[Impression] FiiO E10
Nov 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #407 of 1,324

Quote:
Is anyone feeling any improvement by using WASAPI vs the regular DS on Foobar with the E10 ?

I dunno, but I use WASAPI exclusive mode anyways.  I use MusicBee BTW http://getmusicbee.com/ awesome program.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #412 of 1,324
Love my E10 for my laptop setup. Only one issue.

When I leave my computer a significant amount of time (10-15mins) and come back, the sound has quite a bit of static in it. I have to disconnect and reconnect the device in order for it to work properly. I havnt figured this one out yet. Every power saving configuration is turned off (usb suspending, ext.) so I cant figure out what would be causing it.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #413 of 1,324
I can use help with my new E10. It works fine on a friends windows computer but not on my iMac 27" with Lion. I see the entry for the E10 in the list of audio devices in Audio Midi Setup, so the Mac sees it, but the E10 doesn't produce sound thru my headphones. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? [BTW: same headphones used successfully on Windows machine.]

Sorry to be such a dummy. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #414 of 1,324

Quote:
I can use help with my new E10. It works fine on a friends windows computer but not on my iMac 27" with Lion. I see the entry for the E10 in the list of audio devices in Audio Midi Setup, so the Mac sees it, but the E10 doesn't produce sound thru my headphones. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? [BTW: same headphones used successfully on Windows machine.]

Sorry to be such a dummy. 

Try restarting your computer.

I don't mean to sound snarky, I had the same problem and restarting fixed it. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #415 of 1,324
Just got my E10 in the mail last night.  I am using it to drive Ultrasone HFI-580s for right now (not a particularly demanding pair of cans) but am less concern with the headphone amp and plan to use this as a cheap USB DAC for my HTPC to feed my 2 channel system sporting B&W CM9s via the coax out.

Sonically I do notice an improvement over the PC headphone jack in my limited critical listening but I have only given them a brief demo.

However, I did notice one annoying thing.  When I set foobar WASAPI plugin to use the E10 device for output, I find it becomes a bit delayed at default 1000ms buffer.  Lowering the buffer to 50ms seemed to fix it.  Anyone else have the same experience?  Is there an optimal buffer size?  The Realtek integrated worked fine with 1000ms.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #417 of 1,324
My E10 was sent 45 days ago..... 
confused_face.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #419 of 1,324
So what exactly is the difference between the new silk screen batch? Is the label on the front the only difference?
I'm thinking about ordering from headphone bar, but i'm hesitant because the holidays are coming up and i always seem to buy things shortly before they go on sale :)

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #420 of 1,324

Quote:
So what exactly is the difference between the new silk screen batch? Is the label on the front the only difference?
I'm thinking about ordering from headphone bar, but i'm hesitant because the holidays are coming up and i always seem to buy things shortly before they go on sale :)

Scroll up the page ^
http://www.head-fi.org/t/575084/impression-fiio-e10/405#post_7924559

That's all that's changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back