[Impression] FiiO E10
Nov 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #421 of 1,324

Quote:
and you still haven't received it?? Who did you order from? Can anyone with a new one post a picture? I'd like to see the next Bass graphic.

I ordered from MP4 Nation, but I'm almost 100% sure, this is a Brazilian's Post office delay.

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #422 of 1,324
Didn't really want to start a new amp thread.

Will the E10 give better sound through a set of Grado 325i's, vs a Creative xfi xtremegamer sound card? Looking at various options to up the sound quality of my pc, and didn't get any help in the computer audio section. I'm ready to pull the trigger on something now, but can't seem to find a straight answer. I'm looking for something with a line out for my Klipsch PM 2.1's and something to power my Grado's. It seems the E10 fits the bill, but no point in it if the sound quality is the same.

I'm not even really stuck on the E10, but it seemed to fit pretty well. I will spend up to $200 on a amp/dac combo. The little dot mkII looks pretty good as well, then I lose the line out, which isn't that big of a deal. I am more just wanting better music quality, while using my pc. Portability doesn't matter.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #424 of 1,324
Got the E10 today and only been listening to it with the FA-011 headphones. WoW!! Miles Davis' "So What" (Lossless) is freaking incredible!! What a great investment!! Will hook it to the E9 a little later.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #425 of 1,324

Quote:
Got the E10 today and only been listening to it with the FA-011 headphones. WoW!! Miles Davis' "So What" (Lossless) is freaking incredible!! What a great investment!! Will hook it to the E9 a little later.

I agree, the E10 has excellent synergy with the FA-011.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #426 of 1,324

Quote:
and you still haven't received it?? Who did you order from? Can anyone with a new one post a picture? I'd like to see the next Bass graphic.

Ordered from mp4nation.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #427 of 1,324
Dat plug ^

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #428 of 1,324
Just received the E10 from Amazon--things sound much cleaner on my MS1000s versus my macbook/macbook+cmoy. The E10 is very clear and undistorted--it does a good job of delivering a neutral sound, with no frequencies overrepresented. The bass boost is a nice addition, and it really adds a solid bass at the lower frequencies (and does not color higher freqs). Overall it sounds great, especially for $80.

Now when I connect my cmoy through the line out on the E10, WOW. It sounds very smooth and enjoyable--full, warm, just great. The E10 is fine on its own, but when I switch back to it from the combo I find it slightly clinical. I am curious if the E10+E9 also has a nice synergy?

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #429 of 1,324

Quote:
Now when I connect my cmoy through the line out on the E10, WOW. It sounds very smooth and enjoyable--full, warm, just great. The E10 is fine on its own, but when I switch back to it from the combo I find it slightly clinical. I am curious if the E10+E9 also has a nice synergy?

E10 alone is warmer than E10->E9  IMO.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #431 of 1,324

Quote:
I just changed out the USB cable I was using with the E10--sounds a TON better. Definitely worth the investment!

Changed it out to what?

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #433 of 1,324
What do you mean by Dedicated exactly ?
It will sound A LOT better than ANY integrated sound card or laptop sound card. If by Dedicated however you mean some hi-end Asus Xonar Essence STX card - things might change a bit - don't know in who's favor - maybe some other memebers could answer that.
On the DAC side ( and that's pretty much what you're asking ) - I compared the E10 with some high end ( $5K ) DACs on some crazy priced setups, although it was surclassed by the "big boys" the performance was absolutely impressive.
So this should be an item ANYBODY with a PC/Laptop should buy.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #434 of 1,324

Quote:
I just changed out the USB cable I was using with the E10--sounds a TON better. Definitely worth the investment!

Oh, I am very curious about what USB cable you changed. Did you use the original USB Cable with Fiio E10 or you used other better USB cable such as gold-plate USB Cable. Please confirm this because I know the original USB cable with E10 is good but not best. If you replaced it with better USB cable then I should do the same ^^.

Oh by the way, may I ask Fiio E10 uses synchronize USB cable or asynchronize USB ?

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #435 of 1,324
Sorry, yes, the term "dedicated sound card", in the pc realm, referres to a add-in card like the Asus. In my case, it's a Creative X-Fi xtremegamer. I have been looking at amp/dac combo's in the $200 and less range, and this seems like the popular option. I've also looked at the little dot mkII and the ibasso d2+ boa. Using these on a set of Grado 325is by the way.

Another quick question, how long is the usb cable that comes with this amp? I would look it up myself, but the site is blocked at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back