[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #496 of 1,324

Quote:
I have an E9, and I am trying to decide if I should buy E7 or E10 to go with it, apparently I don't care about the amp section of either. I see that they both have the same DAC chip, E7 can do 16/44 and E9 can do 24/96. The thing is everyone said the DAC section of E10 is and sounds better than E7. Is it really the case? or just hype? I just cannot believe the two DACs based on the same chip can sound that much different.

E10 DAC is better, amp is better, and supports 24/96, just go for E10 if you don't care por portable or docking.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #497 of 1,324
This type of comment always cannot convince me. yes, E10 should be better than E7, but better than E7/E9 combo? I thought E9 is a much better amp than the one on E10.

Quote:
Quote:
I have an E9, and I am trying to decide if I should buy E7 or E10 to go with it, apparently I don't care about the amp section of either. I see that they both have the same DAC chip, E7 can do 16/44 and E9 can do 24/96. The thing is everyone said the DAC section of E10 is and sounds better than E7. Is it really the case? or just hype? I just cannot believe the two DACs based on the same chip can sound that much different.

Sounds way better to me... I don't know about the same chip or not, but it sounds much much better than the E7/E9 combo to me.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #498 of 1,324
I don't care about the amp section. yes, E10 may have better DAC on paper, but how about actual listening, especially when they are used as DAC only connected to the same amp? Since I have E9, E7 may have better form factor because of the dock on E9.

Quote:
Quote:

E10 DAC is better, amp is better, and supports 24/96, just go for E10 if you don't care por portable or docking.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #499 of 1,324
E9 is a more power amp than the one in E10, but its highish output impedance ruins it for lower impedance cans or IEMs. E10 is better in that way.

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #502 of 1,324
Quote:
E9 is a more power amp than the one in E10, but its highish output impedance ruins it for lower impedance cans or IEMs. E10 is better in that way.

Every time anyone says this I die a little inside.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #503 of 1,324
Can someone testify that by using the FiiO 10 that hooks to the power ( active monitors) speakers that will not distort or damage the active monitor?

My recent set up is:   HP all-in-one touch PC ( headphone jack out ) to M Audio BX5a deluxe. I want to use the Fiio 10 as a DAC only between the PC and the active monitors.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #504 of 1,324
E10 acts like a sound card, so it won't damage your active speakers.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #505 of 1,324

Quote:
Can someone testify that by using the FiiO 10 that hooks to the power ( active monitors) speakers that will not distort or damage the active monitor?

My recent set up is:   HP all-in-one touch PC ( headphone jack out ) to M Audio BX5a deluxe. I want to use the Fiio 10 as a DAC only between the PC and the active monitors.

No damage would occur :] currently feeding my Promedia 2.1 with the E10 Line out

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #506 of 1,324
Just picked up my E10 initially experienced the jack problem with distorted sound and volume drops when using cheap ifrogz headphones. Had same experience with apple phones. Plugged in my ATM-H50s and the problem went away. Wondered if some of the problems people are finding is with very cheap headphone jacks.

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #507 of 1,324

Quote:
Just picked up my E10 initially experienced the jack problem with distorted sound and volume drops when using cheap ifrogz headphones. Had same experience with apple phones. Plugged in my ATM-H50s and the problem went away. Wondered if some of the problems people are finding is with very cheap headphone jacks.

Oh may I ask a question please. Did you buy Fiio E10 the first batch or the second batch?

I have noticed these complaints about distorted sound, headphone jacks issue, the cable is unstable. I really want to buy Fiio E10 at the shop near my house but I am afraid I have to wait until they sell Fiio E10 the second batch. Hopefully there is no issue in the second batch.

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #508 of 1,324
Hi, I believe I have one of the new batch with the "Bass - On/Off" (Type C in the graphic posted earlier in the thread) though someone please correct me if that's wrong.

I'm still undecided on this issue. I'm using Alessandro MS-1 cans so not exactly a cheap jack.

The problem is intermittent and only occurs when there is a lot of movement in the unit, but it is still frustrating.

Just for comparison I can fiddle the jack around in my laptop socket constantly without any affect.

I purchased my E10 from Amazon so I think I will try and contact them to see about getting a replacement as I love this unit.

I was skeptical before buying a headphone amp which is why went for a more low end model, but using Foobar/WASAPI to play my Flac files I notice a definate improvement when compared to my standard laptop soundcard (which is apparently "Dolby HD" or something)

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #509 of 1,324
Look like the built quality or durability of Fiio E10s are unstable, I will wait until the third batch or fourth batch. Meanwhile I will buy a good headphone such as Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 and Audio-Technica usually is known as do not need a good amp to play most of potentiality.

I have read the review of Fiio E10 on heafonia.com and Mike said that the Fiio E10 has good and bright soundstage so it could support well for AD900. Does anyone please confirm this?

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #510 of 1,324

Quote:

I have a feelling you are using a headphone with a built in mic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back