Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 24, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #36,046 of 48,568
As someone who owned the Turtle Beach Px21 and Steelseries Siberia V2 I'm glad my headset days are behind me.
They where uncomfortable, built poorly, and I don't even use the microphone much anyway.
Still curious if they improved over the years since it's been awhile

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #36,047 of 48,568
  Headsets have been improving steadily over the last few years and it is likely that one day the blanket statement of "gaming headsets suck" will no longer be true. I personally like to keep my knowlege up to date in this regard and am less dismissive of headsets. Basically, I'm not going to condemn a product with no knowlege of it.

Raceroom does have very good sound, however I will not support F2P projects so I'll never get to play it.

I've not played PCARS for a few months but that game never really left beta. I doubt they'll iron out all the problems before abandoning it for PCARS 2, so PCARS 2 is certainly not going to be a day one purchase for me. I have a number of complaints about PCARS that if repeated in the sequel might make me skip it altogether.

Yeah my reply to the headsets was just sarcasm lol but I do agree that "gaming" headsets have been improving as of late but that's also mainly because some of them are rebrands of a headphone and then just attaching a mic to it. Nothing wrong with that but it should be noted. However, some of those in house made headsets do seem to be improving like the Logitech G933 although it does have its flaws and its too flashy for my taste (Im 30 years old, I need to keep it classy not swag), it is still a solid headset to purchase for aroun $150.

Yeah, RaceRoom micro-transactions isn't what I like about it. Such a shame they had to go that route compared to previous games like WTCC 2007 or 2008 as well as other that felt to me, very complete.

PCARS....well it has gotten better I say but I do agree, still needs a lot of polishing up and for them to start on PCARS 2 which will probably be announced officially next year, is going to be bad for the PCARS community. It's sad that even on the forums, peoples complaints and stuff are being deleted off the forums and users are sometimes banned from the forums.

I wont be buying the next PCARS 2, nope. So much marketing went into that game that Im very sure most reviewers of the game got paid to say good things about it, with the exception of a few of course.

Long live Assetto Corsa, I can't get enough of that sim. I just hope they get their MP aspect running nicely and do some sort of cross-platform multilplayer so we can race the console peasants as well. Would make things very interesting given that some youtuber's have already tried the console version of Assetto Corsa and have said that it feels the same as on PC. Kunos is doing great work and listening to their fans and that is what people want....for the developers to listen to their players. And I believe the game will have full support until 2020, will get new DLC and upgrade in graphics and sound as time goes by.

Assetto Corsa just gives great quality for the price you pay for.

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #36,049 of 48,568
If you call us peasants one more f'n time I'm going to cyber smack you right in your mouth.

biggrin.gif

lol I was kidding about the console peasants. Im a console peasant myself as well. Got the PS4 right here lol

wait, does that make me a hybrid? PC/Console peasant? PConsole? PCP.....wait thats a drug lol

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #36,050 of 48,568
For some reason I can't edit my post and getting a server error message....anyone getting that as well?

Well before I forget, does anyone know where I can get the adapter to use my Vmoda boom pro mic with my AKG K7XX? I want to start using them more.

For some reason, as much as I like my bass, the bass in my Fidelio X2 isn't as yummy as I initially though it was. I started using my K7XX again and I like the clarity more on them while the bass is less than the X2, the soundstage and imaging is better on the K7XX, like it gives me that balance of immersion while still being a great headphone for competitive gaming. I think I made up my mind about using my K7XX as a daily on my PC and the X2 on the PS4 or for music on certain genres. For music, the K7XX doesn't give that oomph in music compared to the X2, especially in EDM or music that has a lot of bass. The K7XX however works well with Hans Zimmer's music, John Williams, etc, etc.

Its funny how I loved the X1/X2 for the longest but somehow started losing some interest in it. I think that after I use my K7XX for another year or so, I might make the jump to an HD800 or HD800S.....or I could go with something around the $500 dollar range, of which I still have no options to choose from in that price range.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #36,051 of 48,568
Zombie made my AKG adapter a long while back. Some aftermarket ones are available, forget where though. I also think PETEREK can make you one for a fair price.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #36,052 of 48,568
Zombie made my AKG adapter a long while back. Some aftermarket ones are available, forget where though. I also think PETEREK can make you one for a fair price.

Yeah I recall Zombie making them but then stopped for obvious reasons (I think his prototypes were gone missing and/or some didn't pay upfront?). PETEREK? Can not recall his name but a linky would be helpful, TIA

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #36,053 of 48,568
Yeah I recall Zombie making them but then stopped for obvious reasons (I think his prototypes were gone missing and/or some didn't pay upfront?). PETEREK? Can not recall his name but a linky would be helpful, TIA

Try Mimic Cables. They should have these adapters.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #36,054 of 48,568

PETEREK made my Boompro adapter for the 400i, plus some other mods. Linky to his appreciation thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779584/peterek-formerly-ccaspertfg-mod-cable-thread

Linky to his website

http://www.VERBESSEN.com

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #36,059 of 48,568
TRS = left channel, right channel, and ground.
TRRS = left channel, right channel, microphone, ground.

The mic is built into the BoomPro cable and there is no need for a mic channel in the headphone itself, therefore just TRS. Another way to figure it out in the future: what is the plug on the boompro that plugs into the headphone side? In this case, a male TRS. Find the mate of that (a female TRS) and you've got it.

Sorry Rudy, 19 hours of facepalm :D

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #36,060 of 48,568
TRS = left channel, right channel, and ground.
TRRS = left channel, right channel, microphone, ground.

The mic is built into the BoomPro cable and there is no need for a mic channel in the headphone itself, therefore just TRS. Another way to figure it out in the future: what is the plug on the boompro that plugs into the headphone side? In this case, a male TRS. Find the mate of that (a female TRS) and you've got it.

Sorry Rudy, 19 hours of facepalm :D

Lol thanks. I dont know why I got confused with the TRS and TRRS, something so simple haha.

But I got some nees from Beyerdynamics facebook page. New flagship headphone. I think it may be the DT1990 which will replace the DT990. I also believe there is a thread for this here on headfi.

Lets hope they fix the cons of the DT990. Maybe it will blend between DT880 and DT990?

No wonder all those sales for the DT770, DT880 and DT990 were so popular the last few months lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back