Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #3,346 of 48,583
So what games are you guys looking forward to in the upcoming months? I haven't been playing much of anything lately, but soon there's a crapton I wanna play...

Final Fantasy XIII-2
SSX (OMG, I want this SO bad!)
DMC
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Mass Effect 3
Tales of Graces F

I have a feeling SSX and Mass Effect 3 are gonna sound amazing with DH and immersive cans.

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #3,347 of 48,583
I have a copy of Skyrim simply collecting dust. I should probably get on that at some point.

As a side note, I have the money to buy the Mixamp Pro OR the HD598. I currently own the PRO700mk2, which are probably the worst headphones for gaming, ever (think M50, but with the sub-bass of the XB700).

What should I buy first?

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #3,348 of 48,583

Quote:
I have a copy of Skyrim simply collecting dust. I should probably get on that at some point.
As a side note, I have the money to buy the Mixamp Pro OR the HD598. I currently own the PRO700mk2, which are probably the worst headphones for gaming, ever (think M50, but with the sub-bass of the XB700).
What should I buy first?

Which gaming platform is this for?

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #3,349 of 48,583
Having played (and enjoyed) the first one already, I'm going to get XIII-2 for sure and probably Asura's Wrath plus the MGS HD collection too. What I'm really looking forward to playing is Ni no Kuni. Not yet sold on SSX...

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #3,350 of 48,583
Have you seen the latest gameplay runs of SSX? Not the trailer, but actual gameplay... it looks freaking amazing, and reminds me of SSX3, which is undoubtedly the best snowboarding game, EVAR. I won't even debate this. :D

Poor Ni No Kuni. It flopped in Japan... I don't have much hopes for it selling well, but I do know it's gonna be a fantastic game. I do want it.

I was somewhat meh with FFXIII, but there can never be enough JRPGs here, so it's a must buy. I might get Hyperdimension Neptunia MK. 2, if they made it actually fun to play. The first had promise in everything but actual gameplay.

OMG, Asura's Wrath. I forgot! I loved the demo. I have a feeling it's going to become a cult classic, though I don't see it selling well. Pretty much the only games that sell well nowadays are established franchises, and the very rare gems.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #3,352 of 48,583
Games I should play in the coming months? How about I start clearing out my backlog of games I've bought during numerous sales on Steam and elsewhere, especially finishing those I took a break on while in the middle of completing them? It is my new year's resolution, after all.

-The Elder Scrolls III/IV/V (I basically got frustrated with losing my Morrowind and Oblivion saves over the years due to forgetting to back them up during reformats, but this could give me a chance to make better character generation choices. Skyrim doesn't have that excuse, though.)
-Red Faction: Guerrilla
-Dead Space 1/2
-Bioshock
-Mass Effect
-GTA IV
-L.A. Noire
-Psychonauts
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
-Thief 1/2/Deadly Shadows
-The Witcher
-Zeno Clash

That's just a small subset of games, at that.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #3,353 of 48,583
It's time to retire my PC360s.  Insert plug:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591675/sennheiser-pc360-g4me-headset

Just been using the Q701s full time now.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #3,354 of 48,583
Makes sense. I'm tempted on doing the same, but I bastardized the top headband padding... my stepfather had the bright idea to hot glue the pad where it ripped. Its a little hard there now, though I don't feel it. If I sold mine, it'd be at a significant loss... unless I can somehow rip it all off and get a replacement from Sennheiser. I should contact them and get a quote.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #3,355 of 48,583
Resident evil : Operation Raccon City, and Resident Evil 6!

Quote:
So what games are you guys looking forward to in the upcoming months? I haven't been playing much of anything lately, but soon there's a crapton I wanna play...
Final Fantasy XIII-2
SSX (OMG, I want this SO bad!)
DMC
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Mass Effect 3
Tales of Graces F
I have a feeling SSX and Mass Effect 3 are gonna sound amazing with DH and immersive cans.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #3,357 of 48,583
You guys make me want to return my PC 360s before I even receive them in the mail lol. Maybe I should and just get some nice cans like the Q701s or DT 990s and do a mod mic. Can't be that difficult.. and the price is nearly the same as the PC 360s.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #3,359 of 48,583
Well, ther reason I'd consider it is because I use a mic maybe less than 1% of the time I play games. I'm not very social. I'd rather just use my good headphones and throw on the DX clip on mic on those rare times when I do chat.

The PC360 is a beast, make no mistake. Just, they aren't getting any use with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back