[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #451 of 1,324
this thing is so damn frustrating. cant listen to youtube music even on 1080p videos. theres just constant noise and static clicks.

pretty useless if i have to plug my headphones into the computer for everything, and then when i wanna listen to music through foobar i have to plug it into the 10.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #452 of 1,324

My Main rig (DACMagic + M-stage) sounds a bit darker with heavier bass and bigger soundstage. Maybe the FIIO E10 lacks some refinement but it is not burnt yet (<2 hours usage). It looks good for a portable alternative with my laptop. 
Quote:
How does it compare to your main rig? Does your HD800 sound just as good?

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #453 of 1,324
Thanks for that. It'd be interesting to hear your opinion after enough burn-in.

I find it hard to pull the trigger on E10 when Voldemort hasn't measured E10 for us yet.

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #455 of 1,324
I recently received my e10. Love it but I was wondering if other e10 owners are experiencing a sort of loose 3.5mm jack. Like, I can easily wiggle the headphone jack around while its plugged into the e10. Dunno if mine is defective or if that's how they all are. Thanks in advance ^^

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #456 of 1,324

Quote:
I recently received my e10. Love it but I was wondering if other e10 owners are experiencing a sort of loose 3.5mm jack. Like, I can easily wiggle the headphone jack around while its plugged into the e10. Dunno if mine is defective or if that's how they all are. Thanks in advance ^^

May I ask what headphone have you been using?

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #457 of 1,324

Quote:

Mine is sort of wiggly.  But the audio isn't affected.

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #458 of 1,324

Quote:

is defective. If you lose audio channels when moving it, exchange it for a new one.

My first E10 had a problem with the plug, the 2nd didn't (so far)

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #459 of 1,324

Quote:
I find it hard to pull the trigger on E10 when Voldemort hasn't measured E10 for us yet.

I see what you did there 
cool.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #460 of 1,324

Quote:
is defective. If you lose audio channels when moving it, exchange it for a new one.

My first E10 had a problem with the plug, the 2nd didn't (so far)

I don't know that it's defective.  I think it could just be normal play in the jack.  If your channels are messed up, then it may be defective.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #462 of 1,324

Quote:
May I ask how quality of E10 + E9 and AKG Q701 are?

Sure. I think they do pretty good with the Q701 for the price.  Enough to get them up and running.  A nice improvement over the sound care for sure.  Both certainly have enough power/volume for the Q701, but I haven't heard anything else to compare their quality with. 

I'll have an HRT Music Streamer II and a Matrix M-Stage in the next couple weeks, so I'll have to compare them. 

For the price, I think the E10 is a very nice little box.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #464 of 1,324
I'll have an HRT Music Streamer II and a Matrix M-Stage in the next couple weeks, so I'll have to compare them. 

Very interested in this comparison! First E10 to M-Stage to hear how much a bigger amp does, and then swapping E10 for the Music Streamer to hear how much the dac does. :smile: Pretty please?? Do you mean after christmas or before?

Anyone else have similar comparisons?

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #465 of 1,324

Quote:
Very interested in this comparison! First E10 to M-Stage to hear how much a bigger amp does, and then swapping E10 for the Music Streamer to hear how much the dac does.
smile.gif
Pretty please?? Do you mean after christmas or before?
Anyone else have similar comparisons?

Ya, I will compare them.  The M-stage is getting here either late this week or the week after.  The Music Streamer won't get here until Christmas (waiting for "Santa" to bring it
wink.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back