Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 13, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #1,306 of 1,852
I hated the Koss D1000 so much despite all its praises. 
When I first got it, I was like hmm... maybe this need burn-in.
Then after 80 hours it still sounds like its coming out a a tin can. 

May 13, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #1,307 of 1,852
Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs 3.1

About 2 weeks after I bought them off another head-fier, he announced that 2 new and significant improvements had been made (3.2 and 3.3), thus taking a bit out of their resale value and also giving me a nice case of "just missed the upgrade-itus boat." 

May 13, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,308 of 1,852
Quote:

About 2 weeks after I bought them off another head-fier, he announced that 2 new and significant improvements had been made (3.2 and 3.3), thus taking a bit out of their resale value and also giving me a nice case of "just missed the upgrade-itus boat." 

Come on, you payed $ 260,-, including shipping, tracking and registration. Never saw them cheaper, and I wish I'd reacted sooner to get them for this price.
There's no version 3.3. So if you had waited for the one update you missed, you had to pay $ 300,-, plus the costs of shipping to Vietnam and a full price written on the customs declaration form.

If I buy them new, the total costs will be $ 450,- (shipping, customs duties, import taxes).

May 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #1,309 of 1,852
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #1,311 of 1,852
Quote:

Come on, you payed $ 260,-, including shipping, tracking and registration. Never saw them cheaper, and I wish I'd reacted sooner to get them for this price.
There's no version 3.3. So if you had waited for the one update you missed, you had to pay $ 300,-, plus the costs of shipping to Vietnam and a full price written on the customs declaration form.

If I buy them new, the total costs will be $ 450,- (shipping, customs duties, import taxes).

There was a set on the for sale thread for $200 recently - you may want to see if they're still there. My complaint will be a moot point once another upgrade comes out, so you're right to roll your eyes at me. I want these things to be the best they can be, so it was a bit deflating to read about the new tweaks which Dan claims are significant improvements so soon after I got them.

May 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,312 of 1,852
Quote:
There was a set on the for sale thread for $200 recently - you may want to see if they're still there. My complaint will be a moot point once another upgrade comes out, so you're right to roll your eyes at me. I want these things to be the best they can be, so it was a bit deflating to read about the new tweaks which Dan claims are significant improvements so soon after I got them.

That set was with Dog pads, not Alpha pads. And CoNus, so you never had a chance.

You can send your Mad Dog to MrSpeakers. He will perform the update for only $ 30,-
With that update, you still are better off than paying the full price I suppose.

I didn't roll eyes, it was more meant as "count your blessings", because I really think you got lucky.
And of course I was angry at myself that I was too late to grab them.

And for value, maybe I'll prefer the older versions over the 3.2. It's more a matter of taste than 'better'. 

May 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,314 of 1,852
For me it's the aiaiai beats port,  I thought those were the most unnatural sounding headphone for me and sounded poor with everything except maybe EDM.  I totally bought the wrong headphone as I don't listen to EDM.

The packaging is pretty nice though.

May 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #1,315 of 1,852
The Audio Technica ATH-M50. Not because they're bad, but it's just cuz my descent into the world of audiophile was so rapid that I have no use for them anymore (and I gave them away to a friend). A month and half after I bought the M50, I had the Sennheiser HD 700. I felt I could have skipped directly to the HD 598, which I do not regret buying because it has its uses (comfortable, no amp needed).

Nonetheless, the M50 was my "gateway" headphones (as in gateway drugs) that got me really into the world of audiophiles, and I blame them for my addiction I guess without that purchase I would not be exposed to the true sound I hear today.

Anyone looking into the world of audiophiles, avoid the M50 at all costs. Before long your wallet will be empty. (But seriously, while they're not bad, if I could do it again I'd skip straight to the HD 598).

May 27, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #1,316 of 1,852
klipsch image s4. They kept breaking on me, must of bought 4 pairs before I realized they sell way better sound iems with replaceable cables for around 200$ ie. TF10

May 27, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #1,317 of 1,852
Quote:

I guess I'm missing the logic on this. You regret purchasing them because an upgrade came out later?

May 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,318 of 1,852
Skull Candy FMJ (only paid $10 brand new) but I like the cheap Monoprice earbuds better. 

V-Moda crossfades, way too bass heavy for me. Might work for some people but I like hearing the highs and not just all bass. 

May 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,319 of 1,852
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I'm missing the logic on this. You regret purchasing them because an upgrade came out later?

Yes, its been a huge controversy over on the Mad Dogs thread, that I do not understand.

May 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,320 of 1,852
Mad Dogs. Read the hype, was told they thumped, bought them, anticipated the grand opening of the box, hooked up...........and within an hour knew they were going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back