Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 8, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #32,761 of 48,562
I have used many headphones with the MixAmp. I do double amp with an 02. I have used DT990, HD598, SPH9500, X2, K7XX and currently AKG K553 Pro. And the 553 are very good IMO. They have excellent soundstage for a closed back headphone. And the imaging and positioning is great. Plus you get a nice amount of bass.

How would you compare k7xx and x2 for games and movies?

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #32,762 of 48,562
Well Battlefield has gone to schiit too. As for console fps my only hope is the new rainbow six.

That's the thing...you are playing it on a console lol. Join the PC Master Race and it's a different story. Seems like EA/Dice have shift focus on the PC a bit more lately than consoles.

Honestly, I still get a good time playing BF4. Everything feels just right already especially when playing in 40Hz and 60Hz servers.

Either that or I'm too good of a team player lol or too good overall.

Arrogance errgh lol

R6 beta was meh. The intensity was there but finding a game sometimes was taking forever and then I would get stuck because some player decided to leave and we're waiting for him or her to get ready and never started the match.

R6 was all bad. I think Ghost Recon Phantoms is a better game overall from Ubisoft even with its micro transaction stuff, which you don't really need to buy but does help.

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #32,763 of 48,562
Well, Killzone Shadow Fall was one of the best console FPS I've ever played. If only it wasn't so sluggish. Seriously, the input lag, slow acceleration and turn speed make the game feel so unresponsive. That and these anoying drones have ruined this otherwise great game. Destiny felt too repetitive and Hardline feels too much like BF4. I wish they made this game pistol only with all primary weapons being kept in trunk, with much less offensive gadgets. The part about the R6 I liked the most was lack of 'splosions every second or so. Most gadgests were defensive in their nature. That was a nice change from the 'splosions in Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I agree KZS was impressive, but the issues you mentioned were the same problems I had with the game. I think that because BFH feels too much like BF4 is why I still play it often, it's just its theme and lack of vehicles/weapons that leaves me somewhat disappointed. It's like the game was designed to entice sniping campers more than anything, hence the lack of vehicles available to clear them out like in BF4.

Because it's DICE and the shooting mechanics are similar to the BFs, tis' why I chose Battlefront as my pvp FPS this holiday season. I am rather skeptical, though, that it will be TOO casual like Hardline is. Still, it's freaking Star Wars... so... yeah :p

That's the thing...you are playing it on a console lol. Join the PC Master Race and it's a different story. Seems like EA/Dice have shift focus on the PC a bit more lately than consoles.

I can't play video games with a mouse/keyboard, so I'd be at a disadvantage if I played any FPS on PC. I'll just keep dealing with the peasant console race as I have all my gaming life. I find to be most relatable with the PS community, anyway, so there's that. PC is full of arrogant gaming mofos like you and Xbox is full of immature "that's what your mom said last night in my bed" fanboys :p

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #32,764 of 48,562
I love my TH900's (recently traded my hd800's for them) but not for gaming. The boomy bass tends to drown out footsteps and other sound markers while gaming. They are my perfect headphone for music listening but not my favorite gaming cans. For TOTL headphones that could also be great for gaming, the HD800 is unrivaled at this point in my experience.

Would love to hear the he1000's though, also, depending on price and reviews I will be purchasing an HD800s.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #32,765 of 48,562
Who's got Black Ops 3?

Rented it. Pretty decent campaign with a host of new options and tech, though I feel it wasn't as good as the ones before it. 4 player co-op seems nice though I played alone, because I prefer to play alone.

Dabbled just a touch in multiplayer, seems good, but again maps are too big and random. I miss classic 3 lane CoD where memorizing maps = better chance at being successful. Now it's just a cluster**** of rooms and lanes, and I just hate that.

Didn't touch Zombies, because I've never liked Horde mode in ANY game. I did try Nightmare which is a Zombie version of the campaign (must complete the game first), which is close to what I want them to do: A fully fleshed out Zombie campaign. Unfortunately, it's a bit just tacked on to what happens in the campaign, so I hope next time they do it, they actually make a legit Zombie campaign with a story akin to what they do in Zombie horde modes.

Anyways, returned the game, moving on to something else. CoD used to be my go to game back when it was a bit more simplistic. Now it's become too much, too big, and too messy for my taste.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #32,766 of 48,562
Dabbled just a touch in multiplayer, seems good, but again maps are too big and random. I miss classic 3 lane CoD where memorizing maps = better chance at being successful. Now it's just a cluster**** of rooms and lanes, and I just hate that.

I swear this is where most of the influx of sniping campers are coming from in Hardline. Since COD ridded the camping environments and maps are now designed to "run around like a chicken with your head cut off," they all came to Hardline to hide on the edge of conquest maps and snipe all day. It makes me rage like hell so much when I spawn in just to get sniped 2 seconds later.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #32,767 of 48,562
Well, to be fair, Battlefield has always been like that. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was my first FPS ever, and that was pre-CoD4, pre-CoD boom. All people did in BF2: MC was hide out on the map corners and snipe. That and tank/helicopter. I was one of few people I saw who used to run and gun and do well in that game, lol.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #32,768 of 48,562
Well, to be fair, Battlefield has always been like that. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was my first FPS ever, and that was pre-CoD4, pre-CoD boom. All people did in BF2: MC was hide out on the map corners and snipe. That and tank/helicopter. I was one of few people I saw who used to run and gun and do well in that game, lol.

Oh, you're totally right... it's just MUCH WORSE on Hardline. The lack of tanks/attack choppers leaves pretty much no counter-attack for all the sniping going on.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #32,769 of 48,562
Oh, you're totally right... it's just MUCH WORSE on Hardline. The lack of tanks/attack choppers leaves pretty much no counter-attack for all the sniping going on.

Tis' is why I prefer BF4 over the former mentioned. I have a variety of ways to attack the battlefield, depending on what the situation calls for. Blueberries actually PTFO in the game, too, something you rarely see on Hardline. Grrrrrr... makes me want to boot it up just to rage even more :p

Edit: yes, I just quoted myself haha

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #32,771 of 48,562
Just want to add to this bf discussion:

Fallout 4 baby.... Yaaaaa!

Well, we're talking about pvp FPS but since you bring that up...

yaaaaa!

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #32,773 of 48,562
So I dunno if it's me dying or something, but I seem to be irritated by the X2's headband now and I started getting a bald spot after a day of use. Looks like someone is gonna be happy with a basically new pair of X2s up for sale soon.

Looks like I'm gonna add standard headbands as something IO will avoid in the future and stick to clip on, neckband headphones.

I ordered an elusive pair of Sennheiser PMX95 to use. They're rare and not sold here, so had to go to Ebay for them. I'd prefer the MM100 since it's wireless, but that's even harder to get and there's like none to find now.

Here's hoping they use the drivers out of the PX100-II. Loved that sound.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #32,774 of 48,562
Lol, I know sorry. Do you guys gave any idea when ps4 fallout preload is supposed to start?

No idea, here. I usually buy disc games. Only way I would buy digital is if I played on PC where I never have to worry about 'backwards compatibility' on future gen upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back