[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 11, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #511 of 1,324

Quote:
Look like the built quality or durability of Fiio E10s are unstable, I will wait until the third batch or fourth batch. Meanwhile I will buy a good headphone such as Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 and Audio-Technica usually is known as do not need a good amp to play most of potentiality.

I have read the review of Fiio E10 on heafonia.com and Mike said that the Fiio E10 has good and bright soundstage so it could support well for AD900. Does anyone please confirm this?

I wouldn't worry about the quality too much.  Mine is from the first batch and is perfect.  If you have a local shop just get it and return it if its messed up, which is unlikely. 

The AD900 don't need much amping, but will surely beneift from the DAC.  The E10 would probably pair well with the AD900, especially since it has a bass boost and a smooth sound.  It will add some depth to the soundstage.  I don't know what you mean by "bright soundstage"? 

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #512 of 1,324
Oh I am sorry for my bad English, I mean open soundstage not bright soundstage.

I really like Fiio E10 because it is easy to use, appropriate price for a beginner like me and it is good too. The owner of the shop near my house stated that Fiio E10 has one year warranty so I hope it will be okey for me to buy it and if something bad occurs to it, I can change another one.

Another solution is I will buy E10 + E9 as a combo so that I can bypass the E10's issue such as distorted sound, cable or jack problem but it will cost me more surely. However it is a good combo for a long term use.

Anyway, thanks chicolom.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #513 of 1,324

Quote:
Oh I am sorry for my bad English, I mean open soundstage not bright soundstage.

I really like Fiio E10 because it is easy to use, appropriate price for a beginner like me and it is good too. The owner of the shop near my house stated that Fiio E10 has one year warranty so I hope it will be okey for me to buy it and if something bad occurs to it, I can change another one.

Another solution is I will buy E10 + E9 as a combo so that I can bypass the E10's issue such as distorted sound, cable or jack problem but it will cost me more surely. However it is a good combo for a long term use.

Anyway, thanks chicolom.

Your welcome.  However, I wanted to point out that the E9 has high output impedance which makes it a bad pairing for low impedance headphones such as the AD900.  The E10 should match better with AD900s then E10 + E9

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #515 of 1,324
Technically you can use E9 for whatever you want, be it IEMs or portable headphones. The 47ohm (10ohm for the 1/4 jack) is too high for most headphones except one with an impedance of 600ohm (80ohm if you used the big jack).

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #517 of 1,324

Quote:
Mine is the second batch. I am beginning to think the problem only occurs with headphones that have a mic built in for use with the iPhone. This was mentioned by an earlier poster.

Not only mentioned by some,but confirmed by Fiio as well.I'm too lazy to look it up and quote though.

On another note,i have this tiny beauty for nearly a week now but i avoided writing anything since i'm using it with low impedance stuff.My thoughts have already been written by you guys,the soundstage improvement etc.But i'd really like to emphasize how awesome this dac's instrument seperation is,compared to onboard realtek.Seriously it's night and day.Although the difference in other areas might not be dramatic,the seperation really is miles better.One last thing is the bass boost.Despite reading how good it is,i was skeptical about how clear it can be.Believe me,it does not muddy up the sound at all.Now with a medium bass headphone like Samson SR850,it gives the headphone a fresh breath of air without overpowering other frequencies.But like i said it's hard to make samson sr850's bass overpowering.The real surprise was with a bass heavy(and sensitive) iem like shure se215.I was already thinking that they had enough bass but boy was i wrong.The bass got tighter,better controlled without being muddy even one bit(not deeper though,since 215 is not able to produce sub bass).Sooo,yeah;these are my thoughts about this little value model.Now i'm itching for a portable haha

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #518 of 1,324

Quote:
Mine is the second batch. I am beginning to think the problem only occurs with headphones that have a mic built in for use with the iPhone. This was mentioned by an earlier poster.

Not really.

I tested my first E10 with Edition 8 and LCD-2, and we can agree that those headphones are not build for iphone, nor are of bad quality. I had the awful lose of channels issue no matter what I did. The 2nd E10 is working ok so far

Quote:
Technically you can use E9 for whatever you want, be it IEMs or portable headphones. The 47ohm (10ohm for the 1/4 jack) is too high for most headphones except one with an impedance of 600ohm (80ohm if you used the big jack).

You can, however I don't see the point of having an E9+E10 combo if you are not going to plug hard-to-drive headphones

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #521 of 1,324
I have been using the FIIO E10 for over a week now with the HD800. I am forced to use the FIIO because i am out of town and cant carry my desktop rig. Anyway the E10 does a very good job with the HD800. It is very much listenable and has loads of power. I use low gain setting and mostly listen between 3-4 in the dial. Maybe lacking a bit of refinement but it doesnt bother me. It is still high quality for the price.  

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #522 of 1,324
I have been using the FIIO E10 for over a week now with the HD800. I am forced to use the FIIO because i am out of town and cant carry my desktop rig. Anyway the E10 does a very good job with the HD800. It is very much listenable and has loads of power. I use low gain setting and mostly listen between 3-4 in the dial. Maybe lacking a bit of refinement but it doesnt bother me. It is still high quality for the price.  

Which desktop rig do you use? How does it compare to the E10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #523 of 1,324
Had the 2nd batch E10 for about 2 weeks now and had been loving it but today started having the distortion problem. The jack seems really loose, and now anything played through the E10 is really distorted. I am pretty positive it is a jack problem b/c messing with the jack can solve the distortion, but then when I let go it starts distorting again. Anyone else had this happen with non-iphone capable headphones on the 2nd batch? I've emailed Micca to see if they've had probs with this 2nd batch as well, will probably have to return mine...

(fyi i use senn hd 25-1s and have e10 plugged in my macbook)

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #524 of 1,324

Quote:
Had the 2nd batch E10 for about 2 weeks now and had been loving it but today started having the distortion problem. The jack seems really loose, and now anything played through the E10 is really distorted. I am pretty positive it is a jack problem b/c messing with the jack can solve the distortion, but then when I let go it starts distorting again. Anyone else had this happen with non-iphone capable headphones on the 2nd batch? I've emailed Micca to see if they've had probs with this 2nd batch as well, will probably have to return mine...

(fyi i use senn hd 25-1s and have e10 plugged in my macbook)

problems with plug? return/exchange it.

I think they really screwed up with the plug they are using. I have not read anywhere that they changed the plug from batch 1 to 2.

My 2nd E10 doesn't have this plug problem, thanks god.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #525 of 1,324
Quote:
problems with plug? return/exchange it.

I think they really screwed up with the plug they are using. I have not read anywhere that they changed the plug from batch 1 to 2.

My 2nd E10 doesn't have this plug problem, thanks god.

Hmm, you'd think they would of fixed the issue b/c I read people had this issue with 1st batch. Is yours (or anyone elses) headphone jack loose though? I agree it seems they messed up in having such a loose/wobley headphone jack. Really annoying 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back