Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #27,451 of 48,583
  Bummer, I was seriously considering the X2 but it might not be what I was hoping for. Change is Good, are there any other headphones you would recommend? I saw that you like the SRH1540, how do they perform for gaming?

Not really the best option for gaming since they are closed, but they are very engaging with plenty of immersion on single player games and movies. I believe, however, that if you will be owning only one headphone, the X2 would be the better choice.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #27,452 of 48,583
So the Sound Blaster X7 is now available on Amazon.........

Hmmmm...if only 400 dollars were to magically appear in my bank account, they would be so awesome.....very awesome.....

Edit:

Just realized it says in stock Jan. 4, 2015...

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #27,454 of 48,583
Just be owning one, I wish I had the funds for more. So ultimately, you think I should go with the X2 over the K712? I just really want to be sure I make the right choice.

You can't go wrong with either. Though, I think you may enjoy the X2 more since it will be your only headphone.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #27,456 of 48,583
  Just be owning one, I wish I had the funds for more. So ultimately, you think I should go with the X2 over the K712? I just really want to be sure I make the right choice.

I would say that, if you dont have an amp or not planning to purchase an amp, X2 would be the choice. I havent had a listen to the k712 and from what I have read, the K712 seems to go a little above beyond the X2 sound quality, with proper amping of course. And the better the gear you use with the K series headphones, the better the sound quality it will give.

Honestly, I would probably go with the X2. All around, its a more versatile headphone....why?

Because,
1) detachable cable, you can add a Vmoda boom pro mic
2) Doesnt really need amping but using one will improve sound quality as well
3)Slightly cheaper than the K712
4) Honestly I cant think of something else, unless someone else mentions something I may have forgotten lol

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #27,457 of 48,583
I would also be purchasing an amp/dac combo, similar budget as the headphones, around $400. I was thinking maybe the nfb11.32 or 15.32, schiit magni or vali with modi, or the new soundblaster x7. I havn't owned higher end gear before though, the most expensive setup I've had was the Astro A40 with mixamp pro so everything I'm considering purchasing is based off of what others have said and what I've been able to research.
  I would say that, if you dont have an amp or not planning to purchase an amp, X2 would be the choice. I havent had a listen to the k712 and from what I have read, the K712 seems to go a little above beyond the X2 sound quality, with proper amping of course. And the better the gear you use with the K series headphones, the better the sound quality it will give.

Honestly, I would probably go with the X2. All around, its a more versatile headphone....why?

Because,
1) detachable cable, you can add a Vmoda boom pro mic
2) Doesnt really need amping but using one will improve sound quality as well
3)Slightly cheaper than the K712
4) Honestly I cant think of something else, unless someone else mentions something I may have forgotten lol

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #27,458 of 48,583
I'm really not hyping the X7 (I would a bit with HDMI and PCM blalbabla) but unfortunately that's the best audio device for us gamers in a long long time and it's really versatile as it covers both PC (with PCM) and console (AC3) needs and is easily transportable between both sets. Not to forget that it's a standalone ZxR with PSU. That's a huge jump from something like the Mixamp.  

It also got dual headphone outputs for DEDICATED COOP SESSIONS AT MIDNIGHT.  

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #27,459 of 48,583
  So the Sound Blaster X7 is now available on Amazon.........

Hmmmm...if only 400 dollars were to magically appear in my bank account, they would be so awesome.....very awesome.....

Edit:

Just realized it says in stock Jan. 4, 2015...

Hmm... I need to look and see if it has prime on it too. I wonder if that is just a placeholder date?
  Hypety hype hypester-train

HYPE! 
wink.gif
 but yeah my finger is itching over the pre-order button... 

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #27,460 of 48,583
  I got my DSS today but no mic support. Is there a way to get my Boom Pro Mic working with DSS? If not, would it work with the Mixamp Pro?

Buy a steelseries audiomixer or a similar device.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #27,461 of 48,583
Waiting for Creative to give us a cheaper X7 alternative without the speaker section. Literally the same device without that, for maybe $150 less.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #27,462 of 48,583
Waiting for Creative to give us a cheaper X7 alternative without the speaker section. Literally the same device without that, for maybe $150 less.

That is something I'd be interested in.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #27,463 of 48,583
  I'm really not hyping the X7 (I would a bit with HDMI and PCM blalbabla) but unfortunately that's the best audio device for us gamers in a long long time and it's really versatile as it covers both PC (with PCM) and console (AC3) needs and is easily transportable between both sets. Not to forget that it's a standalone ZxR with PSU. That's a huge jump from something like the Mixamp.  

It also got dual headphone outputs for DEDICATED COOP SESSIONS AT MIDNIGHT.  

So you think the headphone section is very similar? The SBX Simulation will be the same? I thought it will be a difference that it is worth to pay something around 250-300€ (later).
There is no Need for a PC gamer to take the X7?

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #27,464 of 48,583

Wait, so if lets say I buy a 5.1 speaker system, its going to come with everything it needs unless you get the speakers by themselves. So this will work for that too?

Then again... I don't think I will need 5.1 next to my computer. Hmm... oop sorry.. thinking out loud again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back