Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 3, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #33,676 of 48,568
I should have asked, myself, but I just went with what they said in their sale thread. Either way their return policy is top notch, so an exchange would be at no cost.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #33,678 of 48,568
  CES is this week! Hopefully we will get to see some new offerings from Turtle Beach (DAC?) or Astro?  Or thats more of an E3 thing? 

Probably an E3 thing. It might be better to see if Creative is coming with anything new. They're better by quite a bit.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #33,679 of 48,568
There is a mixamp 5.8 with all complete accessories (and PS chat cable!) for $80 on eBay if anyone is looking. You don't often see a complete set like that, nowadays. Thing looks to be in very good condition, too. I'd post a link but I was using the app on my tablet. Should be easy to find.

Edit: Thought I'd bring it up for anyone that may be having remorse over selling theirs (MLE?) :wink:

Edit 2: link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astro-Gaming-Wireless-5-8-MixAmp-TX-MixAmp-RX-for-Astro-A30-A40-headset-/131689722429?hash=item

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #33,680 of 48,568

That could work. Receivers often have a pretty high output impedance on the headphone jack though.

yes. From what I understand they tend to be very poor headphone outs. They simply put a couple resistors in the amp path out to the jack. Less than ideal. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #33,681 of 48,568
  Hey man, appreciate the reply and the assurances that it's OK to be confused haha. 

I would really love to be able to do that, but the D1 does not support simultaneous playback of both it's inputs. Only the optical or USB will work at one given time. I have a multi-monitor desk setup and I'm often listening to music, talking to someone on Skype, or just kind of half doing something on my computer while I'm using the PS4, so having the ability to listen to both devices simultainously without switching an input is sort of at a premium for me. 

X7 has arrived though 
biggrin.gif
 Still playing with things to get them right, but I'm liking what I see so far. 

I got ya! 
Well if you don't like the X7, then the Mix amp is definitely an alternative. It has an input in the back that I run music through plenty of time while I game. I just hope the X7 works out for you cause the Astro does the job but leaves a lot to be desired.  
When I am chatting for example I have to turn the mix to about 97% chat and 3% voice. Its ridiculous. If i go ONE mm further on the mix pot then all game audio cuts out, but even at 97% I have trouble hearing people sometimes over the game audio. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #33,682 of 48,568
Well, my Shure 1840 velour pads finally arrived and I can confirm that these are a perfect fit on the SHP9500 after ripping off the stock pads and excess material. Just slip the pads over the ring that pops off the driver (make sure to remove rubber around the ring, as well).

The plain velours keep the stock sound as is, with maybe... just maybe a little more bass and soundstage. I can assume that 1540 alcantara pads will make them warmer while taming some of the treble. My first intention was to get those, but I opted for the cheaper velours to test the fit and sound, first.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #33,683 of 48,568
Well, my Shure 1840 velour pads finally arrived and I can confirm that these are a perfect fit on the SHP9500 after ripping off the stock pads and excess material. Just slip the pads over the ring that pops off the driver (make sure to remove rubber around the ring, as well).

The plain velours keep the stock sound as is, with maybe... just maybe a little more bass and soundstage. I can assume that 1540 alcantara pads will make them warmer while taming some of the treble. My first intention was to get those, but I opted for the cheaper velours to test the fit and sound, first.

Change, are those thicker (allowing more ear depth) than the stock pads? My only minor gripe about them in stock form is there isn't quite as much room in there for my ears compared to the X1's.

Thanks

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #33,684 of 48,568
Change, are those thicker (allowing more ear depth) than the stock pads? My only minor gripe about them in stock form is there isn't quite as much room in there for my ears compared to the X1's.

Thanks

Yes, my ears no longer touch the drivers.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #33,686 of 48,568
Jan 4, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #33,687 of 48,568
I was on the fence on which to get until I slaughtered the stock and saw the oval shape of the plastic part that pops off. I was already familiar with shure pads, so I just went with what I knew. It was actually a harder decision choosing between velours and alcantaras. Really happy with my choice.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #33,688 of 48,568
So many, many months after trying to return the X2 to Philips, I was surprised to FINALLY get a return slip in my email. The faulty X2 has been sitting in my closet forever. :rolleyes:

I gotta say, really sloppy of Philips to take this long to FINALLY send me the return slip. I honestly thought they just forgot about it, and since they hadn't charged me, I didn't care.

Was gonna start the process of semi-reviewing the Creative JAM, and then I noticed Awesome Games Done Quick is on Twitch for the week. It's gonna be a good week.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #33,689 of 48,568
So many, many months after trying to return the X2 to Philips, I was surprised to FINALLY get a return slip in my email. The faulty X2 has been sitting in my closet forever. :rolleyes:

I gotta say, really sloppy of Philips to take this long to FINALLY send me the return slip. I honestly thought they just forgot about it, and since they hadn't charged me, I didn't care.

Was gonna start the process of semi-reviewing the Creative JAM, and then I noticed Awesome Games Done Quick is on Twitch for the week. It's gonna be a good week.

Very nice! Hopefully they don't be dicks and send you one of the new revisions from Amazon that have glued pads and different material on them.

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #33,690 of 48,568
Oh, no, they sent me a good unit awhile back, which I sold, and and eventually replaced with my current HE-400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back