Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 17, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #39,722 of 48,562
Did anyone try the GSX 1000 with the HD 700?
Enough power?
I tested it with the HD660S which has the same specs as the HD700. My volume is set to 30 of 100 compared the new GSP 600 runs on 22 of 100. For gaming it is absolutely ok.

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #39,725 of 48,562
I'm using the GSX preset of EQ APO/HeSuVi and it's actually amazing what it does, same for the SBX preset. Using a Xonar U3 set to 7.1 with everything off, optical to my DAC. You can change to DHP, DA, DTS HPX and many more with just a click.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #39,726 of 48,562
I own the Beyer T90 headphones, but I'm not into FPS gaming.
How do other owners of the T90 like the headphone for FPS gaming?

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #39,730 of 48,562
Feb 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #39,731 of 48,562
I realised that resistance is futile so I stopped resisting and added one more Senn to my stable as I am collecting all the Senns that seem interesting to me anyway.
A headset this time. I heeded @pietcux recommendation who has both the GSP 600 and Game One and went for the GSP 600.
I hope I made the right choice between these two as I was set on the (closed) Game One at first and the review from MLE surely is very favorable.
It’s still a few weeks away from being back in stock so there’s still the possibility of changing.

@pietcux Have you been able to try them further with games?
How is the soundstage and positioning in your opinion?
How would you rate them in terms of competitive gaming (accurate positioning) and immersive gaming (fun) experience?
Any more comparisons with the Game One you can share?

@anyoneelse Who else has heard the GSP 600?

And damn, this is an intersting thread. If I’d be on holiday I’d read through the whole 2600+ pages! :)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #39,732 of 48,562
I realised that resistance is futile so I stopped resisting and added one more Senn to my stable as I am collecting all the Senns that seem interesting to me anyway.
A headset this time. I heeded @pietcux recommendation who has both the GSP 600 and Game One and went for the GSP 600.
I hope I made the right choice between these two as I was set on the (closed) Game One at first and the review from MLE surely is very favorable.
It’s still a few weeks away from being back in stock so there’s still the possibility of changing.

@pietcux Have you been able to try them further with games?
How is the soundstage and positioning in your opinion?
How would you rate them in terms of competitive gaming (accurate positioning) and immersive gaming (fun) experience?
Any more comparisons with the Game One you can share?

@anyoneelse Who else has heard the GSP 600?

And damn, this is an intersting thread. If I’d be on holiday I’d read through the whole 2600+ pages! :)
The Game One is open back, the GSP 600 is closed back. I was in need of a closed back, because my wife was annoyed by gaming noise, even through closed doors. I wanted to go for the Game Zero then, but the GSP 600 was announced just in time so I went that route. I played same MOH today using the GSX1000 as source set to 7.1.I find the GSP sound as open as the Game One, at least with surround activated.
So the games:
MOH very immersive and quite accurate BTW, both Dolby Atmos and Windows Sonic sound much worse than the Sennheiser GSX 1000 in this game.
GRWildlands very good sense of positioning
Titan Fall 2 campaign well done Respawn Entertainment and Sennheiser, the sound is mindblowing, especially all very low noises related to the interaction and action with the Titans..
Crysis 3 Very good, the immersion is very good, the graphics are a little better than the sound
COD Black Ops 3 very accurate and immersive
COD MW remaster quite accurate, the sound was not remastered.

Sound wise the Game Zero is not far behind, but the GSP600 is better, especially regarding bass, here the GSP is optimal, deep powerfull but not overpowered. I have cans which have more of it....

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #39,734 of 48,562
It's been a while since any comment has posted, but maybe I can get a reply.

Your guide is amazing, but since I only owned "gaming headsets" until now I have nothing to compare it with.
I was looking at the Beyer DT990 Pro (in combo with an Antlion Modmic V4). However I don't know anything about amplifiers.

Do I need one or 2 (in serie)? The Fiio E10K is affordable, but will it be enough to use voice chat and game?
Or Am I wasting cash on a too expensive setup if it's only for gaming with mic.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #39,735 of 48,562
It's been a while since any comment has posted, but maybe I can get a reply.

Your guide is amazing, but since I only owned "gaming headsets" until now I have nothing to compare it with.
I was looking at the Beyer DT990 Pro (in combo with an Antlion Modmic V4). However I don't know anything about amplifiers.

Do I need one or 2 (in serie)? The Fiio E10K is affordable, but will it be enough to use voice chat and game?
Or Am I wasting cash on a too expensive setup if it's only for gaming with mic.
The Sennheiser Gaming Headsets are serios stuff compared to the typical "Gaming" products out there. You could look at the GSP 300 for starters. They sound very good already. I find the built in mic simply more convenient than Headphone and mic separate. And they will run from your mainboard without any problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back