[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #526 of 1,324
As I have stated my second batch E10 appears to be suffering the jack issue and I have decent headphones, not ones with built in mic.

My jack does seem a bit loose, earlier I tried it again connected to my speaker setup and when I moved the jack to one side I got a loud cracking/distorting sound.

Definately going to arrange a replacement now.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing the amp as I think it's excellent value for money, just make sure you buy it from a retailer that will gladly accept returns/refunds to be safe.

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #527 of 1,324
I've been using the E7 & Senn HD-25's in the living room with my MacBook Air and tonight I pulled the E10 out of the office for a change.  All I can say is WOW again.  I'm probably going to get another E10 and retire the E7.
BTW.. My E10 is an early one from the first batch and no problems.. with the exception of plugs with the Apple remote but I don't use the IEM's with an amp any way. Awesome with the HD-25's and v-moda M-80's.  Just OK with the Senn HD650's.

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #528 of 1,324
I just got my Fiio E10 and Im pairing it with my HD 598s.  For some reason my realtek onboard audio ALC888s has quite a bit more bass than my E10 even with bass boost on, weird.  Equalizer is normal.  Maybe its naturally colored for bass.  There's definitely more clarity and depth with the E10, but way less bass than onboard audio.  This is only <1 hour impression.  Maybe the E10 needs burn in?

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #529 of 1,324

Quote:
As I have stated my second batch E10 appears to be suffering the jack issue and I have decent headphones, not ones with built in mic.

My jack does seem a bit loose, earlier I tried it again connected to my speaker setup and when I moved the jack to one side I got a loud cracking/distorting sound.

Definately going to arrange a replacement now.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing the amp as I think it's excellent value for money, just make sure you buy it from a retailer that will gladly accept returns/refunds to be safe.

You are right, in this clip when the owner was moving his or her Fiio E10's cable, the sound is distorted (you could hear e e sound).

I will wait for the third batch or fourth batch for sure. However, did anyone complain this problem to Fiio yet? Anyone who has good Fiio E10 products please try to move your Fiio to check if this issue happens to your Fiio or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R600xGw-O8s

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #530 of 1,324
Hello,
First time poster here.  I just received my e10 from Amazon this week. (seller Electronica Direct)
@LoveNight:  I just watched the youtube video that you posted and I'm unable to produce any
distortion whatsoever when wiggling the headphone jack.  I can physically see the jack move
on the e10 but the sound remains clear and steady.  For what it's worth, I'm using the m50s and
the silkscreen matches "C" from one of the previous posts (batch 2?).  To my newbie ears, the e10
seems to be a significant improvement over the e7 as far as SQ goes.  Best of luck to anyone who
is having a problem with their device.

Cheers,
- Bill

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #531 of 1,324
Anyone have any idea bow this sounds with the xb500? They sound pretty good on my iPhone 4 but ****ty with my inboard audio...will this make it sound better than iPhone 4?

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #532 of 1,324
First time poster, long-time lurker.

I bought some AT M50's and have been listening to my music collection through the Realtek 889 onboard sound card on my mother board for the last few weeks now. The cans have been been playing non-stop since I got them for the most part, so they've now got a couple hundred hours on them.

Tonight the E10 showed up. It's one of the newer silk-screen ones. First impression - WOW!
atsmile.gif
This definitely tightened up everything and the bass-boost is just fun. I'm going through and listening to all my music again and really liking what this little DAC/AMP is doing for it. Big thumbs up from this Head-fi newbie.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #533 of 1,324

Quote:
First time poster, long-time lurker.

I bought some AT M50's and have been listening to my music collection through the Realtek 889 onboard sound card on my mother board for the last few weeks now. The cans have been been playing non-stop since I got them for the most part, so they've now got a couple hundred hours on them.

Tonight the E10 showed up. It's one of the newer silk-screen ones. First impression - WOW!
atsmile.gif
This definitely tightened up everything and the bass-boost is just fun. I'm going through and listening to all my music again and really liking what this little DAC/AMP is doing for it. Big thumbs up from this Head-fi newbie.

You should upgrade to the 700 pro MKII and post your impressions!

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #535 of 1,324

Quote:
Does anyone feel the E10 to be worthy of comboing with a Lyr and an He500? I'm looking for a cheaper dac solution and not sure what to go for. :)

-mike

My setup:

Home: foobar (FLAC/ALAC) -> Fiio E10 -> Schiit Lyr (Lorenz) -> LCD 2.2 (with Q-cable)

I'm pretty happy with what I hear. I know I will get a new DAC next year, but so far, E10 does the job pretty good.

Just go for it. No complains when listen to  E10->Lyr->LCD-2

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #536 of 1,324

Quote:
My setup:

Home: foobar (FLAC/ALAC) -> Fiio E10 -> Schiit Lyr (Lorenz) -> LCD 2.2 (with Q-cable)

I'm pretty happy with what I hear. I know I will get a new DAC next year, but so far, E10 does the job pretty good.

Just go for it. No complains when listen to  E10->Lyr->LCD-2

Good to know; I've been thinking of hooking the E10 into an Asgard some time next year.  What do you use for an interconnect?  3.5mm to RCA, or do coax to RCA cables exist?

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #537 of 1,324

Quote:
Good to know; I've been thinking of hooking the E10 into an Asgard some time next year.  What do you use for an interconnect?  3.5mm to RCA, or do coax to RCA cables exist?

I use the cable that comes with the Lyr: 3.5 to RCA

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #538 of 1,324
A word of caution to those interested in the E10.  Make sure you purchase it from a place with a return policy.  I took delivery of one today and immediately noticed the loose headphone jack.  Wiggling the headphone plug in the jack produced the same noises and static that others have reported.  Needless to say back to Amazon it goes.  It's disappointing as the E10 sounded great but this jack issue is quite troubling, especially when one considers the stellar track record Fiio's products generally have. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back