[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 5, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #466 of 1,324
Quote:

Sure. I think they do pretty good with the Q701 for the price.  Enough to get them up and running.  A nice improvement over the sound care for sure.  Both certainly have enough power/volume for the Q701, but I haven't heard anything else to compare their quality with. 

I'll have an HRT Music Streamer II and a Matrix M-Stage in the next couple weeks, so I'll have to compare them. 

For the price, I think the E10 is a very nice little box.

Thank you for your answer. However I am a little confused here. What is the difference between K701 and Q701? I have already known that Q means Quincy Jones but does this version have better quality or it is just an edition with a new look or a new name? In addition, many people said that it is hard to choose a right Amp to drive AKG-K701's performance? Sound like your combo is my wish now ^^.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #467 of 1,324
Well so far the E10 has had great synergy with every IEM/headphone I've thrown at it. I've hit it with the FA-011, TF10, FXT90, GR07, 7550 and my custom 1964-Q.

Now, most of these phones I have used the E10's output going into the E9 amp's input. Wonderful soundstage and just the right amount of warmth and instrument separation with all (of course, some phones do better than others).

The two phones that really shine with the E10 are the FA-011 (E10/E9 combo) and my 1964-Q. Ironically, I prefer listening to my custom Quad IEM plugged straight into the E10. It gives the IEM very nice spacing, deepness and glorious detail. One of the best investments I've ever made in audio that not an IEM or headphone (will probably test it with the M-50 tonight).

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #469 of 1,324
Dec 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #470 of 1,324

Quote:
Well so far the E10 has had great synergy with every IEM/headphone I've thrown at it. I've hit it with the FA-011, TF10, FXT90, GR07, 7550 and my custom 1964-Q.

Now, most of these phones I have used the E10's output going into the E9 amp's input. Wonderful soundstage and just the right amount of warmth and instrument separation with all (of course, some phones do better than others).

The two phones that really shine with the E10 are the FA-011 (E10/E9 combo) and my 1964-Q. Ironically, I prefer listening to my custom Quad IEM plugged straight into the E10. It gives the IEM very nice spacing, deepness and glorious detail. One of the best investments I've ever made in audio that not an IEM or headphone (will probably test it with the M-50 tonight).

What output music source are you using for these comparisons?  (Computer/iTunes, portable device - ipod, etc...)

Looking forward to your review of the M50's  with E10/E9 combo and also plugged directly into E10

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #471 of 1,324
Real shame these aren't readily available in Romania, i'll try to find another outside dealer or get them through a friend in Germany and hope they're fine so i don't have any return problems.
Eagerly expecting to listen to them though :)

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #472 of 1,324

Quote:

What output music source are you using for these comparisons?  (Computer/iTunes, portable device - ipod, etc...)

Looking forward to your review of the M50's  with E10/E9 combo and also plugged directly into E10

Just my my iMac desktop (three years old...320gb....I don't know which soundcard is in it)...through iTunes (most current version).

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #474 of 1,324
So I've also had the distortion problem using the headphone out. I've noticed that the distortion is exacerbated when I have the line-out plugged in, and it's not as strong when I unplug it. As was said before, unplugging the usb solves the problem temporarily, but it's quite annoying to have to keep doing that. Anyone have a clue what's wrong? The sound from the line-out is beautiful, but I want to use the headphone output without all this hassle.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #475 of 1,324

Quote:
So I've also had the distortion problem using the headphone out. I've noticed that the distortion is exacerbated when I have the line-out plugged in, and it's not as strong when I unplug it. As was said before, unplugging the usb solves the problem temporarily, but it's quite annoying to have to keep doing that. Anyone have a clue what's wrong? The sound from the line-out is beautiful, but I want to use the headphone output without all this hassle.

Your not going through a usb hub?

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #476 of 1,324
Dec 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #477 of 1,324

Quote:

While E10 is USB 24/96, it can't be asychronous. If it was, wouldn't FiiO advertise that feature? I read asychronous transfer would need proprietary drivers.

I don't own the E10...I was just curious if it was asychronous (digitally clocked), as my Musical Fidelity Vlink is Asyncronous as it makes a huge difference when transferring USB to SPDIF.  The clocking keeps the data in sync, resulting in clearer cleaner sound from computer USB.

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #478 of 1,324

Quote:

While E10 is USB 24/96, it can't be asychronous. If it was, wouldn't FiiO advertise that feature? I read asychronous transfer would need proprietary drivers.

I'm sorry, you're correct....I just saw 24/96, not asychronous... That's all I was saying yes to @ cute>>> 24/96 
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #479 of 1,324

Quote:

Real quick with the M50 and the E10 (haven't had much time with these two but I'm listing to the M50 directly from the E10): The E10 really tightens up the bass and brings the mids more forward. I don't sense, however, the nice space between instruments as I do with the FA-011. Treble is tamed and clarity is boosted (especially in vocals). the M50 kind of sounds like a headphone SM3 to me (but not as warm or as close to a person as the SM3). You are put close to the music. It's different but sounds nice. I'll try to the E10/E9 combro tomorrow. The mids were a bit too much recessed for me wit the M50...but not at all when playing it through the E10.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #480 of 1,324

Quote:

Wait a minute. Did you use the line out for headphone or you use the headphone out for headphone? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back