Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 18, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #23,026 of 48,583
  Holy cow, I step away for a few hours and you guys blow up this thread? Damn, you all need to spend more time gaming and less time reading forums. :p

Everyone should go buy ESO and join me. That'll help.

The ESO beta just did NOT do it for me.  I think I'm burnt out on MMO's.  Wildstar looks promising but not different enough to get me excited.  I'd take a buddy key if anyone's preordered though.  :-D

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #23,027 of 48,583
I don't have a PC you troll!
tongue.gif

You have a big black boxy thing that should sell for about $350ish. Sell that and build a budget gaming machine. :wink:

The ESO beta just did NOT do it for me.  I think I'm burnt out on MMO's.  Wildstar looks promising but not different enough to get me excited.  I'd take a buddy key if anyone's preordered though.  :-D

As someone who has played since September, the game has polished a lot since beta. I have fellow writers who utterly despised the beta week who are now enjoying the game implicitly. But I can understand resistance if you didn't enjoy the beta experience.

As for Wildstar, I managed to play at PAX East and spend some time with part of the development team. That game does show some real promise. I feel it could potentially capture WoW's target audience.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #23,029 of 48,583
Yes, but I just don't game enough like I used to. Buying an MMO that will charge me a monthly fee makes no sense at this time.

And neither does a gaming PC! :p

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #23,031 of 48,583
But... this console is something I already have... which replaced my last console. I only own two games, because they're all I have time to play.

I'm not even pre-ordering watch dogs (something Ive been waiting for since announcement) because I know I won't have time. I'll just wait to borrow it when I do...

Not gon' work Axel :p

I'll stick to going broke on headphones lol

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #23,032 of 48,583
  Hi guys, please help me... i need a wireless headset with virtual surround for gaming on pc (connected to my TV) and in the future probably a ps4, but i can't decide...

When i'm using my "portable" mini-ITX pc in my room i use a Xonar U3 and HD598, for music i use Fiio X3 and HD598 and now i need a wireless headset with mic when i use my PC in the living room (80% of the time)

My budged is around 300 euros, what is the best option?

Thanks to anyone that will help!

P.S. just an info... i feel the HD598 a little inadequate with basses for gaming!

bump!

Anyone have an opinion about this? there are too mani options and different opinion about this on the net... for example yesterday i got an offer for Astro A50 used very little for 5 months at 200 euros and initially i was going to buy it because of the great reviews... but then i found out that audiophile around the word say that they are crap... (even Mad Lust Envy say that) so i really can't decide... i don't trust websites reviews anymore!

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #23,033 of 48,583
  bump!

Anyone have an opinion about this? there are too mani options and different opinion about this on the net... for example yesterday i got an offer for Astro A50 used very little for 5 months at 200 euros and initially i was going to buy it because of the great reviews... but then i found out that audiophile around the word say that they are crap... (even Mad Lust Envy say that) so i really can't decide... i don't trust websites reviews anymore!

Have you even looked through the front page? If I can recall, there's a wireless headset that MLE recommends for those that really need a wireless headset. I forgot the name of 'em... maybe on purpose...

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #23,034 of 48,583

Have you even looked through the front page? If I can recall, there's a wireless headset that MLE recommends for those that really need a wireless headset. I forgot the name of 'em... maybe on purpose...

I think i read all the from page and in the top choices none of the headphones there are listed as wireless... maybe i missed something? i thought MLE didn't suggest nay wireless device because he hates them all ^^.

Anyone tried the Steelseries H wireless? they are quite new...

Maybe it's better if i search for a wireless amp like the Astro A40 mix amp and connect my HD598 to it? wouldn't be a lot comfortable...

Actually i tried to buy a pair of Razer Chimaera stereo for only 50 euros (used, 130 euros is the retail price) and the basses are ok (explosions are great), mid and trebles are veiled a lot and lastly the overall comfort is CRAP! i don't know who designed this headset but it's totally mad! Maybe because i'm bald but i miss at least 4/5 cm to reach the headband!!! it's like they are designed for south park aliens!!!

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #23,035 of 48,583
Go read the section on the Skullcandy PLYR1 again.  You may also want to search the thread for keywords like "wireless", "steelseries", etc.

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #23,036 of 48,583
Antlion Modmic 4.0's should be getting delivered at the beginning of May. Anyone looking for a mic may want to look out for the pre-orders when they begin.

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #23,037 of 48,583
I think i read all the from page and in the top choices none of the headphones there are listed as wireless... maybe i missed something? i thought MLE didn't suggest nay wireless device because he hates them all ^^.

Considering I use the Mixamp 5.8 which essentially makes all headphones wireless, I don't know where you came up with that. I've only owned/heard two wireless headphones: the A50 and PLYR1. I prefer the PLYR1, which I gave a favorable review. I even had some months debating on whether I should get the Sennheiser RS220 or not, because being completely wireless is very liberating. Too bad it has a lot of negative reviews on it's functionality.

And I literally put *wireless headset* on the headphone listings...

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #23,039 of 48,583
Considering I use the Mixamp 5.8 which essentially makes all headphones wireless, I don't know where you came up with that. I've only owned/heard two wireless headphones: the A50 and PLYR1. I prefer the PLYR1, which I gave a favorable review. I even had some months debating on whether I should get the Sennheiser RS220 or not, because being completely wireless is very liberating. Too bad it has a lot of negative reviews on it's functionality.

And I literally put *wireless headset* on the headphone listings...

Whops i read all the page at late night i think i missed something, sorry :frowning2:

Yesterday i got this offer for A50 for 200 euros so i gone mad searching infos on the web and found you wonderful list of reviews.

Seems like i'll drop for now the idea of a wireless headset, unless someone decide to create an open headset with mic and HD598 sound quality with more basses... i hate compromises :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back