Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 15, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #27,721 of 48,565
Nice I also have a Benq xl2420z it has very low input lag, according to tftcentral they benched it at 1ms input lag. I picked up an input lag tester and tested everything in my house.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.862733130438692.1073741848.145046292207383&type=3

Like that Asus 27" but don't know how the pixelation is at 1080p.

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #27,722 of 48,565
Never meant to imply otherwise, my apologies.

No offense taken, just saying, that my reviews (especially the bigger ones), go more in depth on the headphones themselves. So a headphone I feel is good, is gonna be a good recommendation regardless of stereo or surround gaming (as far as personal opinion goes).

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #27,725 of 48,565
You can thank your Post Office for the delay...or not lol

Yes.
But it's more the fault of the system than an individual. A couple years back, they closed two mail sorting centers, so now the one near–ish to me is handling the mail for two cities and everything inbetween. That's unfortunate (especially for the former employees), but I understand the decrease in letter-mail and people doing a lot of shipping with the other parcel carriers makes finances a little leaner.

Meh.

X7 review will be in my thread, though Mad might link it (said he would like a month ago), and eventually... Youtube!

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #27,727 of 48,565
Sure:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/646786/evshrugs-if-i-knew-then-what-i-know-now-discussion-journal

I also edited it into my other post over an hour ago, and it's always been in my signature.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #27,729 of 48,565
has anyone got the new mixamp 2014/15?

ive noticed on mine its adding a some sort of processing on the microphone which makes my voice sound hissy or buzzy to others in the party or when you test in microphone playback on PS4. (note its only when audio is detected or when i speak so its not constant)

i tried the headset on its own connected to the controller and the microphone sounded so much better so its defo the mixamp doing something. various other reports seen on the forums as well.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #27,730 of 48,565

ive noticed on mine its adding a some sort of processing on the microphone which makes my voice sound hissy or buzzy to others in the party or when you test in microphone playback on PS4. (note its only when audio is detected or when i speak so its not constant)

i tried the headset on its own connected to the controller and the microphone sounded so much better so its defo the mixamp doing something. various other reports seen on the forums as well.

I have the 2013 mixamp and I have distortion in my voice when I set the mic level in my ps4. However, my friends do not hear that distortion when I am chatting with them.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #27,731 of 48,565

I purchased the new mixamp (Amazon sale), and have major issues with the microphone on the PS4. My friends that I was chatting with pleaded with me to switch back to my DSS2 / Symba setup because it sounded so terrible. I only had one night to try it out thus far as I was on vacation in the Caribbean for the last 10 days. I plan to play with it a bit more tonight and tomorrow to see if I can figure out what is causing the issues. If I can't get it sorted out, the mixamp will have to go back.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #27,732 of 48,565
  I purchased the new mixamp (Amazon sale), and have major issues with the microphone on the PS4. My friends that I was chatting with pleaded with me to switch back to my DSS2 / Symba setup because it sounded so terrible. I only had one night to try it out thus far as I was on vacation in the Caribbean for the last 10 days. I plan to play with it a bit more tonight and tomorrow to see if I can figure out what is causing the issues. If I can't get it sorted out, the mixamp will have to go back.

whats actually wrong with it? is it the same issue as me?

tried every fix under the sun and it hasnt worked, i dont think its a hardware issue because many others are saying the same thing. the temporary fix im using is to lower the mic input volume on ps4 but then i have to put the mic closer to my mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back