[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 6, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #482 of 1,324
I'm not using a usb hub, I'm going directly from my laptop usb out. I use my headphone out for headphones and simultaneously use the line out for my stereo receiver to my speakers. On a side note, the E10 + Fischer FA-011 = bass heaven

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #485 of 1,324
I'm sure it is.  I have an IDT High Definition Audio card (HP laptop) as well.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #486 of 1,324
Just got the E10 today, and It has a great synergy with my Denon D5000 , they just came alive 
L3000.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #488 of 1,324
Hi all, I ordered the E10 after reading this thread amongst others. Like some people have mentioned in this thread my headphone jack is a little "scratchy" when moved around, sometimes resulting in audio drops. The sound is fine if the unit is kept relatively still. When the jack is plugged in it does seem a little loose and can be "wobbled" around a bit, not sure if this is just down to the build quality or what?

Another issue I've noticed is when using Foobar, there is a tiny audio delay/fade in at the beginning of every new track played. This is not down to any of the settings/buffering etc as I've experimented with them all, and it sounds fine when using my laptop soundcard. Also this does not occur when using the E10 with any other software, so it must be Foobar at fault.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Many thanks, Jay

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #489 of 1,324
Hi. How does the E10 compare to the soundcard on a MacBook Pro? I have an ATH M50 and I'm wondering if the E10 will make a noticeable difference. I've just started my .flac collection and I listen mostly to alternative rock and classical music.

Also, is a Shure SE210 is too sensitive for the E10?

Peter

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #491 of 1,324
I received the E10 today, and a noise got me worried. Has anyone else noticed a low frequency, but easily audible buzz like a small idling motor present in both the headphone out and the line out? Through the headphone out it becomes audible and distracting around volume setting 2, louder in the right channel, and gets pretty loud by maximum volume. From the line out it's easily heard through my speakers.

It's there with different usb ports, usb cables and audio settings. Sample rate setting seems to change the buzz frequency a little, but the volume stays the same. Bit depth does nothing. My uDac2 has no noises in the same setup, totally silent background. Otherwise the E10 sounds clearer and less harsh compared (just quick impressions). Any help or experiences appreciated!

Ahh, a quick update: I finally received my replacement E10 (this one's from the second batch) and the noise is gone! Was obviously just a bad unit. This one is silent all the way to maximum volume (and thankfully silent only when nothing's playing!). Thanks to everyone on this thread and specifically ClieOS for helping me convince myself to try a replacement and not just get a refund and move on... The uDac2 is facing retirement!

Hi. How does the E10 compare to the soundcard on a MacBook Pro? I have an ATH M50 and I'm wondering if the E10 will make a noticeable difference. I've just started my .flac collection and I listen mostly to alternative rock and classical music.

At least with my Ultrasones I definitely notice a difference from the macbook soundcard (and even the uDac2). The E10 has the cleanest sound, most defined instruments, most depth and warmth (the best description I can give for now, not being very experienced hi-fi reviewer :rolleyes:).

The uDac2 headphone output sounds more gritty, and I actually found one (1!) sound where I liked it: a saxophone solo in a Pink Floyd song. But saxophone should sound gritty, you know? Everything else considered it's bye bye uDac2, hello E10.

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #493 of 1,324
I have an E9, and I am trying to decide if I should buy E7 or E10 to go with it, apparently I don't care about the amp section of either. I see that they both have the same DAC chip, E7 can do 16/44 and E9 can do 24/96. The thing is everyone said the DAC section of E10 is and sounds better than E7. Is it really the case? or just hype? I just cannot believe the two DACs based on the same chip can sound that much different.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #494 of 1,324

Quote:
I have an E9, and I am trying to decide if I should buy E7 or E10 to go with it, apparently I don't care about the amp section of either. I see that they both have the same DAC chip, E7 can do 16/44 and E9 can do 24/96. The thing is everyone said the DAC section of E10 is and sounds better than E7. Is it really the case? or just hype? I just cannot believe the two DACs based on the same chip can sound that much different.

Sounds way better to me... I don't know about the same chip or not, but it sounds much much better than the E7/E9 combo to me.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #495 of 1,324

Quote:
Hi all, I ordered the E10 after reading this thread amongst others. Like some people have mentioned in this thread my headphone jack is a little "scratchy" when moved around, sometimes resulting in audio drops. The sound is fine if the unit is kept relatively still. When the jack is plugged in it does seem a little loose and can be "wobbled" around a bit, not sure if this is just down to the build quality or what?

If you are having problems with the plug (that is, noise or losing channels audio), I would just ask for a replacement. That's what I did.and I had no problems so far with the 2nd E10, when with the first one I had to spend 1-2 minutes moving the Jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back