Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 24, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #1,727 of 48,583
hellbringer: I don't see much discussion of the HDJ-2000 outside of DJ forums, although the DJ crowd do like it for their purposes. IMO however, DJ mixes don't require soundstaging--which should be a key factor for any gaming headphone. Did your friend recommend them for gaming? 

NewMACAdress: you can edit an old post instead of making 3 posts in quick succession, you know.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #1,729 of 48,583
Hmm...

What just happened was... sad, to give it a name.

I never saw Alghazanth imposing his will or making rude calls. I was curious about his arguments, and about what his cans and his view for SP was. I do think MLE overreacted in his aggresive posts.

But well... sad to see another fun thread spoiled for this kind of behaviour.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,730 of 48,583

Quote:
Hmm...

What just happened was... sad, to give it a name.

I never saw Alghazanth imposing his will or making rude calls. I was curious about his arguments, and about what his cans and his view for SP was. I do think MLE overreacted in his aggresive posts.

But well... sad to see another fun thread spoiled for this kind of behaviour.

Usually, threads that handle headphones that are considered to have a fun or colored signature, are usually thrashed by snobbery of the high horse of treble and neutrality, which is a shame. Everyone should just respect each other's preferences instead of doing mindless bashing. Seems like only imature or "narrow minded people" (quoting the nonsense by NewMACAdress, along with his nonsense of thinking that "decent" headphones can't have any resemblence of emphasized bass) do deliberately provoke such bickering.

MLE was just making it clear that he prefers a colored signature rather than a neutral one, despite having listened to higher end headphones, and that opinion wasn't respected, as simple as that.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #1,731 of 48,583

Quote:
hellbringer: I don't see much discussion of the HDJ-2000 outside of DJ forums, although the DJ crowd do like it for their purposes. IMO however, DJ mixes don't require soundstaging--which should be a key factor for any gaming headphone. Did your friend recommend them for gaming?

He recommended them for gaming but he dosen't know much about Dolby Headphone.
Should i instead buy the Denon-D2000?
Is the D2000 any good for gaming?
My soundcard is a xonar essence card, just that you know.

EDIT: I've also taken a look at the Denon AH-A100, is it any better?
         And the QPAD QH-1339, is that any good with Dolby Headphone?

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #1,732 of 48,583
Colored signature, and what's the problem? Is or not the modern music colored compared to the old music of 1700? there were electric guitars or sub bass woofer in the middle ages? Even motorbikes are colored compared to horses. Theater performances are balanced compared to cinema movies with computer effects? The headphones market goes after music market, and as someone wants to enjoy "colored" music, needs "colored" headphones. A lot of videogames, movies, and music are made with "colored" audio, so "colored" phones are better. I personally enjoy a lot my beyerdynamic dt880 600 Ohm, but I have to admit that they are not the best phones for everything and lack when I need more bass. They are very, but very good, but not so "colored" as when I want to "color" my ears or my brain. The Bass with percussions is the base of rhythmics, and rhythmics are the soul of the enjoyment of at least the 70% of music...

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #1,733 of 48,583
I use the D2k for gaming and personally think it is an excellent choice.

Quote:
He recommended them for gaming but he dosen't now much about Dolby Headphone.
Should i instead buy the Denon-D2000?
Is the D2000 any good for gaming?
My soundcard is a xonar essence card, just that you know.

EDIT: I've also taken a look at the Denon AH-A100, is it any better?
         And the QPAD QH-1339, is that any good with Dolby Headphone?

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #1,735 of 48,583
If they're anything like the D7000 in soundstage and positioning, the D2000 should work well. At the time I had purchased the DT770, I was considering the D2000. The only reason I didn't was because of my preference for velour pads.

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #1,736 of 48,583

Quote:
If they're anything like the D7000 in soundstage and positioning, the D2000 should work well. At the time I had purchased the DT770, I was considering the D2000. The only reason I didn't was because of my preference for velour pads.

Ok, but isnt the AH-A100 or AH-D5000 better?
Have you tried the QPAD-QH1339?

And will the D2000 work good with my soundcard?

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #1,737 of 48,583
Sorry haven't tried those headphones, but I believe they have smaller cups, which will undoubtedly reduce the soundstage.

The D2000 is pretty sensitive, so it should work well off practically anything you hook it up to. The D7000 sounds like a champ even if you run it off a super weak source. I assume the D2000 would too, though as always, amping always improves sound.

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #1,738 of 48,583

Quote:
Sorry haven't tried those headphones, but I believe they have smaller cups, which will undoubtedly reduce the soundstage.

The D2000 is pretty sensitive, so it should work well off practically anything you hook it up to. The D7000 sounds like a champ even if you run it off a super weak source. I assume the D2000 would too, though as always, amping always improves sound.

But aren't the AH-A100 and AH-D5000 just cheaper versions of D7000?

I actually really want the D7000, but the problem is the price.

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #1,739 of 48,583

if you're assuming this because of model numbers and price, you'd better read up on threads that discuss the D2k vs D7k specifically. Model numbers don't always indicate "cheaper versions", e.g. Senn HD 600 and 650, Beyer DT 770, 880 and 990.
Price also doesn't indicate a cheaper version of the same sound, e.g. Westone 4 is more neutral than Westone 2.
So, research it. Don't limit yourself to this thread for answers--search.

You seem to be forcing MLE to give you a definite recommendation for a headphone he hasn't heard yet. That's not fair. You also seem dead-set on the D2k because the D7k is beyond budget; what other headphones that ARE recommended for gaming with DH are WITHIN your budget?

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #1,740 of 48,583

Quote:
Quote:

if you're assuming this because of model numbers and price, you'd better read up on threads that discuss the D2k vs D7k specifically. Model numbers don't always indicate "cheaper versions", e.g. Senn HD 600 and 650, Beyer DT 770, 880 and 990.
Price also doesn't indicate a cheaper version of the same sound, e.g. Westone 4 is more neutral than Westone 2.
So, research it. Don't limit yourself to this thread for answers--search.

You seem to be forcing MLE to give you a definite recommendation for a headphone he hasn't heard yet. That's not fair. You also seem dead-set on the D2k because the D7k is beyond budget; what other headphones that ARE recommended for gaming with DH are WITHIN your budget?

The D7000 isn't actually beyond my budget, the thing is that it costs to much for just gaming, but now i'm really thinking about maybe getting it.
What do you guys think?

EDIT: Has any body else tried the D5000 and does got something to say about it?

EDIT 2: Just wondering, does Dolby Headphone emulate 7.1 surround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back