Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 14, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #26,491 of 48,565
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #26,493 of 48,565
I'll probably just sell my entire current setup. Hard to believe how many devices become redundant once a behemoth like this is released.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #26,494 of 48,565
  I'll probably just sell my entire current setup. Hard to believe how many devices become redundant once a behemoth like this is released.

seems like my recent investments would become useless too ><
guess I should really hold off buying a Schiit Stack as well lol

maybe I shouldn't bother with the ASTRO Mixamp at all ><

---
anyone got thoughts on the Antlion ModMic vs the Boompro? tempted to buy a ModMic to try

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #26,495 of 48,565

---
anyone got thoughts on the Antlion ModMic vs the Boompro? tempted to buy a ModMic to try

X7 will do everything the schiitstack and the mixamp would do. I really love my modmic but if You have headphones with detachable cable go for boom pro. Less hassle

Oct 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #26,496 of 48,565

---

I freaking love my ModMic. I actually have my original to my bro last year and bought the newest version a few months ago. Great quality all the way around. Love it. Have not used a bom pro though, not yet anyway.

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #26,497 of 48,565
  X7 will do everything the schiitstack and the mixamp would do. I really love my modmic but if You have headphones with detachable cable go for boom pro. Less hassle

which Modmic did you get? as in which version?
I may end up getting one.

hmm I have the Boompro but it feels kinda inadequate - wonder how the Modmic compares.

I'm so tempted to get rid of my ASTRO Mixamp especially with all the issues I have with it (and the lack of customer support from ASTRO) and just save/wait for the X7

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #26,498 of 48,565

which Modmic did you get? as in which version?
I may end up getting one.

hmm I have the Boompro but it feels kinda inadequate - wonder how the Modmic compares.

I'm so tempted to get rid of my ASTRO Mixamp especially with all the issues I have with it (and the lack of customer support from ASTRO) and just save/wait for the X7

4.0. Works like a charm. I even used it to record guitar and vocals.

As for the comparison it's hard to say because I dod not try out the boompro

Truth to be told we're all using mixamp mainly because of lack of anything better. Had I discovered this thread sooner I probably would've went with soundblaster recon 3d

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #26,499 of 48,565

FiiO E09K Review.
Requires an audio component to auxilary 3.55m to to be compatible with most devices
If your headphones does not come with an adapter, you will need to obtain one that looks like this

I have used this device on my monitor and tv as it boosts the sound too. 

This device has a (Gain) switch which greatly increases the sound output. (Which really powers my headphones to its fullest) 

Have you tried it on a computer soundcard too?
I would like to know, if it would increase the sound quality on a Creative Z or Asus Phoebus too?

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #26,500 of 48,565
Hey guys, 

I've got a $60 store credit to Best Buy, and currently the SLYR is $61.99 and the CAL! is $68.99. I am trying to decide between these two headphones. I doubt I'll ever use the microphone on the SLYR, so sound is really the only thing relevant when making my decision. When I searched the thread, I saw that Mad Lust Envy had at one time even preferred the sound of the SLYR to that of the CAL. I am wondering if this is still the case. The headphones will mostly be for music and fun/immersing gaming (hardly ever competitive, but maybe some). My current headphones are the KSC-75, which I am surprisingly fond of. 

To anyone: which of the two headphones listed would you choose considering my needs and taking into account that they are priced almost identically? If there is another headphone I am looking over at or around this price, let me know. 

Thanks

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #26,501 of 48,565
The CAL is a pretty noticably better. I liked the Slyr because it's sound signature was more suited to my taste, and because I really like its pads. I can wear it all day. The CAL is very comfy, but it is pleather and it gets hot quickly.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #26,503 of 48,565
Finally the Astro Mixamp 2011 arrived, and to my initial and very little testing, im happy, it works prefect with a PS4 connecting it via optical and usb, its the prefect combo with the X1 + Vmoda boomPro.  Initially i felt the X1 were a little shallow and not that fun, the bass was very light, but they have gotten a lot better with the MixAmp, at least to my subjective perception, the bass is more tight and present, and the details of the high are more upfront, probably among the best combos i have tested for gaming.  The X1 still not as fun as my Ultrasone Pro 900, but its getting there.

The only thing i need to find out, is that in games like destiny the game sound can dominate the chat, i need to lower some the game sound or increase the chat audio, thats not possible with the mixamp as it increases or decreases everything, but i gotta play more with the PS4 settings, but

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #26,504 of 48,565
  Have you tried it on a computer soundcard too?
I would like to know, if it would increase the sound quality on a Creative Z or Asus Phoebus too?

i don't exactly know, but im sure it is likely to work with the appropriate cables.  Do not hold me on the answer though, because i am just guessing. 

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #26,505 of 48,565
if this legitally connects to ps4 and decodes the 7.1 surround, it sounds like something that would replace my fiio/mixamp setup to my AKG Q701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back