Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 30, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #45,166 of 48,562
I’m thinking the same thing: get the P37x now (I don’t think I can wait 6 months for the 38x to come out) or get the newer drivers in the GSP 500 (look doesn’t bother me). I have heard tho that the GSP 500 dont really benefit much from an amp; I’m deciding between the Fulla and G6, think I will get Fulla.
Creative's site has Refurbished G6 for $80. Something to consider.

https://us.creative.com/p/refurbished/sound-blasterx-g6-b-stock

Sep 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #45,167 of 48,562
Not sure if anyone will get this, but what are your thoughts on transforming any headphone into a bluetooth headphone with the FiiO BTR5 and similar devices? They would work for gaming due to aptx ll and I guess to get the most out of battery life you would need some very easy to drive headphones. One feature I'm unsure of is the microphone quality on the BTR5 or even when a headset is connected to it.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #45,168 of 48,562
Creative's site has Refurbished G6 for $80. Something to consider.

https://us.creative.com/p/refurbished/sound-blasterx-g6-b-stock
I ended up ordering a G6 to see what I think of it. Depending on what the PS5 has will determine if I keep it or get something different. Schiit stack has really interested me too because I enjoy listening to music and discovering new nuances in songs that I’ve heard thousands of times and hearing things i never heard in them.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #45,169 of 48,562
Hello everyone. Thx to mad lust for a great review like this.

I have used logitech g930, kingston hyperx cloud 2 before. For a year, using sennheiser hd599 with creative omni sound blaster and zalman mic.

I'm mostly gaming and its generally competitive fps games like warzone. I love how hd 599 sounds. Mids are great, positional audio is enough and I enjoy using it in films and listening lossless audio with being so alive.

But problem is i need a microphone yet zalman nc1 one is making cables complex and ruining comfort.

What do you suggest me to do? Should i go wireless? I cant afford more than 300 bucks

I was thinking to going for a headset. What do you think about steelseries arctis pro and gamedac. Can get them for 200 bucks.

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #45,170 of 48,562
are planars better than dynamics for gaming?

Hello everyone. Thx to mad lust for a great review like this.

I have used logitech g930, kingston hyperx cloud 2 before. For a year, using sennheiser hd599 with creative omni sound blaster and zalman mic.

I'm mostly gaming and its generally competitive fps games like warzone. I love how hd 599 sounds. Mids are great, positional audio is enough and I enjoy using it in films and listening lossless audio with being so alive.

But problem is i need a microphone yet zalman nc1 one is making cables complex and ruining comfort.

What do you suggest me to do? Should i go wireless? I cant afford more than 300 bucks

I was thinking to going for a headset. What do you think about steelseries arctis pro and gamedac. Can get them for 200 bucks.

you could try the new PC38X if you really want a mic

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #45,171 of 48,562
are planars better than dynamics for gaming?
There's no right or wrong answer there. Headphone to headphone basis. I do vastly prefer planar over dynamic for practically everything, however.

Oct 1, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #45,174 of 48,562
what makes you like them more? Bass response and clarity?
It's almost impossible to mess up planar bass response. The driver size is on a whole other level from dynamic drivers. Planars tend to sound more organic and lifelike.

Dynamic drivers tend to do better in terms of soundstage width and air, but planars have better depth and imaging.

I think aside from soundstaging, I doubt most people would choose dynamic over planar. You actually feel the movement of air on a planar when the bass hits. It's surreal.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #45,175 of 48,562
Not sure if anyone will get this, but what are your thoughts on transforming any headphone into a bluetooth headphone with the FiiO BTR5 and similar devices? They would work for gaming due to aptx ll and I guess to get the most out of battery life you would need some very easy to drive headphones. One feature I'm unsure of is the microphone quality on the BTR5 or even when a headset is connected to it.

Do it. I have a BTR3K strapped to my X2HR headphones. I feed the output of a Magni 3 to a BT transmitter > BTR3K. AptX-LL. I've also tried it from the output of a Creative Soundblaster G5 with great results. To get the most out of battery life, I max out the volume on my Magni 3 and then I usually keep the BTR3K around 25-27 volume (max is 32). I wanted the BTR5 but due to size and weight I think it would have been too heavy to strap to my headphones. I've read the BT signal is much more stable on the BTR3K, but don't know if that's completely true. Not sure of max battery life, but it's gone 5-6 hours without issue. Haven't played longer than that to see just how much life I can get from it.

I can't speak for the mic quality, as I use a modmic wireless, which I also fully recommend if you want a fully wireless BT setup.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #45,176 of 48,562
Well its not available for now and I bet it wont cost less than 200 bucks with shipping and taxes.

What do you think about hyperx cloud s, g pro x and arctis pro + gamedac?

i have no idea

i only use headphones, but if i were to use headsets, i'd always use models from Sennheiser, like the one i mentioned, ir the Game One

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #45,177 of 48,562
Do it. I have a BTR3K strapped to my X2HR headphones. I feed the output of a Magni 3 to a BT transmitter > BTR3K. AptX-LL. I've also tried it from the output of a Creative Soundblaster G5 with great results. To get the most out of battery life, I max out the volume on my Magni 3 and then I usually keep the BTR3K around 25-27 volume (max is 32). I wanted the BTR5 but due to size and weight I think it would have been too heavy to strap to my headphones. I've read the BT signal is much more stable on the BTR3K, but don't know if that's completely true. Not sure of max battery life, but it's gone 5-6 hours without issue. Haven't played longer than that to see just how much life I can get from it.

I can't speak for the mic quality, as I use a modmic wireless, which I also fully recommend if you want a fully wireless BT setup.
Ayy, I'm also using a ModMic wireless, but still using wired for my T50rps! I've been trying to figure out which bluetooth receiver to use with it, but the problem is that the T50s are a bit harder to drive compared to other headphones. If you need 25-27 with a max of 32 on the BTR3K with the X2s, I'm going to assume I would have to up my power to the BTR5 which with the size and weight would make comfort a real problem. It would also probably affect battery life as well to keep it at a higher volume.

Also, I used to use the Fidelio X2s with a wired ModMic and I loved how I didn't even need to use the base clamps with it and that the magnet worked on the mesh. Meant you had full range of placement on them bad boys. Had to return the X2s due to quality control issues tho. Are you using a base clamp or just sticking that ModMic wireless to the mesh? The ModMic wireless is only a bit heavier than the wired mod mics so I assume it should still be okay.

Oct 1, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #45,178 of 48,562
Ayy, I'm also using a ModMic wireless, but still using wired for my T50rps! I've been trying to figure out which bluetooth receiver to use with it, but the problem is that the T50s are a bit harder to drive compared to other headphones. If you need 25-27 with a max of 32 on the BTR3K with the X2s, I'm going to assume I would have to up my power to the BTR5 which with the size and weight would make comfort a real problem. It would also probably affect battery life as well to keep it at a higher volume.

Also, I used to use the Fidelio X2s with a wired ModMic and I loved how I didn't even need to use the base clamps with it and that the magnet worked on the mesh. Meant you had full range of placement on them bad boys. Had to return the X2s due to quality control issues tho. Are you using a base clamp or just sticking that ModMic wireless to the mesh? The ModMic wireless is only a bit heavier than the wired mod mics so I assume it should still be okay.

I use the clasp that it comes with. I don't think you can stick the mic directly to the mesh because the clasp is the magnet. You need it to hold the mic in place.

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #45,179 of 48,562
I use the clasp that it comes with. I don't think you can stick the mic directly to the mesh because the clasp is the magnet. You need it to hold the mic in place.
That's strange, both the base clasp and the clasp on the ModMic wireless are magnetic. I remember using the ModMic on the X2 directly without the base clasp which was convenient since they charge like $8 + shipping for just 3 base clasps. The mesh should be a metal that magnets can stick to. Try just sticking it on the mesh because I'm sure it should be able to stick and you can probably use the base clasp with another headphone! From what I remember it didn't scratch the metal, but if you're afraid of that, that's understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back