Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 22, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #25,577 of 48,566
For $50, the 15G is right where it should be. I think thats the perfect price point for a great fun can, as long as people understand that its S-Logic = distant presentation.

It works unbelievably well with Dolby Headphone.

Aug 22, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #25,578 of 48,566
I hope it does S-Logic better than the PRO 550. I was utterly disappointed with that headphone, being one my first closed cans and all, right after the M50 (which I liked).

But maybe S-Logic was just a preference thing, and something I just wasn't used to...

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #25,580 of 48,566
Wait for the upcoming refreshes. Supposedly the higher PRO models will be getting S-Logic EX.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #25,582 of 48,566
With either, you'll lose a bit of tonal clarity, as they're both warmer and fuller sounding, taking a bit of attention away from the more dry, mid forwardness of the 598 in comparison. Due to the thicker sound, the 598 will also sound a little more spacious. However, all 3 are stellar performers, with the AKGs being more fun and immersive, while still being very detailed, just...warmer and more fleshed out.

As for the HD800, there is no way it'd get top marks in every regard. It's tonal balance has a lot in common with the K701 which while superbly detailed, does not make for the most immersive/fun headphones.

I've heard enough headphones to know that if its amazing at one thing, it's gonna be a little lacking elsewhere. No such thing as a perfect headphone for every situation. The closest you can get is a very good all rounder like the Alpha Dog, and even then, I missed the warmth and fullness of it's less expensive sibling.

Envy, thanks for your reply.

I really like the hd598, but, as usual, now is the time for an upgrade.

I want to spend more or less US$ 400,00 into the new headphone and the best options that I saw was the k702 anniversary and the k712 pro. There's another headphone that I should consider or they’re the best?

I'm "worried" if they’ll be a great upgrade or not so much, because I like the confort and fun of the 598, so if they're best in this two points, I just can't imagine.

Besides, I love the soundstage and the clarity of the hd 598, and I don't want to go with anything “worse” at these two points.

So, do you think that it's a good upgrade or I'll be spending money with no reason?

Lastly, I use the creative x-fi titanium hd to have a "5.1" sound.. Do you think that I should buy a dac as well? If yes, which one will you recommend me?? And can I use the dac + the soundcard without problem?

Just remembering, it’s only for gaming.

Thanks

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #25,583 of 48,566

Envy, thanks for your reply.

I really like the hd598, but, as usual, now is the time for an upgrade.

I want to spend more or less US$ 400,00 into the new headphone and the best options that I saw was the k702 anniversary and the k712 pro. There's another headphone that I should consider or they’re the best?

I'm "worried" if they’ll be a great upgrade or not so much, because I like the confort and fun of the 598, so if they're best in this two points, I just can't imagine.

Besides, I love the soundstage and the clarity of the hd 598, and I don't want to go with anything “worse” at these two points.

So, do you think that it's a good upgrade or I'll be spending money with no reason?

Lastly, I use the creative x-fi titanium hd to have a "5.1" sound.. Do you think that I should buy a dac as well? If yes, which one will you recommend me?? And can I use the dac + the soundcard without problem?

Just remembering, it’s only for gaming.

Thanks

Sennheiser HD600 and use your soundcard.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #25,584 of 48,566
The K612 is better than the 598. The Q701 would be a more natural progression though.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #25,585 of 48,566
Anybody tried putting ksc-75 hooks onto hfi-15g drivers? That would make an interesting portable

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #25,586 of 48,566
I dont see it being possible, as there is just too much thickness between the pad and the driver casing. Now, can the 15g drivers fit the ksc75 shell itself? Probably, but the 15g is dampened a certwin way, and the speaker opening is intentionally done a certain way, so a standard case would probably ruin Ultrasone's balancing. The ideal thing here would be snapping off the 15Gs cup entirely, and attaching the hooks to it, but again, I dont think the hooks are large enough to sit on your ears right with huge cups like the 15G's housing.

Having wje mod my PX100-II with the KSC75 hooks worked well enough for the sound, but since the housing was bigger, it was a pretty uncomfortable fit. The 15G is even thicker, probably making it torturous.

It would be something though.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #25,587 of 48,566
Is it a stills camera? I have a canon 1dc with cine lense!

I took in trade a Nikon D7000, a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G lens, a Nikon MB-D11 battery grip and a few other accessories. It's not a full-frame like the EOS-1D C but it's a damned nice camera.

Now, if you wanted to trade your 1D C for a BNIB Beyer T1 I can make that happen. :wink:

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #25,588 of 48,566

I took in trade a Nikon D7000, a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G lens, a Nikon MB-D11 battery grip and a few other accessories. It's not a full-frame like the EOS-1D C but it's a damned nice camera.

Now, if you wanted to trade your 1D C for a BNIB Beyer T1 I can make that happen. :wink:

Even though you will be watching this in 1080p you can still see the depth that a 4k camera brings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back