Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 15, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #23,731 of 48,562
Hey, I went positive!
...most of the time!

And tell my mom that these games don't make me a stone cold killer, lol. But yeah, I'll be streaming more frequently as it seems more people are watching or stumbling onto it :)

May 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #23,732 of 48,562
MadLust, did you ever review the HD 700? I have recently purchased those (about 4 days ago,) and was quite impressed when I compared it to my HD 650 and HD 800. I didn't pay full price because I was a little skeptical on paying a great amount, and finding out they are flooks (not worth the money.) I find the price I paid ($600) is a fair amount because they do actually have identical mids compared to the HD 800, and the bass is definitely more defined compared to the HD 650. However; the highs come off unnaturally, making them sound screechy at times, but I guess that's what makes them sound "fun." What do you think?

May 16, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #23,733 of 48,562
Can anybody help...I'm looking at a spending $350 on cans,mic and mix amp for gaming. I was looking at turtle beach xp510 but after reading some threads I realised that they over priced. So if anybody could suggest a setup that would cost about 350 it would be much appreciated. I'm already looking at the astro mix amp pro but as for cans and external mic in unsure... I'm looking for most bang for buck as I'll probably have to import... Thanks

May 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #23,734 of 48,562
Can anybody help...I'm looking at a spending $350 on cans,mic and mix amp for gaming. I was looking at turtle beach xp510 but after reading some threads I realised that they over priced. So if anybody could suggest a setup that would cost about 350 it would be much appreciated. I'm already looking at the astro mix amp pro but as for cans and external mic in unsure... I'm looking for most bang for buck as I'll probably have to import... Thanks

If you want to be super lazy about it, there's a guy in the classifieds selling a DT990+Mixamp 5.8+Modmic for $350.  Honestly, it's not the best deal, but it's a good setup and it's easy.

May 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #23,735 of 48,562
Hi there,

This is thef irst time I'm posting here at head-fi, but I've been reading this thread for a long time.

I know that some of you are from Orlando and I am looking for a headphone cable called V-Moda boom pro, could anyone please tell me what physical store sell it nearby? I have been looking in best buy and staples without success, it'sout of stock on Amazon and I am returning to my country next Thursday.

May 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #23,736 of 48,562
Hi there,

This is thef irst time I'm posting here at head-fi, but I've been reading this thread for a long time.

I know that some of you are from Orlando and I am looking for a headphone cable called V-Moda boom pro, could anyone please tell me what physical store sell it nearby? I have been looking in best buy and staples without success, it'sout of stock on Amazon and I am returning to my country next Thursday.

I had to order mine from the VModa website. They just shipped out, today, after having to wait on more inventory. All their distributors are out of stock.

May 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #23,739 of 48,562
Thanks but I'm looking at buying new maybe I should just import that setup

There are probably better headphones for the price new than the DT990.  AKG K612, for example.  Also you can't get the Mixamp 5.8 new anymore, so you'd have to get something else.

May 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #23,742 of 48,562
it's for ps3 and ps4 use I was looking at a astro mix amp pro with cans and mic... Just unsure on decent setup

Do you want maximum sound-whoring or do you want better-than-most-cans-on-the-market sound whoring but with some fun thrown in?

For option A, get a AKG K612 or Q701 and a cheap clipon mic (see the Neewer mic in the guide) and consider a small amp to go with it.  For option B, get a Philips Fidelio X1 and a Vmoda Boompro mic.

Those are the two main recommendations these days.

May 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #23,743 of 48,562

Do you want maximum sound-whoring or do you want better-than-most-cans-on-the-market sound whoring but with some fun thrown in?

For option A, get a AKG K612 or Q701 and a cheap clipon mic (see the Neewer mic in the guide) and consider a small amp to go with it.  For option B, get a Philips Fidelio X1 and a Vmoda Boompro mic.

Those are the two main recommendations these days.

AKG K612 is option B + a little amp, imo... Just saying 
rolleyes.gif

May 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #23,744 of 48,562
  AKG K612 is option B + a little amp, imo... Just saying 
rolleyes.gif

Well I haven't heard the K612, so I can't really say.  But I've heard the Q and the X1 and I'm assuming the K612 is closer to the Q than the X1.  Could be wrong of course.  And if I was, it'd be cheaper than the X1 so good news there.

May 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #23,745 of 48,562

Well I haven't heard the K612, so I can't really say.  But I've heard the Q and the X1 and I'm assuming the K612 is closer to the Q than the X1.  Could be wrong of course.  And if I was, it'd be cheaper than the X1 so good news there.

Well, I owned the X1 not too long ago and the K612 is definitely the more balanced and less bassy but to my ears, it offers the best of both worlds. Lots of immersion [very dynamic sound] but with great imaging and tonality [neutral and very holographic].
It really a very special gaming headphone [and a decent music can as well].
I suspect it's very hard to beat in terms of gaming performance + sound-whoring/immersion blend... I am not sure my soon to be HE-560 beats it here. It surely will in sheer music performance but for gaming purposes... might be a very interesting comparison [one I am eager to make].
Provided, you amp the K612 at least a little, that is. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back