Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 30, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #31,936 of 48,578
If anyone else is interested in the Fostex TH-600, here's the Massdrop link so we request another drop. Looks like we're at 41, but need to get to 200 votes.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fosetx-th-600-headphones

Thanks!

I wasn't suggesting to wait/vote for another TH-600 drop, I was suggesting to wait for the TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive that's coming soon. :wink:

As for me being a fan of the TH-600 for gaming, I am not. Never used them for that purpose and I've only heard them for a few minutes.

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #31,938 of 48,578
Hey, everyone. I'm considering a Fostex TH-600 as an "end-game" can. (Don't laugh- I have self-control, lol!) going price for a used one is ~$450 (US).

Couple questions

1. Is it a truly great gaming headphone?

2. Will it be a good compliment to my AKG K7XX?

Usage will be about 50/50,gaming and music.

If you're seriously considering a TH-600, then I'd consider waiting a little longer before making your purchase. As a K7XX owner you should be familiar with Massdrop...

Just sayin'.

OH MY GOD. Are they doing a MD edition woody?!?!

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #31,939 of 48,578
I think SOMEONE just got a woody!

But I'll probably go with the G5 since it does come a stronger AMP now and hopefully a better a slightly better DAC and hopefully, an optical out to chain a different DAC and AMP as well....but that might be too much to ask for.

I'm still waiting to hear if Atmos has a headphone processing option. Till then, the tech is pointless for me.
And I'd still suspect that DDL decoding, processing, and outputting digitally through optical (without the PC "What U Hear" song and dance) will be blocked by Dolby licensing requirements. Maybe I'll be wrong BUT NO DDL DECODER YET HAS NATIVELY ALLOWED DIGITAL OUTPUT OF THE FINAL PROCESSED AUDIO. I'm not holding my breath.

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #31,943 of 48,578
OH MY GOD. Are they doing a MD edition woody?!?!

Mayhaps. I'll leave the photo to you and your imagination.

Giggity.

Yes, I want details on this... Er... Not this, but the new Fostex/MD can, lol.

Not going to spill details that haven't been shared publicly already. You'll just have to wait until the official announcement. :wink:

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #31,944 of 48,578
  Did you guys see the new Astro A40TR, or am I behind? Looks interesting I was hoping they would add DTSX but nah.

http://www.astrogaming.com/tr-landing/tr-landing.html

Hands On
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4HvWI5M0g

Don't tell me, another A40 rerelease? With no actual changes to the hardware itself?

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong. The Mixamp itself has changed. Does somebody here want to bite the bullet and buy it?

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #31,945 of 48,578
sir, i just found this thread, and from the first post i read, AD700 is the best for competitive gaming but too bad that's discontinued and when i try to search it on amazon the price for new is 5x from the review price(under $100) and that's my only budget, so is there any headphone under $100 can beat AD700? for competitive gaming?

and how about takstar TS-671 is that good for competitive gaming?

thank you, sorry if there any inapropriate words.

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #31,946 of 48,578
  sir, i just found this thread, and from the first post i read, AD700 is the best for competitive gaming but too bad that's discontinued and when i try to search it on amazon the price for new is 5x from the review price(under $100) and that's my only budget, so is there any headphone under $100 can beat AD700? for competitive gaming?

thank you, sorry if there any inapropriate words.

AD700 was replaced with the AD700x. Enjoy.

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #31,947 of 48,578

thank you, sorry if there any inappropriate words.

Sennheiser HD558 headphones.
Buy a used HD558 and remove the black rubber tape from inside the cups.

This is the cable I got for use with my HD558s
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=560215640802&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Takstar TS-671 is a good headphone for it's price, but I prefer my HD558 over my TS-671.

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #31,948 of 48,578
I'm still waiting to hear if Atmos has a headphone processing option. Till then, the tech is pointless for me.
And I'd still suspect that DDL decoding, processing, and outputting digitally through optical (without the PC "What U Hear" song and dance) will be blocked by Dolby licensing requirements. Maybe I'll be wrong BUT NO DDL DECODER YET HAS NATIVELY ALLOWED DIGITAL OUTPUT OF THE FINAL PROCESSED AUDIO. I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either. Sigh, I wonder why they wouldn't do it though...?

The audio market is slightly getting more attention than before. When I started following this thread back in late 2013, the term audiophile was new to me and as well to a lot of gamers out there. Nowadays, companies like Logitech or corsair want to add audiophile and gaming headset together and actually trying to create good sound as opposed to like cheapo headsets from the yesteryears.

With that said, you would think creative could implement something so simple, especially if they are reading into this thread quite constantly.

Oh well..

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #31,949 of 48,578

What you want doesn't make sense, you want the incoming DD/5.1 signal to be processed by an effects DSP that normally outputs to loudspeakers, you want that reprocessed audio to be output as DD/5.1?
And then that DD/5.1 gonna be decoded again to another DD/5.1 decoder?

DDL on pc do what it does, Live decoding any 2.0/2.1/5.1/7.1 PC Audio from games or 5.1 aac/mp3/dts movies into the standard optical DD/5.1 output.
And it can bypass unprocessed any real DD/5.1 audio from dvd/blueray movies or real DD coded games directly through that optical DD/5.1 output.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #31,950 of 48,578
i bought  the sentheizer gamezeros  but the sound is  very low why;;;
i put  them in the  100 and the sound is like 20 and 30 volume
i put the amplier in the  high  gain  60--300  ohms  but  the sound is very low any ideas;'; why;;
why;;;
  i have  the asus sonar stx

did i do something  wrong;;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back