Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #16,081 of 48,568
Quote:
So my Beyerdynamic cops came in and I love them! They're very comfortable but I still need to get used to them. I tested them out with splinter cell blacklist and they were great (to me lol). I did however realize halfway through that I forget to change the speaker setup and that's why there was no center channel haha. I'll test more later

Is this on PC? what soundcard are you using?

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #16,082 of 48,568
I picked up a pair of Pioneer SE-A1000 at Best Buy the other day for $35 + tax. So far I'm enjoying the sound these can put out. Does anyone have experience gaming with them? I'm reading on Head-Fi that they were a flagship a couple years ago that retailed for $200. Don't see them being worth $200 but so far they're excellent for sub $40. I have them at work right now, so no gaming on them yet.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #16,083 of 48,568
The main thing that intrigues on those Pioneers is that their maximum input power is 1.5watts. Jesus, that is like planar magnetic power handling capabilities. So they can handle some really powerful amps and probably scale well.

Aug 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #16,084 of 48,568
Unfortunately as far as amps go, I use a cheap cmoy amp at work and my T1 at home. But even off the cmoy they sound nice. Can't do any critical listening at work, but I'm impressed so far. And you're currently running off the E12, correct? I'd be interested to hear how these sound off one of the stronger amps out there. Heck, maybe I can ship them up to Chico for a bit and see how they sound off the 1.5W M-stage. At least, I think the Matrix does 1.5W; feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #16,086 of 48,568
Is there any benefit to using an e17 in line with the astro mixamp with the x1?

I was considering the e17 to help with the auido out of my iPad/iPhone or laptop. I know that don't really need to portable amp ability since I am using the x1 as my headphone set so I am still on the fence about purchasing the e17. I'm just not sure if the DAC in the e17 would help with listening to music out of my portable devices.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #16,087 of 48,568
The SONY Pulse Elite Headset is getting very favorable user reviews. I wonder how they fare in their price range or vs. PC360.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #16,088 of 48,568
Open vs closed. Pleather vs velour. Probably balanced vs bassy, large soundstage vs small soundstage.

I'm just not a fan of closed headsets, at least in terms of comparisons to open ones.

I'm sure I'd prefer the Pulse for music though.

I'd love to listen to them though. It has it's own form of virtual surround. I wonder how it fares vs DH and THX TS.

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #16,089 of 48,568
That Pulse tech supposedly gives tacticle bass feedback, some form of vibration/rumble. 

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #16,090 of 48,568
I saw uravgconsumer's review on them, and he says it's the best bass he's ever heard. Though he is a basshead...

Still, I've always been interested in hearing them, but I just don't buy pleather padded headphones.

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #16,091 of 48,568
Quote:
That Pulse tech supposedly gives tacticle bass feedback, some form of vibration...

The X1s can do that too 
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #16,092 of 48,568
Hey guys I have been reading this site for awhile. My problem is (good one) is I only wonder dre beats they kill my ears since I wear glasses during gaming. So I need better more comfortable headphones with better sound. I am open to buying a sound card like the creative Xr/zxr.

I know there are no good wireless or blue tooth my budget is under 500$. So far I read up on the
1. Berry mmx300 nice nice has a mic
2 What about the maddoggs by mr. Speakers?
http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?
main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13
https://www.mrspeakers.com/
Reviews:
https://www.mrspeakers.com/Mrspeakers-Mad-Dog-
Headphone-in-Media

3.Sony Madrid 1RNC orthe Bose quiet comfort15.

4. Sennheiser 363 se or 350

5. Steelseries

6. astro a50
People were mentioning amps if I got that crearive card would that suffice?

Guess wireless or bluetooth does not work. Was really looking forward to sitting far away from the computer using them instead of speakers for movies.

On the other hand someone mentioned the ue9000 Logitech.

I am mainly using this for gaming and then movies sometimes music. I would like to buy something today, and prefer to not buy a lot of external hardware

Thanks

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #16,094 of 48,568
Quote:
Hey guys I have been reading this site for awhile. My problem is (good one) is I only wonder dre beats they kill my ears since I wear glasses during gaming. So I need better more comfortable headphones with better sound. I am open to buying a sound card like the creative Xr/zxr.

I know there are no good wireless or blue tooth my budget is under 500$. So far I read up on the
1. Berry mmx300 nice nice has a mic
2 What about the maddoggs by mr. Speakers?
http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?
main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13
https://www.mrspeakers.com/
Reviews:
https://www.mrspeakers.com/Mrspeakers-Mad-Dog-
Headphone-in-Media

3.Sony Madrid 1RNC orthe Bose quiet comfort15.

4. Sennheiser 363 se or 350

5. Steelseries

6. astro a50
People were mentioning amps if I got that crearive card would that suffice?

Guess wireless or bluetooth does not work. Was really looking forward to sitting far away from the computer using them instead of speakers for movies.

On the other hand someone mentioned the ue9000 Logitech.

I am mainly using this for gaming and then movies sometimes music. I would like to buy something today, and prefer to not buy a lot of external hardware

Thanks

The skullcandy plyr?

Else, fidelio x1?

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #16,095 of 48,568
I'd prefer the Plyr over the A50, anyday of the week. The Slyr is better than both for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back