[Impression] FiiO E10
Nov 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #378 of 1,324
I have one question regarding either the FiiO E6 or the E10.  Instead using the headphone, If I use the Y  RCA connecting   the line out to my Pio Elite Receiver CD analog input, would I risk to damage the receiver. The reason is both the E6 and the E10 have their own amplifiers and by hooking up to another amplifier ( receiver) could overload the analog input.

Your 2 cents, please.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #379 of 1,324
At worst, the second amp will clip / distort at the output. It shouldn't cause any real damage.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #380 of 1,324
Are there 2 version of FiioE10? A version with silk screen and other version with no silk screen
confused.gif
? A shop near my house which is selling Fiio E10 but I have no idea which version it is. 

Here is the website http://v2kpc.vn/?module=product&act=detail&id=760&icatid=98

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #381 of 1,324
After the first batch sold out they changed to a different one, so all E10s after that point have the new one.  It just depends on whether that store is still selling E10s from the first batch.

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #382 of 1,324

Quote:
Are there 2 version of FiioE10? A version with silk screen and other version with no silk screen
confused.gif
? A shop near my house which is selling Fiio E10 but I have no idea which version it is. 

Here is the website http://v2kpc.vn/?module=product&act=detail&id=760&icatid=98

The silk screen doesn't look like the one on mine, but it's pretty hard to tell since the picture is really low quality.  Mine is out of the first batch.  There's no change to the actual unit though between the two versions, just the way the text is printed on the exterior.

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #383 of 1,324

Edit:  deleted post

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #384 of 1,324
I intend to buy a Fiio E10 and a Sennheiser HD555. I think this is a good combination and it is not too much expensive to enjoy Audiophile. Oh by the way, HD555 could be modded to improve the performance so is there anyone here please confirm that modding?

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #386 of 1,324

Quote:
The remove-the-tape mod has been proven to make the HD 555 better, just do a search :)

I didn't notice much of a difference.  The bass might open up a little, but it's hard to do a comparison when it requires taking the headphones apart and putting them back together every time.

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #387 of 1,324
This is what I heard from my E10 vs onboard soundcard on my laptops too.... Clearer, better separation, soundstage-depth, better bass, and smoother sound. And blacker background.

Quote:
I guess it would depend on your soundcard, but...the improvement is worth the $80 IMO. 

I wouldn't call it mind-blowing, but its definitely noticeable.  Things sound cleaner, clearer, more open, tighter bass, bigger soundstage, etc.  Its like your un-bottle-necking the sound.  And I noticed the improvement with all my headphones, even my KSC75 got clearer with a bigger soundstage, so the 558s would surely benefit.

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #388 of 1,324
I have a couple of questions.

My laptop has a crappy sound card and I'm thinking of buying this so that I can increase the volume higher when using my ath m50. I would plug them to my speakers (pro media 2.1) except that when I do so, I can hear the sound coming out of my speakers too (the volume is lower than if my head phones weren't plugged in). I am wondering if I can use this amp/dac to fix this problem by plugging the speakers and my head phones to the fiio e10 in the hopes that it would manage the sound output accordingly depending on if my head phones are plugged or not. Would that work and would the fiio function properly with my speakers?

Also if I were to buy these where would be the best place to get them shipped to Canada? Mp4Nation has free shipping but the wait time to receive products is long. Should I go with headphone bar instead? Also has anybody that got them from mp4nation paid duty fees? Thanks.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #389 of 1,324
I had the Promedia 2.1s and kinda miss them. Now I have the E10 and headphones.

If MiccaStore can ship them to Canada, it seems like a good buy.

Just plug the speakers in on the back "line out " as the Klipsch unit is amped.

If the sound stinks on your laptop, I think it's a good deal.

Quote:
I have a couple of questions.

My laptop has a crappy sound card and I'm thinking of buying this so that I can increase the volume higher when using my ath m50. I would plug them to my speakers (pro media 2.1) except that when I do so, I can hear the sound coming out of my speakers too (the volume is lower than if my head phones weren't plugged in). I am wondering if I can use this amp/dac to fix this problem by plugging the speakers and my head phones to the fiio e10 in the hopes that it would manage the sound output accordingly depending on if my head phones are plugged or not. Would that work and would the fiio function properly with my speakers?

Also if I were to buy these where would be the best place to get them shipped to Canada? Mp4Nation has free shipping but the wait time to receive products is long. Should I go with headphone bar instead? Also has anybody that got them from mp4nation paid duty fees? Thanks.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #390 of 1,324

Quote:
I had the Promedia 2.1s and kinda miss them. Now I have the E10 and headphones.

If MiccaStore can ship them to Canada, it seems like a good buy.

Just plug the speakers in on the back "line out " as the Klipsch unit is amped.

If the sound stinks on your laptop, I think it's a good deal.

Well, I have a thinkpad. Their are not really known to be strong in the multimedia departement. But do you think I'd still hear the sound coming out of my speakers when I plug my head phones in the e10? This is my main concern right now.

I think someone mentioned here that Micca ships to Canada, but only through money orders. I want to use my paypal account to buy them since I have some extra cash in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back