[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #436 of 1,324

Quote:
Sorry, yes, the term "dedicated sound card", in the pc realm, referres to a add-in card like the Asus. In my case, it's a Creative X-Fi xtremegamer. I have been looking at amp/dac combo's in the $200 and less range, and this seems like the popular option. I've also looked at the little dot mkII and the ibasso d2+ boa. Using these on a set of Grado 325is by the way.

Another quick question, how long is the usb cable that comes with this amp? I would look it up myself, but the site is blocked at work.

Your Creative X-Fi xtremegamer is a suitable sound card for games and movies but it could play music fine, not so good not so bad I mean it is so so when you use it to play many kinds of music.

For your question I think the original Fiio E10 USB cable is about 1.5-1.8m.

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #437 of 1,324

Quote:
I just changed out the USB cable I was using with the E10--sounds a TON better. Definitely worth the investment!

Quote:
Changed it out to what?

Quote:
Oh, I am very curious about what USB cable you changed. Did you use the original USB Cable with Fiio E10 or you used other better USB cable such as gold-plate USB Cable. Please confirm this because I know the original USB cable with E10 is good but not best. If you replaced it with better USB cable then I should do the same ^^.

Oh by the way, may I ask Fiio E10 uses synchronize USB cable or asynchronize USB ?

Also waiting for this answer . . . would changing the stock usb cable really make a difference in sound / performance??

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #438 of 1,324

Quote:
Sorry, yes, the term "dedicated sound card", in the pc realm, referres to a add-in card like the Asus. In my case, it's a Creative X-Fi xtremegamer. I have been looking at amp/dac combo's in the $200 and less range, and this seems like the popular option. I've also looked at the little dot mkII and the ibasso d2+ boa. Using these on a set of Grado 325is by the way.

Another quick question, how long is the usb cable that comes with this amp? I would look it up myself, but the site is blocked at work.

Approx.  100 cm /40 inches/.  And while E10 is great playing with my HD598 I couldn't find any real benefit with MS1i. But being honest after I paired it with HD 598 I didn't give my other cans a chance. Maybe later I'll give them another try but for now I'm stucked.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #439 of 1,324

Quote:
Love my E10 for my laptop setup. Only one issue.

When I leave my computer a significant amount of time (10-15mins) and come back, the sound has quite a bit of static in it. I have to disconnect and reconnect the device in order for it to work properly. I haven't figured this one out yet. Every power saving configuration is turned off (usb suspending, ext.) so I cant figure out what would be causing it.

Have you figured it out yet?
Just got my E10 today (ordered from Amazon.co.uk) and I'm having the same issue. A simple reconnect fixes the problem straight away
confused.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #440 of 1,324
At last, I finally got my E10 from mp4nation. I bought these mainly for use with my speakers (M Audio AV40), and at first I did not know whether the new sound was due to just increase in volume or improved quality, but it soon became pretty clear. The E10 has imbued life into these speakers! The sound is much clearer and instrument separation is now astounding. Very happy with these.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #441 of 1,324
I just got mine also, I am really happy that the slight hiss that came from my Macbook pro's audio jack is finally gone thanks to the E10. I am also still shocked by how small it is...really doesn't look that small in photos, hard to tell how small it is until you see one in person

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #442 of 1,324

Quote:
At last, I finally got my E10 from mp4nation. I bought these mainly for use with my speakers (M Audio AV40), and at first I did not know whether the new sound was due to just increase in volume or improved quality, but it soon became pretty clear. The E10 has imbued life into these speakers! The sound is much clearer and instrument separation is now astounding. Very happy with these.

[size=10.5pt]I think the instrument separation is where E10 shines. That's why it is good partner  with HD 598 let alone dedicated speakers. Personally I can't find any big improvement over my sansa clip SQ but only additional space between instruments. And that's what makes sound clearer. Also I think E10 doesn't make the soundstage wider, it affects [/size]its deepness. But once again the musical perception is personal so it could be just me.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #443 of 1,324
Just got my E10. Quite suprised that they are so small yet have a lot of power.  I am driving my HD800 and i dont even feel the need to use the hi gain mode.. They are quite loud in lo gain mode..

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #444 of 1,324
Wasapi is louder than regular DS. Wasapi also bit brighter to me, make those treble happy record a tad sharp. Wasapi separation a tad better, but that could be because the volume difference (wasapi is like, twice louder than regular ds), or maybe placebo effect.

Quote:
Is anyone feeling any improvement by using WASAPI vs the regular DS on Foobar with the E10 ?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #445 of 1,324

Quote:
Just got my E10. Quite suprised that they are so small yet have a lot of power.  I am driving my HD800 and i dont even feel the need to use the hi gain mode.. They are quite loud in lo gain mode..

Yeah its damn powerful. I have yet to turn it past 1 hahah. granted im using hd25-1's which are pretty easy to drive, but still, impressive

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #446 of 1,324
i just received it today. with music it sounds great, especially flac etc...

when i listen to normal stuff, like streaming videos and hbogo i keep getting clicks and noise non stop...any ideas?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #447 of 1,324
I don't know if it has been asked already but does anyone have any impressions of the E10 with the Denon D2000?  Strictly running the Denons off of my laptop PC (HP Envy) and FLAC files, will I get better sound from this E10 DAC/AMP or do you think there is a better alternative for around this price range?  Appreciate the input. 

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #448 of 1,324

Quote:

How does it compare to your main rig? Does your HD800 sound just as good?

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #449 of 1,324

Quote:
E10 alone is warmer than E10->E9  IMO.

E9's relatively high output impedance is likely causing some bass roll-off in some low impendance headphones. E10 could just be more flat in FR.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #450 of 1,324

Quote:
E9's relatively high output impedance is likely causing some bass roll-off in some low impendance headphones. E10 could just be more flat in FR.

True, but this is with Q701s using the 1/4 jack, so the impedance effect is probably minor.  And it's not so much bass roll off, just brighter treble/less mids with E9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back