Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 16, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #31,111 of 48,583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

I'm not going to recommend it in any way. Just watch it.

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #31,113 of 48,583
Thanks for your Shure 1540 review, Mad Lust Envy.

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #31,114 of 48,583
Curretly not in the state of mind to review anything. I've had a TH600 review mostly finished for over 3 months now, and not commited to finishing it. The TH900 would logically be right after, but something is going to have to motivate me to doing so. At this point in time, I don't see anything doing so.

Been waiting for TH600/TH900 since you bought them, especially compared to the X2. No pressure or anything, hope you get motivated again at some point!

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #31,116 of 48,583
I’m looking to get some decent headphones mainly for gaming on PS4 but also for music on ipad and phone. I have previously tried various gaming headsets but they are just awful. I’ve had wireless and cabled and all have sucked.

I was considering the Astro A40’s but after reading on various posts and articles I think I might be better with headphones and possible an amp/DAC. I am a total beginner to this but I feel the gaming headsets are just ripping me off for what i’m paying for.

I have been looking at possibly getting some of the following headphones but not sure what the best setup would be for the PS4.

AKG K612 Pro
AKG K712 Pro
Philips Fidelio X1

I’m totally confused with whether I need an amp or DAC or both to power any of these. I will be using chat also with a mod mic or something similar. ? I have been looking at the Astro MixAmp (2013) and the FiiO E10K.

Can anyone suggest which would be the best setup for the PS4 please?

Thanks for reading and advice in advance.

Jun 17, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #31,117 of 48,583
I’m looking to get some decent headphones mainly for gaming on PS4 but also for music on ipad and phone. I have previously tried various gaming headsets but they are just awful. I’ve had wireless and cabled and all have sucked.

I was considering the Astro A40’s but after reading on various posts and articles I think I might be better with headphones and possible an amp/DAC. I am a total beginner to this but I feel the gaming headsets are just ripping me off for what i’m paying for.

I have been looking at possibly getting some of the following headphones but not sure what the best setup would be for the PS4.

AKG K612 Pro
AKG K712 Pro
Philips Fidelio X1

I’m totally confused with whether I need an amp or DAC or both to power any of these. I will be using chat also with a mod mic or something similar. ? I have been looking at the Astro MixAmp (2013) and the FiiO E10K.

Can anyone suggest which would be the best setup for the PS4 please?

Thanks for reading and advice in advance.

I'd go with the Fidelio X1 or even better, the X2, if you can swing a couple extra bucks. They will work fine just through the Mixamp and your "idevices". AKGs really need something more powerful for amping.

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #31,122 of 48,583
  Yeah, when I had them last year, I was about to order a amp/DAC with them if it wasn't for their channel imbalance problem that I had with them...

Channel imbalance can be source-induced as far as I know. Have You tried using them on other sources?

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #31,123 of 48,583
Thanks for the input. The x2's is a little bit above what I wanted to spend but from the reviews I've saw they look good. The best sound for the PS4 is more important than iPad etc. I would rather get a great headset for gaming first. I still need to buy mixamp and mod mic.

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #31,124 of 48,583
Thanks for the input. The x2's is a little bit above what I wanted to spend but from the reviews I've saw they look good. The best sound for the PS4 is more important than iPad etc. I would rather get a great headset for gaming first. I still need to buy mixamp and mod mic.

How much money do You have for the entire setup?

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #31,125 of 48,583
  Channel imbalance can be source-induced as far as I know. Have You tried using them on other sources?

Yeah, on my mobile phone and the Turtle Beach DSS for gaming on the xbox 360. I don't remember them being imbalanced on the DSS, but I could be wrong here. But they were definitely imbalanced on my phone, same as on my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back