Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 15, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #28,441 of 48,566
My X2 review is gonna be awhile, but I'll just say the X2 is a stellar all rounder, and will be fantastic for both fun and competitive (leaning a little more on fun, but not as heavily tilted as the X1).

How hard are they to drive? I really dont care much about surround sound but I cant afford a dedicated dac amp. Would a simple usb device like a creative xi-fi go?

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #28,443 of 48,566

I recommend the SoundMAGIC HP100.

Quote:
Maybe the ATH-A700/900's?

Quote:
I would say the Shure SRH1540, but with your budget, go for the SoundMAGIC HP100/150. You will be very happy
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll look into the A700X's and HP100's, thanks guys.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #28,444 of 48,566
Speaking of cleaning house...anyone in the market for an MA900?

It doesn't get talked about much anymore, maybe because of the discontinuation.

Cleaning the house is speaking MA900? I find funny that comment. :)

I have some more expensive equipment than MA900, and even playing with the AKG K702 ....i have more pleasure and performance playing with MA900 at competitive level. BF 4 Killer machine with MA900 + Mixamp + BenQ LCD.

Mids, clean details, balanced bass and that fuc** dreaming airy pinpoint soundstage kills competition.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #28,445 of 48,566
Cleaning the house is speaking MA900? I find funny that comment. :)

I have some more expensive equipment than MA900, and even playing with the AKG K702 ....i have more pleasure and performance playing with MA900 at competitive level. BF 4 Killer machine with MA900 + Mixamp + BenQ LCD.

Mids, clean details, balanced bass and that fuc** dreaming airy pinpoint soundstage kills competition.

Part of the reason it reads funny may be due to the order that words are placed (the grammar) in different languages... But it is funny that "cleaning house" makes Nameless think of his MA900.

I liked the MA900 too when I heard them, but unfortunately I didn't love them. I wonder why he's selling them, since he did love them?

@NamelessPFG,
I think it got all the talk and hype because it was a unique headphone and a humongous bargain at $160, but then Sony stopped making them and the increased demand (I assume) drove the price up $100 more, not such a bargain anymore. Regardless of price it certainly is a unique sounding and lightweight headphone, why don't you need it anymore? Did you get back into your Stax?

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #28,447 of 48,566

Just ordered mine, had it on my wish list and seen the price drop. The price drop just answered my question I've been asking on this forum for weeks on what dac/amp to get. This wasn't really on my radar as it was too expensive. Now with that huge price drop. I ordered it and it will be here by Wednesday. Hopefully I made the right decision as I ordered this over an O2/odac.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #28,449 of 48,566
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #28,450 of 48,566
That's not fair for European consumers.

Happy for you guys, sad for myself.

:)

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #28,451 of 48,566
Just ordered mine, had it on my wish list and seen the price drop. The price drop just answered my question I've been asking on this forum for weeks on what dac/amp to get. This wasn't really on my radar as it was too expensive. Now with that huge price drop. I ordered it and it will be here by Wednesday. Hopefully I made the right decision as I ordered this over an O2/odac.

Yep, I saw your post in Ev's thread and felt the info needed to be shared over here too!

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #28,452 of 48,566
Yep, I saw your post in Ev's thread and felt the info needed to be shared over here too!

Sounds good to me, let's get this thing into more hands. I hope it is good because like I said I was going to order a jds labs O2/odac tonight at some point.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #28,453 of 48,566
  GOING TO SPEND 279.99 ON SOMETHING BRB

EDIT: Ok, now I can rest easy.. I did one-day shipping since it was only $7. X7.. one-day shipping for 7 bucks and its for 279.99... I would say this was a jackpot huehuehue.

Half Life 3 confirmed!

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #28,454 of 48,566
Part of the reason it reads funny may be due to the order that words are placed (the grammar) in different languages... But it is funny that "cleaning house" makes Nameless think of his MA900.

I liked the MA900 too when I heard them, but unfortunately I didn't love them. I wonder why he's selling them, since he did love them?

@NamelessPFG,
I think it got all the talk and hype because it was a unique headphone and a humongous bargain at $160, but then Sony stopped making them and the increased demand (I assume) drove the price up $100 more, not such a bargain anymore. Regardless of price it certainly is a unique sounding and lightweight headphone, why don't you need it anymore? Did you get back into your Stax?

It's only "cleaning house" because while I do like the MA900 and would probably use them as a secondary headphone quite a lot thanks to their efficiency, I need to fill in the hole the AKG K7XX left in my wallet.

Since my particular K7XX is free of blatant driver defects (no rattle or cone breakup that I've noticed) and I found it to sound quite nice even when driven directly from my X-Fi Titanium HD, I feel it's a keeper.

No, it's still not as good as my old Stax SR-Lambda + SRM-T1 combo. Nothing I've tried even comes close to that, not even modern "numerical" Lambda variants. But that setup was rather hard on me financially, and I couldn't keep it. I'm just glad I got to experience something pretty close to aural perfection and Tus-Chan's continuing to enjoy it.

I shouldn't have looked in the classifieds, though. The Stax itch is biting at me again...you see, this is why I try to stay off Head-Fi. It's not good for my wallet, and I have enough expensive hobbies as it is, being a tech enthusiast and all.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #28,455 of 48,566
GOING TO SPEND 279.99 ON SOMETHING BRB

EDIT: Ok, now I can rest easy.. I did one-day shipping since it was only $7. X7.. one-day shipping for 7 bucks and its for 279.99... I would say this was a jackpot huehuehue.

Did I miss something? When I just ordered it one day shipping was over $20. I did standard and it was like $11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back