, TLOU)
Dishonored 2
Ratchet and Clank
ROTR

Also, The Last Guardian and a backlog spanning over 60 games from the alst two generations combined 
tongue.gif
 Not enough time, not enough time 
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #37,355 of 48,583
  Thanks for the suggestions, really helpful. With the Xonar DX, would it be a simple case of plugging the amp into the green "Front Out" slot on the card? Also a bit confused by "Front speaker jacks" sorry, by this do you mean the headphone slot on the front of a case for example, or is this something different? :)

Front Speakers are the pair of speakers that would be in front of you.
If you had a 2.0 speaker setup, the 2.0 would be the "Front Speakers".
In a 5.1 setup you have 2 Front Speakers, a center speaker, a sub-woofer and 2 rear speakers.

On the Xonar DGX card, the green jack is the Front Speakers/Headphone jack.
The Xonar DX has the same combined Front Speaker/Headphone jack.
So the Front Speaker/Headphone jack is where you currently (DGX) and will have (DX) the O2 amp plugged into.

The audio Jack (green?) on the front of the computer case would be called the "Front panel" jack
And would function as a (2.0) Front Speaker/Headphone jack.

The audio jacks on the sound card would be face out from the back of the computer case, so would be called the back panel jacks.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #37,356 of 48,583
Well, shoot. Now you both don't have me very excited. Last FF game I played through was probably FFX. FFIX was my favorite out of all of them.

Watch Kingsglaive and the YouTube miniseries and you'll know what's going on and not feel so uninterested. It sucks having to do so, but yeah you have to watch the movie at least.

I take everything these guys say about games (and even headphones) with a grain of salt, and vice versa. Some here like they're casual games, others are more hardcore. I, personally, use games as an escape from the harsh reality of my depression. That's why I lean more towards games that provide me freedom to roam and do as I choose.

Yes, many open world games are lazily filled with unnecessary fetch quests. It doesn't take me long, however, to figure out whether to spend my time with them or not, especially not 100 hours like MLE on Inquisition haha (I finished in 40 and enjoyed it). I think Skyrim and Witcher 3 are the only open world games where I found myself doing every side quest and spent over 100 hours on. I did spend hundreds of useless hours on Destiny doing the same thing over and over, which these guys love and still play. To each their own, man. Be your own judge haha.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #37,357 of 48,583
Watch Kingsglaive and the YouTube miniseries and you'll know what's going on and not feel so uninterested. It sucks having to do so, but yeah you have to watch the movie at least.

I take everything these guys say about games (and even headphones) with a grain of salt, and vice versa. Some here like they're casual games, others are more hardcore. I, personally, use games as an escape from the harsh reality of my depression. That's why I lean more towards games that provide me freedom to roam and do as I choose.

Yes, many open world games are lazily filled with unnecessary fetch quests. It doesn't take me long, however, to figure out whether to spend my time with them or not, especially not 100 hours like MLE on Inquisition haha (I finished in 40 and enjoyed it). I think Skyrim and Witcher 3 are the only open world games where I found myself doing every side quest and spent over 100 hours on. I did spend hundreds of useless hours on Destiny doing the same thing over and over, which these guys love and still play. To each their own, man. Be your own judge haha.

I had no idea about that movie or the mini series. I'll check it out before i play. 

I agree on taking everything with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own opinion on things, and I'm no different. I'll report back once I play to tell you if I enjoyed it.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #37,358 of 48,583
I had no idea about that movie or the mini series. I'll check it out before i play. 

I agree on taking everything with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own opinion on things, and I'm no different. I'll report back once I play to tell you if I enjoyed it.

I am having a blast running around with my boy band on our chocobos in the open world. Sometimes it's the simple things that amuse me :p

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #37,360 of 48,583
  Lol. I was watching a Twitch stream for a little while over the weekend and I got a kick out of the very colorful Chocobos they were riding around.

I was singing about it for a few days haha (you'll know what I mean soon).

Here's the anime mini-series. Worst boy band ever.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #37,362 of 48,583
Haha, I suppose I will. Thanks for the link. Does it matter if I watch the mini series before Kingsglaive?

Not really, but I'd suggest watching the latter first to understand the political side of the story.

Edit: The movie is not all that, actually, but without watching it the game won't make much sense. The mini-series is great, though. Awesome way to introduce the weakest boy band ever.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #37,364 of 48,583
I watched the movie and the anime series. Still doesn't help the game be any better.

Then again, there's just people who like to put in games with non-plots and be free to do whatever. For me, I like the experience and depth of stories. To be engaged and motivated to press on. I don't have endless hours to do shallow, unnecessary missions. Oh, I don't have to do them? Well, I just lost 75% of a game to enjoy 25% of it. That doesn't seem appealing. I'm a completionist. I like to do everything games have to offer. This is why I consider open worlds flawed. It's mostly the same missions over and over, and over, and over, with little variety. A well structured, linear experience is constantly pushing you towards new eciting things.

It's those things that stick with me. Remember Nathan falling out of a cargo plane? Remember Soap running from a sinking ship, only to be saved by Cpt. Price at the last moment? Remember Kratos crawling out of the depths of Greek hell for revenge? Those are things I remember and can talk with others about. Instead of, "remember that time when I killed the a dragon in Dragon Age"? Or, remember when I got in a tank and killed civilians in GTA?" Those are things you expect and do over and over, and over again.

You won't see me play MGS5. Everyone has said how the story is the last thing to care about in that game due to how thin it is. This betrays what I LOVED about MGS 1-4. They took out all the intricacies and complexity of its story to cater to the open world crowd, and has ruined the franchise for it.

I don't mind there being open world games. I mind when it invades established series and turns them into something else. Something with far less plot, and much more of a random mish mash of quests. I don't even mind FFXV being open world. What bothers me is that they see this as a success, and will likely turn EVERY future FF into this. That's when I bow out and consider FF dead. They stop caring about plot, and just give us a bunch of open maps to do whatever. Go entertain yourself. It's lazy and uninspired.

If TLOU or Uncharted ever go open world, I'm done. It doesn't belong in narrative driven games. Final Fantasy has always been about pushing the stories and plot forward with a great inclusion of side quests as you progress. Now, it's turning into hey let's get a group of guys to do a bunch of meaningless missions with the story taking a backseat. Let's go kill all these mobs for 3 hours while the car gets fixed. This is shameful.

As for Destiny, I haven't played it in ages. And there's a difference: the gunplay is tight and rewarding.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #37,365 of 48,583
Dude you're only in Chapter 2 chill tf out lol. We get it, you hate tedious open world fillers. If you can't look past it I don't know what to tell you. I'm in Chapter 5 and the narrative is good and plenty on the main missions. Return it, move on to the next game.

It's like you're purposely trying to kill Tee's interest after he bought it. First thing you did when he mentioned it was trash the game for being open world; without playing it mind you. Now you are playing, and ready to write it off while ine the beginning of the game. Let the man be his own judge. He already owns it. Only reason I'm even responding is so he can see an optimistic point of view from some who's well into the game and enjoying it. Stop being MAD about everything that's open world, son! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back