Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 8, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #36,691 of 48,583
Don't forget that Beyer drivers and cups are intercompatible so it won't be too hard to swap the COP drivers for some better ones and keep the customizability (and mic add-on) of the stock cop. That's the route I plan to take as soon as my budget recoups from the cost of a new PC.

Sure. I did just compare the H7 vs the COP, and the only audible difference (connected to a Questyle CMA600i, super awesome amp/DAC so as to hear the full potential of both and A/B fast). Only difference is the H7 is a little less sensitive and needs turned up a few %, the cable is nicer on the H7, and the H7 costs $129 new. Oh, and the H7 can also be digitally connected to PC or PS4.
The COP comes with a mobile cable with an in-line mic, and the plus version comes with a bunch of artistic earcup plates. And costs $199 at this store I'm visiting.

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #36,692 of 48,583
I bought mine used for about 80$, I don't know if I would've bought them if they were 199$. Gonna try them with Alcantara pads as soon as they arrive.
Oh, and the H7 can also be digitally connected to PC or PS4.

As if that was ever a valid argument in this thread
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #36,693 of 48,583
I bought mine used for about 80$, I don't know if I would've bought them if they were 199$. Gonna try them with Alcantara pads as soon as they arrive.
As if that was ever a valid argument in this thread :D

Pretty great used price!
Also! Just had someone text me that the SoundBlaster G5 is on clearance at Best Buy for 50% off, so $75. Still only surround for PC, but with either stereo or PC gaming that's a pretty unbeatable amp/DAC/Processor price. Not as great a deal as the DSS2 (oh, and with a bundled headset that I gave to a friend) that was $1 after rebates, but it's the deal now and a fair upgrade!

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #36,694 of 48,583
Some guys on the G5 thread reported some serious clipping issues so I'd exercise caution on this one.
The G5 overall seems like a wasted potential to me. It could' have dethroned the Mixamp as the go-to device for console surround gaming (with the added benefit of upgradability) but failed due to lack of Dolby Digital and driver issues. A real shame.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #36,698 of 48,583
Don't forget to stream it.

I did, but it was just a feeler. I dig it, can see myself playing it for countless hours. It's like you guys combined Journey visuals with Dark Souls mechanics. Me likes.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #36,699 of 48,583
I did, but it was just a feeler. I dig it, can see myself playing it for countless hours. It's like you guys combined Journey visuals with Dark Souls mechanics. Me likes.

And Portal humor.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #36,700 of 48,583
Awesome post MLE!! Great initiative!

I was hype about buying the Fidelio X2 but after soo much reading I think I will end up buying a HE400S + the Focus pads and the Brainwavz pads to see what I like best and I'll get a FiiO E18 to pair with.

Do you guys think the HE400S with the pads are going to have enough soundstage for competitive gaming?

Also if I need I could just boost the bass on the FiiO if I feel like it.

Would be better than the X2's right?

Tough decision lol

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #36,701 of 48,583
I can't say anything about the 400S since I haven't tested them. Planars that I've used aren't the *best* in soundstage, but I've generally been happy enough with them for all uses. The exceptions are stuff like the Ether C and Alpha Dogs which had clearly amazing soundstages, IMHO.

The planar landscape has changed a bit since I was heavility into this hobby, so perhaps that's all a moot point now.

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #36,702 of 48,583
So I just sold my ATHM50Xand ordered the Grado sr80e. Do you think the SR80e will be good for gaming at all with mixamp and fio E12? I bought them for rock music but wondered if they might work well with gaming. Anyone use them? Thanks! P.s. i currently use dt990 for gaming on PS4. Single player games. Some FPS but only on campaigne mode

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #36,705 of 48,583
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/v4r/global_search?q=gsx+1200

Sennheiser GSX1200 Pro is now selling in the US for....$250!! Lol

Hmmm I so want to try it but I'll wait a bit longer...need to save me some money first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back