[Impression] FiiO E10
Mar 18, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #1,321 of 1,324
I have recently bought a new desktop PC and I seem to hear what my PC is doing through my E10. Every time I open a program, I hear a a whole load of popping, crackling and hissing. It reminds my of the sounds my old laptop made when it was working hard. The E10 didn't have this problem with my old desktop PC. The USB 3.0 on this new one seems to bring all the PC noise to the E10. It is very noticeable throught the line out going to my amplifier and hi-fi speakers. Not quite as much with my headphones using the E10 headphone amplifier.

Does anyone know why this could be? I also have the FiiO D03K and I notices that it made a big difference to the sound depending on where I plugged the USB cable to power it into. If I plugged that into my PC, The sound from the DAC had similar sounds to what my PC produces now. If I plugged the DAC into a my portable USB charger, that seemed to be the quietest option.

However with the E10, I have not other option as the input for the sound and the power is the same mini USB cable that pluggs into my PC. I just don't know why this PC lets so much more of the internal noise go thought the USB ports compared to my old one. I also thought the E10s job it to filter this noise out. I'm not really sure what could be a better option.

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1,322 of 1,324
I have recently bought a new desktop PC and I seem to hear what my PC is doing through my E10. Every time I open a program, I hear a a whole load of popping, crackling and hissing. It reminds my of the sounds my old laptop made when it was working hard. The E10 didn't have this problem with my old desktop PC. The USB 3.0 on this new one seems to bring all the PC noise to the E10. It is very noticeable throught the line out going to my amplifier and hi-fi speakers. Not quite as much with my headphones using the E10 headphone amplifier.

Does anyone know why this could be? I also have the FiiO D03K and I notices that it made a big difference to the sound depending on where I plugged the USB cable to power it into. If I plugged that into my PC, The sound from the DAC had similar sounds to what my PC produces now. If I plugged the DAC into a my portable USB charger, that seemed to be the quietest option.

However with the E10, I have not other option as the input for the sound and the power is the same mini USB cable that pluggs into my PC. I just don't know why this PC lets so much more of the internal noise go thought the USB ports compared to my old one. I also thought the E10s job it to filter this noise out. I'm not really sure what could be a better option.

My first experience was with 2 E10's and I had nothing but noticeable noise and Fiio was being difficult about helping me with them. So since then I have moved on to better brands for the same or slightly more money and couldn't of been happier...  

Got a Audioengine D1 from a Head-fi member for $50 and it changed what I used on a daily basis... The E10's are collecting dust in the bottom of my trashcan.

I recently picked up a Objective2/ODAC combo and love this even MORE than the D1, but the D1 is still my go to at work or on my laptop...

Sure this is more than the E10 but even used I've seen these for about 180 which isn't bad for the level of amp/DAC your getting... Heck you can build one yourself for less money still...

Bottom line is there are better options out there w/o killing your wallet. Just need to look. 

Oct 11, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,323 of 1,324
Hello.
I have a e10k usb C version.Sadly is not recognized by windows any more.My previous motherboard died and it broke with it my dac.
I can power it on,the light turns on but thats it.
Can i repair it somehow by myself? I can post picturres with theboard if necesery.
Thx

Oct 11, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #1,324 of 1,324
Hello.
I have a e10k usb C version.Sadly is not recognized by windows any more.My previous motherboard died and it broke with it my dac.
I can power it on,the light turns on but thats it.
Can i repair it somehow by myself? I can post picturres with theboard if necesery.
Thx

Most likely your motherboard shorted out something in the E10k and burned either the USB receiver chip or one of the caps near the USB power input. You will need to know some basic electronic diagnostic skills, a multi-meter, and SMD soldering skill/tools to repair it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back